Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3400 3401 [3402] 3403 3404 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5142225 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #51015 on: April 14, 2015, 11:41:12 pm »

what the shit
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51016 on: April 14, 2015, 11:43:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51017 on: April 14, 2015, 11:52:44 pm »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #51018 on: April 15, 2015, 12:03:38 am »

I wonder how far back this was planned...
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #51019 on: April 15, 2015, 12:07:50 am »

« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 07:50:30 am by penguinofhonor »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #51020 on: April 15, 2015, 12:25:18 am »

Yogurtboner.

That is all.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51021 on: April 15, 2015, 03:18:14 am »

One of the theories about Heart was Dirk can control splinters of his personality. Auto-responder was a fragment of his personality, technically.

Also unless there's some serious sequence-breaking shenanigans here Roxy doesn't die to Jane's attack. Or they use the life ring on her, which means Callie can't use it. Or this all happens after the group takes on the Condesce, releasing Jade and Jane (freeing Jane to rez Roxy). Or this is all retconned later and never happens at all, except that it had to have happened once because it already happened. Maybe.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51022 on: April 15, 2015, 03:46:45 am »

One of the theories about Heart was Dirk can control splinters of his personality. Auto-responder was a fragment of his personality, technically.

Also unless there's some serious sequence-breaking shenanigans here Roxy doesn't die to Jane's attack. Or they use the life ring on her, which means Callie can't use it. Or this all happens after the group takes on the Condesce, releasing Jade and Jane (freeing Jane to rez Roxy). Or this is all retconned later and never happens at all, except that it had to have happened once because it already happened. Maybe.

There's a Roxy with John who also died in the alpha, remember?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51023 on: April 15, 2015, 04:34:31 am »

There's a Roxy with John who also died in the alpha, remember?

It never even occurred to me that doomed timeline refugee Roxy wasn't the same as stabbed to death Roxy.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #51024 on: April 15, 2015, 05:57:36 am »

I am speechless, I truly am.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #51025 on: April 15, 2015, 06:05:01 am »

So I think I sort of understand this.

In every scratched universe, there's Lord English and his agent which contains his soul. In the troll's universe, this was Doc Scratch. In the alpha kid's universe, this was Jack Noir. These agents have Lord English burst out of them, chestburster-style, when the universe dies. The real Lord English then proceeds to travel back and time and be a douche.

Now, the question is which Lord English is the one in the furthest ring? We never knew what happened to the incarnation of Lord English in the troll's universe. Nor have we seen that ultimately happens to the Lord English who is currently inside Jack Noir.

We also don't know if these Lord Englishes are separate beings, or if they're a single being which terminate themselves in every universe before being transferred i to the next.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #51026 on: April 15, 2015, 06:30:41 am »

« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 07:53:41 am by penguinofhonor »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #51027 on: April 15, 2015, 06:35:20 am »

While it's never stopped any of us before, I think we may be a few weeks out from knowing where and how what we just saw actually fits on various timelines.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #51028 on: April 15, 2015, 06:39:48 am »

Yeah, there's some retcon shenanigans going on here. On one hand John had created a stable retcon loop where they do back to whoop Caliborn's ass, but on the other hand we don't know what the heckies the trolls are up to. Also Gamzee got bisected and it doesn't make sense no matter if this is his past self or his future self. We also don't know how the retconning in the alpha universe affect Caliborn's universe, since I think it's safe to assume that John's retcon has caused something new to occur in the Paradox Space, but also his retcon has already happened.

My theory is that this was the first retcon which created Lord English. The retconning John will perform this time around will do something different because the previous retcon which created Lord English had changed the rules.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #51029 on: April 15, 2015, 06:40:29 am »

« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 07:53:45 am by penguinofhonor »
Pages: 1 ... 3400 3401 [3402] 3403 3404 ... 3524