Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3274 3275 [3276] 3277 3278 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5122303 times)

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #49125 on: January 03, 2014, 03:43:06 am »

Involves Trolls, but no SBURB
I try to wrap my mind around that. I mean, we all knew it wasn't going to be SBURB: The Game, but not even involving the central element of the Homestuck multiverse? Well, that means it must take place on a much smaller scale, inside a single universe, I reckon. The Troll one, probably, if the promised trolls aren't a trap? On Alternia?

Post-ending world that the kids and trolls create together after destroying sburb and ending the stranglehold it has on paradox space, I'd imagine.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49126 on: January 03, 2014, 03:49:01 am »

Cute, bu isn't homestuck doing its final act? Is this not the beginning of the end?
Is Hussie really planning to fit flashlight girl in? Really? Is it actually needed? Do we not already have a quirky free spirit Mary Sue for fan boys to become emotionally attached to..? Or did the ears actually do that much harm...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49127 on: January 03, 2014, 04:06:28 am »

...Huh? That design is for the game. She will almost certainly not show up in Homestuck.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49128 on: January 03, 2014, 04:07:34 am »

There is a game?
What the hell happened to you Homestuck? You have become the very thing you used to make fun of!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49129 on: January 03, 2014, 04:11:07 am »

...how did you miss the entire Kickstarter?

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #49130 on: January 03, 2014, 07:02:40 am »

Darkness lies under the mountains, the heat and the screaming of machinery silenced. Only a single, blinking light shakes in the eternal night's vicegrip, a memory of red.
Centuries pass.
A mutated little spider, hungry and desperate for prey, connects two wires with an intricate cobweb. The light stops blinking. Something like a chorus of steel teeth digging into iron throats becomes louder once again in the dying darkness. In the shine of distant nuclear fires, Max White's sarkophagus rises from oblivion the first time in a thousand generations. Hissing hydraulics pump gallon after gallon of salt solution into it, followed by a thick, reddish brown fluid. One of the tubes tears and the whole complex fills with the scent of gingerbread.
The chains around the sarkophagus break, one by one, seven bangs on the doors of this feeble world. All seals are opened. All eyes are dry.
The sarkophagus opens not with a scream, but with a whimper. It is over. It begins.
Max White steps out of his torn-open resting-place and lo, he speaks:
There is a game?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #49131 on: January 03, 2014, 07:07:37 am »

Darkness lies under the mountains, the heat and the screaming of machinery silenced. Only a single, blinking light shakes in the eternal night's vicegrip, a memory of red.
Centuries pass.
A mutated little spider, hungry and desperate for prey, connects two wires with an intricate cobweb. The light stops blinking. Something like a chorus of steel teeth digging into iron throats becomes louder once again in the dying darkness. In the shine of distant nuclear fires, Max White's sarkophagus rises from oblivion the first time in a thousand generations. Hissing hydraulics pump gallon after gallon of salt solution into it, followed by a thick, reddish brown fluid. One of the tubes tears and the whole complex fills with the scent of gingerbread.
The chains around the sarkophagus break, one by one, seven bangs on the doors of this feeble world. All seals are opened. All eyes are dry.
The sarkophagus opens not with a scream, but with a whimper. It is over. It begins.
Max White steps out of his torn-open resting-place and lo, he speaks:
There is a game?
Damn, Hussie should hire you.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49132 on: January 03, 2014, 07:09:39 am »

Actually if you replace "There is a game?" with "There is a game." that would be the greatest blurb to a cyber punk novel ever known.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49133 on: January 04, 2014, 02:57:13 pm »

Involves Trolls, but no SBURB
I try to wrap my mind around that. I mean, we all knew it wasn't going to be SBURB: The Game, but not even involving the central element of the Homestuck multiverse? Well, that means it must take place on a much smaller scale, inside a single universe, I reckon. The Troll one, probably, if the promised trolls aren't a trap? On Alternia?

Post-ending world that the kids and trolls create together after destroying sburb and ending the stranglehold it has on paradox space, I'd imagine.

That would... be kind of a bad thing to do. Unless you're a horrorterror of course. Isn't the point of sburb that it's how universes reproduce?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the ending to Homestuck resulted in a complete failure to make a new universe. The cherub megasession that started the whole thing and encapsulates the Troll and Human sessions ends in failure because they beat Lord English, the only valid player, thus resulting in an infertile frog. Their universe is destined to die without reproducing, but hey, they've still got a few billion years to expand and explore before this frog bites it.

(Or, alternately, the troll and human frogs (and, frankly, the entire cast at some point or another) died because the entire plot of Homestuck so far is a doomed timeline. Our protagonists exist only as a means to convince Caliborn to go back in time and enable the non-doomed timeline, (possibly by not killing Calliope) as foreshadowed way back with soon-to-be Davesprite enabling the canon kids timeline.)

Or something. I admit, I might be taking the 'Hussie is gonna troll us' thing a bit far. Might.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49134 on: January 04, 2014, 03:01:26 pm »

Or something. I admit, I might be taking the 'Hussie is gonna troll us' thing a bit far. Might.

Maybe.  Either way, I'm going to be hedging my bets on some theories I read on tumblr by bladekindeyewear.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49135 on: January 04, 2014, 08:23:39 pm »

I choose not to speculate, because I'll be disappointed either way.
If I guess wrong, I'll be disappointed because I was wrong.
If I guess right, I'll be disappointed because Hussie didn't surprise me.

Meansdarling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49136 on: January 21, 2014, 12:22:04 am »

So, I played some Namco High.

Beat it with Galaga, and Meoki. Wanted to do Davesprite, but you have to pay for the good/popular ones.

Beat it with Main Character all by himself too, which is possibly the best ending.

Mostly boring, but cute and inoffensive.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49137 on: January 21, 2014, 12:45:41 am »

I'm not sure what ending could be better than the loner one, really.  I made it my desktop for a while.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49138 on: January 21, 2014, 12:18:44 pm »

I played like 2 routes and then stopped bothering. I was expecting more choices than who are you gonna hang out with.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #49139 on: January 26, 2014, 08:18:00 am »

Update
Of the News Section
Pages: 1 ... 3274 3275 [3276] 3277 3278 ... 3524