Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3403 3404 [3405] 3406 3407 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5142121 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #51060 on: April 15, 2015, 07:17:17 pm »

Also note: the Mirthful Messiahs are Doc Scratch and Lord English.

Gamzee, at one point, realized that the Mirthful Messiahs are "both me AND ALSO MOTHERFUCKIN ME"

which he is entirely correct about.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51061 on: April 15, 2015, 07:18:00 pm »

I assume that's Gamzee's bad side.
As made quite obvious by LE's Vast Honk being all caps.

I wonder if the good half of Gamzee is going to be crucial to the further plot.
._.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51062 on: April 15, 2015, 07:20:09 pm »

Wait when did Gamzee go in to anything? I feel like I've overlooked something obvious.
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/ACT6ACT6.php?s=6&p=009342

That purple thing on the ground is a half of Gamzee.
Ah, looking back it must have happened during the fracas.

Wait so this means that the "Most important character in Homestuck" quote means that it's the same answer either way?
Oh Hussie this is such bullshit.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 07:22:26 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51063 on: April 15, 2015, 07:21:31 pm »

-DISREGARD DOUBLE POST-
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51064 on: April 15, 2015, 07:27:35 pm »

Wait so this means that the "Most important character in Homestuck" quote means that it's the same answer either way?
Oh Hussie this is such bullshit.

Ahahaha I love this comic!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #51065 on: April 15, 2015, 07:36:49 pm »

Gamzee isn't immortal, though. He's just an asshole who tends to be alive in the alpha timeline. His immortal is caused by the fact that he will become part of LE, if anything.

Of course, causality is usually cyclical in Homestuck.
Except, wasn't there only one Gamzee in the dream bubbles?  And I think Hussie explained that he never dies, even in doomed timelines.

One thing I'm still not following is why people are saying only half of Gamzee got sucked in.  Probably something obvious I overlooked.
He died in the retconned timeline. Of course, being retconned, it means he never died in the first place.

I wonder if the good half of Gamzee is going to be crucial to the further plot.
I doubt he has a good side, at least after he went murderous. Quieter side, maybe.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 07:38:36 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #51066 on: April 15, 2015, 07:42:32 pm »

« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 07:56:35 am by penguinofhonor »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51067 on: April 15, 2015, 07:56:33 pm »

Deep down he's a softie

which one

every part of lord english is a pretty hard dude

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #51068 on: April 15, 2015, 08:02:22 pm »

« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 07:56:42 am by penguinofhonor »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51069 on: April 15, 2015, 08:17:19 pm »

Gamzee's got a duality thing going on, *particularly* since going crazy.  His face was even the tragedy/comedy masks when he got cut in half (retconned away).  Pre-peak-sopor he was excessively passive (bard/comic), then he was briefly excessively angry (rage/tragedy).  Afterwards he was a deadly effective manipulator, using both smiles and intimidation for his ends.  A proper bard of rage.

I want to suggest that it's actually the creepily comic, bardic half in lil'Cal.  For one thing, the way Calsprite wouldn't stop laughing.  The way lil'Cal is creepy and amusing like sopor Gamzee, never violent like sobor Gamzee.

Yeah, LE uses all-caps.  Caliborn already does that.  Arquiusprite doesn't, so the Gamzee-half doesn't need to either.  Caliborn's the lord, he's in charge.

Caliborn has remarkable ability to boss people (well, puppets) around.  But LE is a master manipulator.  Much more a manipulator than a berserker.  I think his outbursts (which don't involve purple rage electricity, just the green electricity of green sun powers) are simply because he hates Calliope.  Whereas his manipulation powers are quite bardic.

Oh he also waves the wand like a conductor, not sure if that's reaching too far.  Just in case, let me reach far further:  Bard Quest, despite being around from the very beginning, has never actually ended.  Thus, LE's immortality comes from Gamzee's bardic half.

*drops puppet and walks off stage*
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51070 on: April 15, 2015, 08:23:34 pm »

I meant Gamzee, the part that isn't Lord English. The part that's a chill-ass stoner troll who loves his friends.

yes the chill-ass stoner dude who loves his friends and thus stabs them twice in the chest and throws them into lava smiling all the while

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51071 on: April 15, 2015, 08:27:28 pm »

Gamzee's got a duality thing going on, *particularly* since going crazy.  His face was even the tragedy/comedy masks when he got cut in half (retconned away).  Pre-peak-sopor he was excessively passive (bard/comic), then he was briefly excessively angry (rage/tragedy).  Afterwards he was a deadly effective manipulator, using both smiles and intimidation for his ends.  A proper bard of rage.

I want to suggest that it's actually the creepily comic, bardic half in lil'Cal.  For one thing, the way Calsprite wouldn't stop laughing.  The way lil'Cal is creepy and amusing like sopor Gamzee, never violent like sobor Gamzee.

Yeah, LE uses all-caps.  Caliborn already does that.  Arquiusprite doesn't, so the Gamzee-half doesn't need to either.  Caliborn's the lord, he's in charge.

Caliborn has remarkable ability to boss people (well, puppets) around.  But LE is a master manipulator.  Much more a manipulator than a berserker.  I think his outbursts (which don't involve purple rage electricity, just the green electricity of green sun powers) are simply because he hates Calliope.  Whereas his manipulation powers are quite bardic.

Oh he also waves the wand like a conductor, not sure if that's reaching too far.  Just in case, let me reach far further:  Bard Quest, despite being around from the very beginning, has never actually ended.  Thus, LE's immortality comes from Gamzee's bardic half.

*drops puppet and walks off stage*
Or it's because you can never kill a clown.
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51072 on: April 15, 2015, 08:38:02 pm »

I meant Gamzee, the part that isn't Lord English. The part that's a chill-ass stoner troll who loves his friends.
Personally, I got the exact opposite vibe. I got the feeling that what was revealed when he finally ran out was the "real" Gamzee, and the only thing that stopped him before was the constant, dulling properties of the sopor that he so readily consumed. In every mentioned doomed timeline relating to the trolls (bar one - Vriska's offshoot), it was always Gamzee who snapped, murdering every single one of his friends, even though he was far away from Caliborn's corrupting influence. I see a person who began to accidentally drug himself from a very young age, and then kept it up because he was never told not to. None of his friends ever saw firsthand just how terrifying he could be, trough his drugged-up haze, and before the game (and even after their session had ended-"3V3N G4MZ33!!! 1 M34N R34LLY VR1SK4, G4MZ33?!"), they either hadn't heard of it, or didn't believe it. Hell, I might be misremembering, but I think I remember Karkat telling Gamzee to stop eating it- but when Gamzee actually did, he was very quick to tell him to start again, and I think it was this moment that he was show just how terrifying Gamzee really is. Karkat was Gamzee's Moirail- he was closer to Gamzee than anyone else, and I think that action, telling the person that you're supposed to protect and support in a healthy way that they should reinstate an unhealthy habit that was very obviously fucking up their head, is telling of just how different the 'real' Gamzee was.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51073 on: April 15, 2015, 08:39:18 pm »

In [S]: GAME OVER, Gamzee's right side is is D: while his left side is :D.
It's not clear because of the claymation, but I think the half punted into Cal is the left side.
What that means I don't know, but I felt the need to point it out.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51074 on: April 15, 2015, 08:49:28 pm »

The part put into cal is the Do: part, since Lord English said HONK HONK when he erupted from Scratch (as opposed to honk honk)
Pages: 1 ... 3403 3404 [3405] 3406 3407 ... 3524