Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3479 3480 [3481] 3482 3483 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5141137 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #52200 on: April 03, 2016, 03:16:36 pm »

I think anybody who went into Homestuck expecting kids faffing about with Sburb never read Problem Sleuth.
GG WP
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52201 on: April 03, 2016, 03:21:42 pm »

I think anybody who went into Homestuck expecting kids faffing about with Sburb never read Problem Sleuth.
I mean, it's true that Problem Sleuth escalated, but most of it was still detectives faffing about with puzzles.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 03:31:31 pm by Elephant Parade »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52202 on: April 03, 2016, 05:09:27 pm »

~48 hours remaining till the end of Act 6. I wonder if the site is going to be able to handle the intensity of that fateful hour...
._.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52203 on: April 03, 2016, 05:12:22 pm »

~48 hours remaining till the end of Act 6. I wonder if the site is going to be able to handle the intensity of that fateful hour...
It's survived the last few updates with no major trouble, so it can probably live through the flash.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #52204 on: April 03, 2016, 07:05:00 pm »

so when did everyone else stop reading homestuck, only to be shocked back into action by the announcement of the 4/13 ending
I know how to operate a POWERFUL RSS READER and for years now the updates have been far too sparse to even distract me so I had no reason to stop.

I have wailed and gnashed my teeth about Homestuck before- especially when it updated every day any day all day-- but I have to agree with Putnam. This animated web picture book textadventure parody is a strange beast and one should not expect it to carry one to places known and beloved but this does not mean you need to lower your expectations. Just flip them someway. I'll stay my judgment until after the last few days. Only calm, collected hype now.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52205 on: April 03, 2016, 07:20:39 pm »

The only way Hussie can disappoint me with the rest of Homestuck is if it manages to be not funny or climactic. I'd be very fine with a funny anticlimax.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #52206 on: April 03, 2016, 07:23:18 pm »

what about an unfunny climax
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52207 on: April 03, 2016, 08:29:07 pm »

that'd be fine too

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52208 on: April 04, 2016, 09:13:04 am »

Okay, so, before the moment is lost forever, let's make a few predictions about the nature of the upcoming flash:

- It'll most likely start on a slow note, with some panel stretching thingies yet again, only to be suddenly interrupted by some kind of screen shattering effect, destroying the imagery of the site itself, and leaving a half-broken window for us to look through. That'll make it clear that LE is not to be trifled with, and also be very Hussie-style. There's probably going to be a lot of extra dimensional stuff like that going on.

- It'll contain some kind of fake fake-out (or "psyche", as Hussie likes to call it). Probably more than one time.

- Almost every character will die at least once, given how much talk there was about keeping the Life mage nearby for resurrection purposes. Including the Life mage herself, most likely. There will probably be other forms of ressurection, or maybe some kind of retcon cloning. Anyway, high possibility that at least one character will not make it through, and that most characters will lose something in the process of fighting.

- LE and his analogues will most likely be killed once, them self-ressurect in some bullshit way to show the impossibility of killing them the conventional way. Then there's gonna be some super-special shenanigans. Like Super!Calliope destroying the Green Sun, or something like that, to rid LE and his colleagues of their extra power, and some kind of super timey-wimey imprisonment bullshit, as well, since they're kind of immortal.
Speaking of Green Sun, how did Davepetasprite^2 get to it so quickly, and for what reason? It's probably going to be relevant, as well.

- The magic rings of Life and Void. They exist. They were kind of important. They'll probably play quite an important part in defeating LE.

- Mayor will deliver.
._.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52209 on: April 04, 2016, 09:30:24 am »

Vriska dying was fine, good even. I mainly had an issue with the endless meandering and lack of direction that afflicted the story. Act 6 was pretty rough in places.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #52210 on: April 04, 2016, 03:38:42 pm »

Speaking of Green Sun, how did Davepetasprite^2 get to it so quickly, and for what reason? It's probably going to be relevant, as well.
Woke up this guy?
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
« Reply #52211 on: April 05, 2016, 03:56:05 am »

The space+time explanations at last!  Now I understand how they are opposites.

And heart... intriguing.  I might have to reread all the Nepeta, Dirk, Felina, Eridan and Terezi stuff.

Ramblings:

Also, heart is now confirmed adjacent to time and void to space.  Puzzle progressing again.  Finally.

It's also looking like heart is opposite to void, not mind.  Mind may be adjacent to heart instead.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52212 on: April 05, 2016, 05:16:13 am »

The space+time explanations at last!  Now I understand how they are opposites.

And heart... intriguing.  I might have to reread all the Nepeta, Dirk, Felina, Eridan and Terezi stuff.

Ramblings:

Also, heart is now confirmed adjacent to time and void to space.  Puzzle progressing again.  Finally.

It's also looking like heart is opposite to void, not mind.  Mind may be adjacent to heart instead.
I think the whole "elements can be put into pairs of opposites" to be completely wrong.

I mean, the whole "troll romance" thing was Hussie basically hammering that point in, wasn't it? There are, explicitly, multiple different relationships types, and so, each element logically could also have more than one opposite one, on different axis's.

In fact, I think that you could, for every pair of elements, think of a way they could be defined as 1) opposites, 2) adjacent, and 3) basically everything inbetween. That would go along nicely with the revelation that every single element allows you to reach your ultimate platonic self.
._.

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
« Reply #52213 on: April 05, 2016, 06:47:04 am »

In fact, I think that you could, for every pair of elements, think of a way they could be defined as 1) opposites, 2) adjacent, and 3) basically everything inbetween. That would go along nicely with the revelation that every single element allows you to reach your ultimate platonic self.

I would agree, but then I would need a different approach to determine the 8 undisclosed aspects.  And even this way is a stretch, I know.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #52214 on: April 05, 2016, 07:15:08 am »

Why should there be exactly 8 undisclosed aspects? Why not an arbitrary number between 0 and infinity, depending on what the story winds up needing?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 3479 3480 [3481] 3482 3483 ... 3524