Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3470 3471 [3472] 3473 3474 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5141487 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #52065 on: July 27, 2015, 09:24:21 pm »

Wouldn't that mean John's doomed, though?
Or does the retcon majicks fix that
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52066 on: July 27, 2015, 09:39:54 pm »

It's not exactly entirely doomed; John and Roxy (and Jasprose and the migrant Davesprite?) are from that timeline and they are now alpha. General!Tavros is from that timeline, and in the scheme of fighting LE, he is now also alpha. John couldn't get his powers without that timeline, Roxy made the matriorb because she had practice with John, and Tavros finally got fed up enough to gather the army on his own because of those events.

I kinda think the retcon powers are a loophole that Paradox Space is cultivating to get around LE's tinkering with things, by giving John the same ability to tinker with things, then healing itself into the alpha timeline where this group of players has to cauterize the wounds LE is making into a bundle of doomed timelines, then allowing the players to escape that bundle.

Doing so seems like a larger-scale version of Aranea's original plan... taking the useful parts of doomed timelines and nurturing them into a strong, combined alpha. She made it all about her, which was incorrect and cost her everything. The rest, including the dreambubble army, are fighting for the right cause, so they are relevant and alpha to the grand plot of the comic. This ties in with what Dirk said about no version of any character being less important than any other... Dave wouldn't have been angry enough to call out Dirk if Bro hadn't been such an ass raising him, so Bro continued to be an important plot mover long after his death. Dreambubble army presumably works the same way... you have a huge pile of pretty badass players, many of whom have godtier-level abilities, that have been cultivated through hardship and soul-searching to fight this fight on their terms. All of them are fighting LE... all of them from all those "doomed" timelines are relevant and important. As the comic goes, they are alpha and critical to the final victory over LE as far as we know.

I'm going to take a break from shitposting textwalls now.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52067 on: July 27, 2015, 09:49:09 pm »

That's... really sound. Hope Hussie doesn't turn everything over just because :/
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52068 on: July 27, 2015, 10:29:33 pm »

I'm confused about what just happened.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52069 on: July 27, 2015, 10:37:16 pm »

I'm confused about what just happened.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #52070 on: July 28, 2015, 12:32:05 am »

Retcon makes thing 'canon'. The Game Over timeline was the alpha timeline, but then John turned it into a doomed timeline. The stuffs he brought from the doomed timeline also became canon by proxy of retcon equinemanure.
I don't see how that is confusing.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52071 on: July 28, 2015, 12:32:53 am »

It was always doomed, it's just that retjohn happened to come from there, making it important in the grand scheme of things, much like Davesprite.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #52072 on: July 28, 2015, 12:59:22 am »

It was always doomed, it's just that retjohn happened to come from there, making it important in the grand scheme of things, much like Davesprite.
Ah.
A nice, simple explanation that makes everything make sense all of a sudden.

Is this why they call you the local homestuck guru?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52073 on: July 28, 2015, 01:06:34 am »

do they

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52074 on: July 28, 2015, 01:14:12 am »

Retcon makes thing 'canon'. The Game Over timeline was the alpha timeline, but then John turned it into a doomed timeline. The stuffs he brought from the doomed timeline also became canon by proxy of retcon equinemanure.

The Alpha Timeline is the one with Lord English in it, because of his unconditional immortality. The Game Over timeline couldn't have been the alpha timeline because everyone but John, Roxy and Dirk died. Lord English was created from Lil Cal with Caliborn's soul in it, which was created when all the alpha and beta kids + ARquiussprite put his soul in it during a climactic battle in which Jake was a pivotal contribute. If Jake dies, then Caliborn never gets his soul stuck in Lil Cal, which means no Lord English. Therefore GAME OVER timeline was NEVER the Alpha timeline.
Spooky Signature

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52075 on: July 28, 2015, 01:17:33 am »

I'm no Putnam,
E: I defer to Putnam's superior Homestuckness

Mind. BLOWN.
And I was going to grab a quote of someone saying "someone get putnam on this", but I couldn't find it. I may have imagined it.
The Cyan Menace

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52076 on: July 28, 2015, 01:20:53 am »

The Alpha Timeline is the one with Lord English in it, because of his unconditional immortality. The Game Over timeline couldn't have been the alpha timeline because everyone but John, Roxy and Dirk died. Lord English was created from Lil Cal with Caliborn's soul in it, which was created when all the alpha and beta kids + ARquiussprite put his soul in it during a climactic battle in which Jake was a pivotal contribute. If Jake dies, then Caliborn never gets his soul stuck in Lil Cal, which means no Lord English. Therefore GAME OVER timeline was NEVER the Alpha timeline.

Well, that and the fact that Caliborn was born in the universe created by the B2 session.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52077 on: July 28, 2015, 01:27:17 am »

Well, that and the fact that Caliborn was born in the universe created by the B2 session.

Oh yeah, I knew there was an easier linkage there somewhere. Bluh. Too late at night.
Spooky Signature

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52078 on: July 28, 2015, 01:42:08 am »

Wait.
So the "Beta Trolls" in Universe 0 create Universe 1.
Universe 1 contains two notable sessions.
The first is one that sends an "unbeatable boss" back into the Beta Troll's session.
The second is the one that creates Universe 2.
Universe 2 contains (so far) one notable session, the one that creates Calliborn the "other unbeatable boss" and sends him back into Universe 1, and back further into Universe 0.

I think that's a pattern (based on two data points). Each universe created will contain a boss that the residents of a session could not handle, which will spill out into the session that created it. The session which creates the boss will inevitably fail, but there will be other sessions in the same universe which will succeed.

Y/N?
The Cyan Menace

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52079 on: July 28, 2015, 02:10:00 am »

Lord English is behind all of it, presumably. There's only one villain. Bec Noir was engineered through Vriska via Doc Scratch... aka LE's host. There were hints that Damara was pushed over the edge by someone or something... probably Kurloz who is directly working for LE.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 3470 3471 [3472] 3473 3474 ... 3524