Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3433 3434 [3435] 3436 3437 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5141903 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #51510 on: May 13, 2015, 05:35:54 pm »

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 02:50:34 pm by penguinofhonor »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51511 on: May 13, 2015, 05:38:26 pm »

That's not how it works, either. More likely she's not telling anyone any of it because the plan she has is based around what she saw in the future and they don't need to know that or Karkat will throw a shitfit.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #51512 on: May 13, 2015, 05:43:23 pm »

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 02:50:37 pm by penguinofhonor »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51513 on: May 13, 2015, 06:27:50 pm »

The update about the combat roles is here.

Spoiler: combat roles analysis (click to show/hide)

P.S. This plan is bound to fail. It literally cannot succeed without a motherfucking miracle.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 06:34:58 pm by Sergarr »
._.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #51514 on: May 13, 2015, 06:40:36 pm »

Gamzee isn't dead m8.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51515 on: May 13, 2015, 06:41:52 pm »

He's not on the side that needs that miracle, so it doesn't matter.
._.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51516 on: May 13, 2015, 06:51:04 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 07:01:51 pm by Elephant Parade »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #51517 on: May 13, 2015, 06:51:15 pm »

You said a motherfucking miracle. That's kinda gamzee's thing. One will happen.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #51518 on: May 13, 2015, 06:54:17 pm »

It can work that way, I think. If you screw with actions in the past in a way that breaks the alpha timeline's continuity, it creates a doomed timeline. Like Terezi telling John to get himself killed by Typheus. If Vriska sufficiently screwed with the party right now (like saying "don't fight this Jack, he'll kill you") then it would similarly create a doomed timeline.
I think you've gravely misunderstood how time travel in Homestuck tends to work out. If you screw with the past, it creates a doomed timeline, except when it doesn't because it creates the alpha timeline out of a doomed one. There absolutely no reason not to try and minmax your timelines, because you have no way of knowing whether or not what you do or don't do contributes to the alpha timeline. If the alpha is the one in which you returned with foreknowledge of the battle, there you go! And if it wasn't, keeping your damn mouth shut won't change anything unless the alpha timeline is the one in which you kept your mouth shut despite knowing how to fix everything.

Time travel in Homestuck operates on narrative principles, not causality ones.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51519 on: May 13, 2015, 07:15:50 pm »

P.S. This plan is bound to fail.

Of course it will fail. The fact that we know it means it will fail... as stated. BUT... we know the grand goal succeeds - somehow.

The only thing Karkat and Kanaya have done before was... breed frogs. Could be a second chance coming up here?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 07:18:07 pm by Darkmere »
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51520 on: May 13, 2015, 07:30:45 pm »

Okay Vriska is definitely hurling all this abuse at Jake to unlock some inner power.  It's too deliberate.  She only put this much effort into "ignoring" someone when she was trying to train Tavros.  Also, I'm extra-sure that Tavros is going to prototype with Robo Jack now.  Gonna call that Davrosprite.

I can't believe I didn't think of it earlier, but it makes perfect sense to only send humans against the Condesce.  All the trolls can probably be mind controlled except Vriska, and she theoretically could be wrong/bluffing about that.  Although, I'm a bit surprised that Karkat won't be striking a blow against the hemocaste Sufferer-style...  Maybe the Karkat-Kanaya plan has something to do with that, somehow.  Not sure what their part is going to be otherwise.  Fakedit:  Darkmere has a good point, could be frogbreeding.  But... now?

I still like the idea of Rosesprite hobbling the Condesce by prototyping with her, though I'm not sure how she's supposed to move the windows around without prototyping with them first.

Jaspersprite is just a joke of course, right?  Too easy, I bet he distracts GCAT to help shut down that aspect of the Condesce's arsenal.

This is actually looking fairly survivable.  When Jade wakes up the Condesce will be confounded by John's incorporeal wind powers and Rose's prescient tactics.  She might be prototyped with Rosesprite, and Tavros might have the power to weaken HIC's distracted control of Jade's Beq half sufficiently.  Though he might be a bit renegade if he's merged with Robo Jack.

Haha ohgod what if Davrosprite's newfound confidence causes him to immediately focus on his failed quadrant endeavors.  <3 Jade, auspice the dogs, kismesis Vriska, and moirail Gamzee.  When none of them want that, but they suddenly have to deal with it because he's suddenly not a pushover.
This is probably insane.

I do bet Jade and/or Davrosprite will auspice for Dog Jack and PM, blindsiding everybody by using that silly 4th quadrant nobody remembers.  At which point they'd both be inclined to protect Jade, with more success than last time.

Dave's finally going to get that tragic heroic death, and Dirk will have to see it.  Being a Strider is suffering.

I don't think Vriska explained what she'll be doing during all this, beyond coordinating...  Maybe trying to gank the killing blow on HIC or Lord Jack, but probably something completely out of left field.

Edit: Oop, meant to say a lot of this makes sense.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 07:49:02 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #51521 on: May 13, 2015, 07:46:20 pm »

Fuck, that is almost guaranteed to happen, isn't it?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51522 on: May 13, 2015, 08:07:32 pm »

Fuck, that is almost guaranteed to happen, isn't it?
Yes. It will be wonderful.

But overall with that conflict there is no way that the Banana Weenie is going to do any actual killing. Probably just end up having a conversation instead.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51523 on: May 13, 2015, 08:11:33 pm »

I still like the idea of Rosesprite hobbling the Condesce by prototyping with her, though I'm not sure how she's supposed to move the windows around without prototyping with them first.

Roseprite shouldn't have any trouble moving the windows. Sprites appear to have telekinesis, as seen here.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #51524 on: May 13, 2015, 08:14:18 pm »

Moreover, we do know that single-prototyped sprites can touch things. Vriska's just being silly.
Pages: 1 ... 3433 3434 [3435] 3436 3437 ... 3524