Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3398 3399 [3400] 3401 3402 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5142299 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #50985 on: April 13, 2015, 06:13:33 pm »

Wow, uh
I think this sums up my reaction:
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004719

I'm not even sure why but I actually feel kinda pissed off about this

I guess I was hoping for more sweet troll character development, or kid development I guess, and instead there's like

Basically I don't care about Caliborn, I just want to see all the interesting character interact even more.  I know it has to end sometime, but at this point I don't think I care about the end anymore.  And the new art makes me feel a little sick.

I shouldn't complain though, there's plenty of fanfiction out there catering to exactly what I want (character interaction).  Maybe I'm just disappointed by the lack of cool flash (which is probably coming soon anyway).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50986 on: April 13, 2015, 06:14:48 pm »

Colors and Mayhem isn't meta crap, it was mentioned in-comic way before it was an album.

Caliborn isn't being self-deprecating and everything you see is... actually completely outside the realm of what Hussie has done, so I don't see any self-deprecating at all?

hasn't Homestuck been a good chunk intentionally inane bs since the beginning? Especially Acts 1-5(1).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 06:17:41 pm by Putnam »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #50987 on: April 13, 2015, 06:16:09 pm »

Wow, uh
I think this sums up my reaction:
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004719

I'm not even sure why but I actually feel kinda pissed off about this

I guess I was hoping for more sweet troll character development, or kid development I guess, and instead there's like

Basically I don't care about Caliborn, I just want to see all the interesting character interact even more.  I know it has to end sometime, but at this point I don't think I care about the end anymore.  And the new art makes me feel a little sick.

I shouldn't complain though, there's plenty of fanfiction out there catering to exactly what I want (character interaction).  Maybe I'm just disappointed by the lack of cool flash (which is probably coming soon anyway).
We're unlikely to see any more caliborn art until the end, though. That was his masterpiece, after all, and implies it is his last work of art.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50988 on: April 13, 2015, 06:23:48 pm »

Have a video. It's on the house. Or the tubes.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50989 on: April 13, 2015, 06:39:29 pm »

Have a video. It's on the house. Or the tubes.
Well I feel a lot better now.   :D

I guess I just got frustrated at having to figure out stuff.  Particularly with Paradox Space with all its comfortably clear references.

Colors and Mayhem isn't meta crap, it was mentioned in-comic way before it was an album.

Caliborn isn't being self-deprecating and everything you see is... actually completely outside the realm of what Hussie has done, so I don't see any self-deprecating at all?

hasn't Homestuck been a good chunk intentionally inane bs since the beginning? Especially Acts 1-5(1).
Whenever Caliborn talks about his art, I feel like it may as well be recap-Hussie addressing the audience through a sock puppet.  Like talking about how witty obscure references are, in a self-deprecating way.  Or the way Caliborn directly criticizes Hussie and the narrative in their talks.  Homestuck's been meta as fuck for years now.

But yeah, I was just frustrated at having to think hard to understand anything.  Doesn't help that I just watched an MLP episode.  I'll get used to this again.

That Skaia reference is still super obscure and pretty stupid though.  But I guess that is half the fun, collaborating to collate obscure references that barely make sense.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50990 on: April 13, 2015, 06:43:33 pm »

I don't need to collate or collaborate much anything, I got this all in my head.

Also, I called Land of Colors and Mayhem a few months ago and I could have sworn I posted it here but apparently I didn't. Dammit.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #50991 on: April 13, 2015, 08:43:52 pm »

Oh god, all these months...
I almost forgot what this human emotion called Homestuck feels like.
Homestuck isn't an emotion, numbnuts.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50992 on: April 13, 2015, 11:01:28 pm »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50993 on: April 13, 2015, 11:08:43 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50994 on: April 13, 2015, 11:14:21 pm »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50995 on: April 13, 2015, 11:17:13 pm »

OH THEY HOMESTUCK NOW

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50996 on: April 13, 2015, 11:21:02 pm »

I take it all back, I like the new updates.  I must have been ill for other reasons earlier.  Sorry!
Hehe, "Yolobroth".
She/they

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #50997 on: April 13, 2015, 11:52:12 pm »

so hussie is basically just saying "hahaha alright this shit i've done before was just a fucking warmup" and now he's sheathing his metaphorical dick firmly in my brain because I really didn't see this coming

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #50998 on: April 14, 2015, 01:14:50 am »

Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #50999 on: April 14, 2015, 01:26:20 am »

why do the sounds default to muted the weird slurping whacking sounds are the best part
Pages: 1 ... 3398 3399 [3400] 3401 3402 ... 3524