Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3340 3341 [3342] 3343 3344 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5141648 times)

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #50115 on: November 07, 2014, 11:17:21 pm »

I had always wondered why people didn't try decapitation to end stab-sponge trolls. Kanaya then took it to 11 and downed the clown in a manner that is simultaneously more and less effective than decapitation. The only reason that people doubt the clown being down is because of that statement by in-comic Hussie about the bastard never-dieing-in-any-universe-ever. Personally, I'm in the camp of, "The clown is fucking dead," but it would be interesting if he came back.

On the subject of weird-ass Homestuck-style stuff, it would not be completely out of the Homestuck-ordinary for Dave and Jade to resurrect as the Knitch of Spime. Alternatively known as the Wight of Spacetime.

Completely unrelated to everything, I found this old song. It's a genre of music I normally don't like, but it's really weird and works well.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 11:21:50 pm by Mageziya »
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #50116 on: November 07, 2014, 11:26:39 pm »

Yeah, Hussie in-universe couldn't be aware of this timeline because he's dead in this timeline.
Therefore, he couldn't be aware of if the clown were down.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50117 on: November 08, 2014, 12:38:17 am »

Yeah, Hussie in-universe couldn't be aware of this timeline because he's dead in this timeline.
Therefore, he couldn't be aware of if the clown were down.

He could be unaware of the timeline, since Caliborn dumped glitter everywhere and glitched it up, but there's no reason to assume that the author insert character in a story involving copious amounts of time travel and time-warping/time-irrelevant space would be unaware of the future of a timeline merely because he's dead in it.

Hell, besides the 'Gamzee doesn't die' thing, he also tells Caliborn that Caliborn has killed/will kill him, which hadn't happened to either of them at that point in their personal timelines. Hussie-avatar clearly knows about future events.

Also, Ghost Hussie is still running around, IIRC.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50118 on: November 08, 2014, 06:06:05 am »

I thought the Hussie talking to Caliborn was the one already killed.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #50119 on: November 08, 2014, 07:46:39 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50120 on: November 08, 2014, 08:41:15 am »

That's just how John deals with shit.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50121 on: November 08, 2014, 09:03:57 am »

I don't think he's been able to comprehend what happened just yet.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50122 on: November 08, 2014, 09:09:31 am »

Or maybe he's just that jaded already. I mean, he's already been killed himself, seen his father die, and then had to snog his friend's corpse.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50123 on: November 08, 2014, 09:12:12 am »

Or maybe he's mentally preparing to go even further beyond the normal limits of the Super Saiya... the God Tier.
._.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #50124 on: November 08, 2014, 09:52:58 am »

There's one conversation between Jake and Dirk over post-scratch Jade and John. I can't remember the location in the story, but images of it are circulating around:

Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #50125 on: November 08, 2014, 09:56:05 am »

It's here, if anyone cares.

I guess that makes sense. John has historically been pretty philosophical about things going wrong, too.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #50126 on: November 08, 2014, 03:18:59 pm »

There's been a massive news post. Haven't read it yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50127 on: November 08, 2014, 03:25:08 pm »

It seems the amount of sad fanfic stories was the reason behind the current slaughterhouse.
._.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50128 on: November 08, 2014, 03:45:34 pm »

I

I am beginning to lose faith that this is a doomed timeline.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50129 on: November 08, 2014, 03:49:25 pm »

I'm sure it's not a failed timeline. Rather, it's a way to transfer excess people to the Furthest Ring to aid the Calliope in her search.

You know, the one that includes the uber-powerful version of Calliope with ultimate team-mate buffing abilities of space?
._.
Pages: 1 ... 3340 3341 [3342] 3343 3344 ... 3524