Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3348 3349 [3350] 3351 3352 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5142088 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #50235 on: November 19, 2014, 11:56:51 am »

I wonder why did she need the code phrase, though. Maybe it's like, a Google search and she was looking for instances of that phrase in the decision-space?
I imagine it's kind of like a beacon. So she's looking for times when the phrase comes up in John's mind in the future as a target to focus on.

and that it's the most fortunate outcome.
Wrong seer.
Okay. Fortunate => Most beneficial for the intended purpose.

Effectively the same.
No, how it works is Terezi takes a choice and can see what the results will be, while Rose can see the best outcome and what needs to be done to get there. They work from opposite ends.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 11:58:29 am by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50236 on: November 19, 2014, 12:01:14 pm »

I wonder why did she need the code phrase, though. Maybe it's like, a Google search and she was looking for instances of that phrase in the decision-space?
I imagine it's kind of like a beacon. So she's looking for times when the phrase comes up in John's mind in the future as a target to focus on.

and that it's the most fortunate outcome.
Wrong seer.
Okay. Fortunate => Most beneficial for the intended purpose.

Effectively the same.
No, how it works is Terezi takes a choice and can see what the results will be, while Rose can see the best outcome and what needs to be done to get there. They work from opposite ends.
I thought she can simply see the result of choices made by people (not only hers)? After all, that's how she killed Dave.
._.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50237 on: November 19, 2014, 12:02:51 pm »

I thought she can simply see the result of choices made by people (not only hers)? After all, that's how she killed Dave.
That's what I meant by takes. Bluh, vague language use.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #50238 on: November 19, 2014, 12:53:23 pm »

Theorycrafting

I think being a Seer means that you have an intimate understanding of the nature of your particular Aspect. A theoretical Seer of Time for instance might be able to see different realities in a blink of an eye due to that "intimate understanding" of timelines and how Time is manipulated during a session.

In regards to Light versus Mind; Light has a lot to deal with luck and outcomes as evidenced by Vriska, Arenea, and to some extent, Rose. In Rose's case as a Sage, she seems to be able to see the best path forward for a large group of people.

Contrasting, a Seer of the Mind sees all of the paths forward for an individual due to their actions, even if they aren't the best paths to be taken. She sees what's going to happen right then and there. Her vision is limited it seems by having to be near the individual she's using her powers on, but it seems to be a rather interesting one.

Neither Rose nor Terezi seem to be infallible in their ability to see outcomes though.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50239 on: November 19, 2014, 01:09:47 pm »

You're thinking of the wrong terezi, dudes.

She's setting this up so her past self can see her current future self.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50240 on: November 19, 2014, 02:00:17 pm »

I'd say that Seer of Time would basically work like Trollian's view port. Doomed timelines would be a job for a Seer of Doom, non-existing paths - for a Seer of Void, and so on.
._.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50241 on: November 19, 2014, 02:48:02 pm »

I think that Terezi's Seer powers might not have worked on John not because she's out of practice, but rather that John fundamentally no longer works with Seer powers, because he can change events that already have and will happen, exempt from the game's rules. This means that Seer powers, based on seeing the future, can't predict what he will do, because by the game's logic, he can't do what he does, and the paths that actually will happen can't be shown because the game doesn't recognize them.

Wow, I am horrible at explaining myself.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #50242 on: November 19, 2014, 04:53:08 pm »

Well, Terezi can see choices. (I don't remember if she can see what the person in question will choose or "only" every possible outcome of the choice) John is off to do The Choice.

Her not seeing anything is pretty absolutely unlikely. Her seeing something she doesn't want to tell John is likely. Her seeing something she doesn't understand/misunderstands, is possible.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50243 on: November 19, 2014, 06:05:45 pm »

Point. Still wondering about the smoke drifting from her head, though. Probably nothing, but still. Something weird is going on.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50244 on: November 19, 2014, 06:25:11 pm »

Point. Still wondering about the smoke drifting from her head, though. Probably nothing, but still. Something weird is going on.
She used so much power she burned out her mind to nil, probably. A la sollux.
._.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50245 on: November 19, 2014, 11:15:50 pm »

No, I think XXXXYYYY's theory has merit. The WEAPON has sort of put John outside the game in a very real sense, so trying to figure out what he can do would probably be impossible in the constraints of the game (i.e. mind powers). Though as her other option was Roxy, a Void player, she doesn't have much opportunity to make proper use of her powers in this moment. Maybe an alternate Terezi will have better luck with someone who is unstuck in reality/not Roxy.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50246 on: November 20, 2014, 01:09:21 pm »

I've a question: how can troll's psychic abilities affect stuff through Trollian's viewport?
._.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50247 on: November 20, 2014, 02:59:49 pm »

Ever read any of the stuff relating to energy work and astral projection and all that stuff?

Similar to that I assume.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50248 on: November 20, 2014, 03:02:44 pm »

I've a question: how can troll's psychic abilities affect stuff through Trollian's viewport?
Magic.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50249 on: November 20, 2014, 03:06:28 pm »

They work via line of sight and have a GM that counts seeing a 'live' image as satisfying that criteria?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 3348 3349 [3350] 3351 3352 ... 3524