Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3357 3358 [3359] 3360 3361 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5142640 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #50370 on: December 03, 2014, 12:36:54 am »

Doomed timelines aren't defined by time players. Terezi causing John's death caused one and another was caused by Terezi not killing Vriska when she had the chance. Neither one involved a time player in their creation at all. In fact, it would be easier to say that it's caused by mind players.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #50371 on: December 03, 2014, 12:39:15 am »

I'm not sure I understand.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50372 on: December 03, 2014, 12:40:31 am »

I forgot about those particular examples. I suppose it would be more accurate to say that all doomed timelines are separated from the alpha timeline by someone with knowledge FROM the doomed timeline, whether they be Dave or another Time player, Terezi or maybe Rose using Seer powers, John with his new powers and apparently even the Denizens themselves.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50373 on: December 03, 2014, 12:43:54 am »

I forgot about those particular examples. I suppose it would be more accurate to say that all doomed timelines are separated from the alpha timeline by someone with knowledge FROM the doomed timeline, whether they be Dave or another Time player, Terezi or maybe Rose using Seer powers, John with his new powers and apparently even the Denizens themselves.

Those are the only examples of doomed timelines we've ever actually seen.........

Besides that, there are WAY too many doomed trolls floating around for just that to be the case. Maybe it's due to the recklessness of Aradia and the maliciousness of Damara, but maybe there are more ways to make a doomed timeline.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #50374 on: December 03, 2014, 12:46:57 am »

Perhaps simple chance is sufficient? We know a bunch of doomed Aradias were the result of Karkat's husktop not exploding, and Aradia wasn't responsible for that.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50375 on: December 03, 2014, 12:49:46 am »

Maybe it's more about choice than chance. You may notice that Terezi has been involved with every doomed timeline of significance we've ever seen. The Seer of Mind has some choicey business going on.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50376 on: December 03, 2014, 12:55:10 am »

Those are the only examples of doomed timelines we've ever actually seen.........

Besides that, there are WAY too many doomed trolls floating around for just that to be the case. Maybe it's due to the recklessness of Aradia and the maliciousness of Damara, but maybe there are more ways to make a doomed timeline.

Pretty sure all the doomed trolls from the Alternian troll timeline was because the Aradiabots, acting on instructions from the cross-timeline bulletin board, intentionally sabotaged a thousand timelines so they'd have the numbers to counteract the Black King's psychic powers in ONE of them. Kingmaking, as it were. And the main reason that the Beta kid had relatively few doomed timelines was because Dave was REALLY careful with his time loops. We know literally nothing about the Beforan timeline, but keep in mind that, after the first dead Dave, Dave was ridiculously careful about keeping his time loops stable and following the alpha timeline. He might be the exception, rather then the rule.

Perhaps simple chance is sufficient? We know a bunch of doomed Aradias were the result of Karkat's husktop not exploding, and Aradia wasn't responsible for that.

Karkat's husktop not exploding WAS choice, since, in that case, he didn't choose to run Sollux's virus. And that whole thing was weird, since if it HAD exploded and a doomed Aradiabot hadn't intervened, Doc Scratch wouldn't have been made since Gamzee wrote part of his genetic code during that doomed timeline.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50377 on: December 03, 2014, 01:25:23 am »

I've just realized (from the last page of potato) what this place the John and Roxy are in reminds me of.

Hyperbolic Time Chamber.
._.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50378 on: December 03, 2014, 02:01:35 am »

Is it just me, or is the update getting put on the website slightly earlier every night? I think it's ~3 minutes or so. Could this be significant?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 02:13:02 am by Elephant Parade »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #50379 on: December 03, 2014, 02:22:02 am »

It could be if the site automates updates like webcomics with buffers do. Does anyone have minute-precision records? I'm fairly sure they appeared 00:40 or so EDT for a few days on and after 10/25.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50380 on: December 03, 2014, 02:57:34 am »

I've just realized (from the last page of potato) what this place the John and Roxy are in reminds me of.

Hyperbolic Time Chamber.
That was exactly what I thought of when I saw that page.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50381 on: December 03, 2014, 05:08:52 am »

I am dissapointed that these pages don't have a transparent background.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50382 on: December 03, 2014, 06:40:57 am »

Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50383 on: December 03, 2014, 09:47:30 am »

Here's a thought.  John and Roxy both stated that they were pretty much given the choice of feeling the loss and fading, or having their friends feel the loss.  The Jade with Calliope is assumed to be from the Alpha timeline.  She said that John died from his denezin destroying the planet in that timeline.  I bet the choice is implied that they aren't doomed, but that by accepting it, they replaced their original alpha counterparts to become the John and Roxy of the alpha timeline instead.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50384 on: December 03, 2014, 12:36:18 pm »

John had best get macking on Dave's mom or I am going to be so disappointed.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 3357 3358 [3359] 3360 3361 ... 3524