Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3432 3433 [3434] 3435 3436 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5142000 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #51495 on: May 13, 2015, 03:34:36 am »

I see the problem with "expendable/defensive squads". Namely, there aren't enough people around to do that. Like, really really not enough.

12prototypes!Black King took 12 trolls in full war equipment to take down. There aren't 12 trolls here. All they have right now is 3(Alpha)+3(Beta)+4(Trolls)+3(Sprites w/ Arquius) = 13 total bodies, and not all of them are on war-troll level. They can get +1 (Dirk) if they wait, but there are still not enough people to really split the party.

They absolutely either need to focus fire their opponents one by one, or they need some additional reinforcements a la Aradiabot army.

Speaking of Aradia, she's still alive and in the Furthest Ring... and she has the Weapon... hmmm.
._.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51496 on: May 13, 2015, 04:05:17 am »

I can't wait for Rosesprite to prototype herself with the Condesce and go glamdark.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51497 on: May 13, 2015, 04:10:35 am »

In general, I feel that Vriska's plan is reliant on enemies being dumb MMO bosses and not doing one of the following things:
1) Listening in on their plan.
2) Targeting the healer first.
3) Destroying the teleportation windows.

Or, in HIC's case:

4) Putting everyone to sleep/mind control.

I think that combat is not going to work out here very well.
._.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51498 on: May 13, 2015, 08:13:31 am »

I can't wait for Rosesprite to prototype herself with the Condesce and go glamdark.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wow that got away from me.  I'm putting my boonbucks on the first paragraph being true, the rest is maybe wishful thinking.
And even if some things actually happen this way, I'm kinda skeptical that Vriska's planning them...  Seems just as likely that she really is trying to overpower the bosses and doesn't value the pages' powers.  But she literally used Tavros for his power before, right after losing an arm and an eye, so this might just be a misdirection.  Perhaps she suspects they're being watched, so she's putting the pieces in the right places while shouting a wrong reason.  Maybe she's keeping Karkat occupied so he doesn't loudly remember something like Tavros or Jade's interactions with Dog-Jack.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51499 on: May 13, 2015, 10:00:04 am »

Vriska is crap at planning anything. Her strategy since the comic started has always been brute force - punch it hard enough long enough and hope whatever you're hitting goes down before you do. (Aradia doesn't want to play? Kill her. Terezi ratted me to Scratch? Blind her. Black King? Force crits. Bec Noir? Charge right at him without considering any other consequences. Need a map in the Furthest Ring? Let Aranea mind control a legion of dead friends.) Doc Scratch was right, she's violent and predictable like an insect.

But this time she doesn't have any actual facts about what's going on here, and is guessing about everything, so the fight isn't as dire as she thinks. Spades has all of the Felt with him and given half a chance will sic every single one of them on Union Jack. The dog fight may not even notice anything else is going on if Jade is actually kept hidden from them (There's basically no way this will happen, though). Really, HIC is the biggest threat in the fight because she can toss around planets and in a bad tantrum can ruin the session, but no one knows that. Pretty sure "go punch her a lot" isn't going to work, but we'll see.

For that matter Dirk can almost solo any of these threats with the soul-ripping attack provided he gets the drop on his target. Vriska just thinks he's "pretty good with a sword" and no one else even knows what he can do (This Roxy was asleep at the time he did that). All these plans are just a refresher of the situation and everyone's basic abilities before the fight happens and everything goes to hell immediately.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #51500 on: May 13, 2015, 10:24:16 am »

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 02:44:56 pm by penguinofhonor »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51501 on: May 13, 2015, 10:26:01 am »

She's not guessing, though. She's time traveled to the future and has seen at least some of this fight or the outcome.
What makes you say that she traveled to the future?

She's not a time player, I don't think she would risk fucking up with time against the frikking LORD OF TIME.
._.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51502 on: May 13, 2015, 11:04:58 am »

I don't think she's been to the future per se. I think she's got some kind of insider information that let her use Aradia's timetables to fix all the shit Gamzee would have done to fuck everything up.

Completely random guess is that she has a doomed Muse helping her get things right in the grand scheme and the smaller stuff needs to be handled by the team's Seers as it comes up. The battle plans are probably just rigging everything up to a good starting position before Tz and LightlondeX2 Combo take over and Vriska bows out to take care of something else.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51503 on: May 13, 2015, 11:49:43 am »

I don't think the Seers powers are going to be working properly in this battle.

The obvious hint has already been here - the appearance of Rosesprite out of nowhere has 100% blindsided Rose.
._.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51504 on: May 13, 2015, 03:08:34 pm »

Rose can only see what leads to a fortuitous outcome. Rose being prototyped is entirely inconsequential on whatever Paradox Space defines as fortuitous.

Which itself might end up being a plot point, but in itself doesn't show issues with Rose's powers.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #51505 on: May 13, 2015, 03:23:09 pm »

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 02:45:13 pm by penguinofhonor »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51506 on: May 13, 2015, 03:27:32 pm »

Also, she was very clearly seen with Aradia's timegraphs in place of Gamzee in the Vriskagram flash.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51507 on: May 13, 2015, 04:28:28 pm »

If she'd known how the fight played out exactly she wouldn't be so cagey about Spades or completely blank about the Condesce. I'm still betting my nonexistent boondollars that she has intel and enough insight to get this setup of this timeline to this point, plus enough vague details on the future to know Gamzee has something to do with it and the eventual goal is Earth in universe C.

Whatever happens next could be beyond her sight... and the best way to do that is probably Void. There are two void players present who both make it to the future showdown with English, and something happened to shield part of this session from Calliope's snooping. Whether that is the trap for English (meaning Caliborn's session overrode the blackout) or something else (probably more important, like pulling the B1 kids out of that homestuck juju?) is up for debate.

For that matter it could all be predestination and the timetables only took her where she already had to be, and that location isn't right here for this fight. P-space feels like it's trying to correct itself in lieu of John's time shenanigans to override LE's loophole shenanigans.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #51508 on: May 13, 2015, 04:55:26 pm »

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 02:50:31 pm by penguinofhonor »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51509 on: May 13, 2015, 05:10:51 pm »

Doomed timelines do not work that way. Every single instance of time travel we've seen implies that the situation you described is not possible.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 3432 3433 [3434] 3435 3436 ... 3524