Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3422 3423 [3424] 3425 3426 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5142089 times)

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #51345 on: May 05, 2015, 04:36:47 am »

i actually hate all of the trolls and the alpha kids. The only acceptable characters are the beta kids and the dancestors. Roxy can come too.
Whoa there, I'm running danger to loose my inofficial position as the most bitter person active in this thread.

Anyway, those two are certainly the un-sharpest tools in the shed, but that dialogue was good. Jake used a many of those highly unlikely figures of speech that make him amusing to read. Tavros presented his off-screen character development, a very believable development: If he had become actually confident or useful I wouldn't have bought it. It's of course sad and frustrating that he still... or AGAIN... can't stand up to the Vriska. Who, in turn, is strangely satisfyingly shown to still be the insufferable dick she never stopped to be. Somehow saving the timeline with her people skills. Uh.
(I'm betting good money of various currencies on this not being part of any masterplan. Vriska's helping Jape here the only way she knows: by claiming superiority.)
I couldn't laught at the verbal beatdown, though, as certain people here. There is kicking somebody while they're down, there is kicking somebody who's been reduced to a sack of bone splinters and inflamed nerve endings, and then there is kicking at thin air.

VRISKA: It's time to face the facts. You're never going to have that "8ig moment" that vindic8tes your arc of personal development. It's just not going to happen!
Something tells me that the Pages aren't the only ones.
We knew  many a thread would be either cut or left dangling, when Homestuck started ending... well over a year ago?
No reason to rub it into our faces and open sores, Vriska.

Jake reminds me of myself.

Ouch.
I too see my worst qualities mirrored and exaggerated in fictional characters, yet never my best.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51346 on: May 05, 2015, 04:43:01 am »

Vriska didn't save the timeline with her people skills, she saved the timeline by... 8eing her. She didn't talk Rose down from being drunk, she was like "PUT THAT FUCKING THING DOWN BITCH" and slapped the drink out of her hand. She was an asshole to everyone in such a way that they ended up bettering themselves despite her.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51347 on: May 05, 2015, 05:11:29 am »

._.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51348 on: May 05, 2015, 09:49:28 am »

Vriska didn't save the timeline with her people skills, she saved the timeline by... 8eing her. She didn't talk Rose down from being drunk, she was like "PUT THAT FUCKING THING DOWN BITCH" and slapped the drink out of her hand. She was an asshole to everyone in such a way that they ended up bettering themselves despite her.

No one even bothered talking to her last time until it was far too late. Dave was... Dave, and Kanaya could only get her to blubber in self-pity. Karkat was too busy being jealous @ Terezi to really care. Rose needed someone to slap sense into her, and no one else was going to.

Also bluh bluh huge bitch to Terezi since they still hate each other so much, right? Etc.

But yes, they all did need someone with enough perspective and will to call them out on their fuckups. It's exactly what the alpha kids didn't have, which is most of why Jake is a useless mess. Roxy's the closest thing they had to an emotional leader figure but she was busy actually working through her own issues while trying to be friendly instead of forceful, and revelations are pretty blunt most of the time.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51349 on: May 05, 2015, 10:18:56 am »

I wonder when punk!Vriska is going to accomplish something in the future. Too much character development to think otherwise.
._.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51350 on: May 05, 2015, 10:34:24 am »

I wonder when punk!Vriska is going to accomplish something in the future. Too much character development to think otherwise.

Finding Lord English's Juju and helping John retcon her own death wasn't enough?

I think Vreenah was her happy ending, since she doesn't care about being the star anymore.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51351 on: May 05, 2015, 11:06:26 am »

"Happy ending" is a really funny thing to say given what punk!Vriska was talking before about how useless ghost lives are. She can still make a HEROIC SACRIFICE by aggroing Lord English heroically, and she most probably will.

._.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51353 on: May 05, 2015, 02:23:23 pm »

I am glad that I don't feel bad about laughing at Tavros and Jape's suffering. Because it's pretty great.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51354 on: May 05, 2015, 02:34:08 pm »

Every time I read Jape, I do a double take.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51355 on: May 05, 2015, 05:49:28 pm »

Huh. I saw new replies in this thread and thought they were about the...

Update.

(But they weren't, so I get to say 'Update'.)
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #51356 on: May 05, 2015, 06:01:14 pm »

Every time I read Jape, I do a double take.
So I'm not the only one.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51357 on: May 05, 2015, 08:14:01 pm »

Hm.  Scourge Sisters update's a bit underwhelming.  At least compared to Dave-Karkat-John's hilarious yet insightful commentary, and Rose-Roxy-Kanay's sweetness.  I liked Tavrosprite-Jake, but I like anything remotely involving Tavros.  Even when Particularly when it sucks for him, which is uh, always.

Probably doesn't help that I'm in Chapter 6 of the Serendipity Gospels, where Terezi is an utter flawed badass.  Kinda the opposite of fawning over Vriska.  Noncanon though, obviously.  Hell I'm pretty sure it was written before the dancestors were introduced, much less the retcon magicks.

Still slightly annoyed by the retcon.  Emphasis on slightly.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51358 on: May 05, 2015, 08:56:39 pm »

Now I'm really curious just how much of the timeline Vriska's reconnoitered. I had wondered if Dave would ever step up again, but I can't say I blame him for setting it aside. That was a pretty dismal road he walked, mostly alone.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #51359 on: May 06, 2015, 12:28:41 am »

Hmmm... so next up is more Lalonde stuff? But this time with Dave instead of Kanaya.

I think the Aquariusprite conversation's going to be the best, honestly, and the John/Jape conversation is going to be really anti-climatic but interrupted by somebody not even on this lilypad.

Hmmm.... I wonder if Tavrosprite is ever gonna get a second prototyping, and what? The chains on the refrigerator?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 12:30:25 am by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 3422 3423 [3424] 3425 3426 ... 3524