Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3217 3218 [3219] 3220 3221 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5115378 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #48270 on: September 08, 2013, 03:50:00 pm »

I just noticed that Remuthra is my hat.
I told you I was stealing other posters' hats.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48271 on: September 08, 2013, 03:50:46 pm »

Just hats or headgear in general?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48272 on: September 08, 2013, 03:54:44 pm »

Just hats or headgear in general?
Depends on my mood.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48273 on: September 08, 2013, 04:17:47 pm »

There's a theme here I'm not understand yet.  I'm sure it'll be explained eventually by the comic, but it seems to be: Hope = Deadly, impossibly bright flying snake angels.  (Datapoints: Eridan's land, Jake's whatever, and possibly Trickster Mode/Cherubs in general).

It's like Hussie is attributing a sinister, alien aspect to hope.  Possibly an ironic twist on all the adventure games where the heroes stand up to perfectly rational villains who have reasonable plans, and the heroes use hope as a justification (and more than often, deus ex machina).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #48274 on: September 08, 2013, 05:25:12 pm »

May have something to do with Lady English, who is also supposedly probably an adult cherub.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #48275 on: September 08, 2013, 05:33:28 pm »

I think it's just that angels exist, but not how people think they do. They're a memory of some sort from Sburb. It's similar to astrological signs being the trolls' symbols, or Squiddles being Derse Cthulhu monsters.

And maybe if Sburb's angels aren't how we think angels are, Sburb's version of hope doesn't line up with humans' definition either.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #48276 on: September 08, 2013, 08:51:25 pm »

I guess that angels and cherubs are different species.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48277 on: September 08, 2013, 10:59:30 pm »

I think it's just that angels exist, but not how people think they do. They're a memory of some sort from Sburb. It's similar to astrological signs being the trolls' symbols, or Squiddles being Derse Cthulhu monsters.

And maybe if Sburb's angels aren't how we think angels are, Sburb's version of hope doesn't line up with humans' definition either.

This makes a lot of sense.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #48278 on: September 08, 2013, 11:54:28 pm »

I guess that angels and cherubs are different species.
On the other hand, angels look like winged snakes. Cherubs grow wings in adulthood and are snakes during sexytimes. Plus the non-Homestuck meanings of the words.

They're probably related somehow.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #48279 on: September 09, 2013, 12:06:31 am »

... you know, that leads me towards horrible speculation that the angels are the obvious part of cherubric reproduction.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48280 on: September 09, 2013, 12:18:55 am »

To the original Greek audience, the story of Pandora's box made perfect sense.  Hope is, after all, the greatest evil of mankind.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #48281 on: September 09, 2013, 12:21:56 am »

Okay, here's a not very well thought-out speculation

Okay, in Light (heheh) of the recent update, I have been thinking for a while (but I'm too busy to join into the discussion with theorizers like bladekindEyewears) about an idea.

Aranea is likely going to die. Again. There are both narrative and in-universe significance that would cause her death. She will either die a Just death, or a Heroic death. Or both.

First, I believe that a Just death does not necessary mean that God Tier did something horrible. I believe that the Just and Heroic scale is the two aspects of the same concept. A God Tier will die a Just death when they are in conflict with the Alpha timeline, or when their death will facilitate the continuation of the Alpha timeline. On the other hand, a God Tier will die a Heroic death when they have accomplished their purpose in facilitating the Alpha timeline. That is to say, they have outlived their purpose.

Seeing that the Ring(s) bear a parallel to the One Ring from LoTR, I would believe that it shares the same properties: it serve its Creator, not its Bearer. As the One Ring to Rule Them All serves Sauron, the Void/Life Ring serves the Alpha timeline. For it to allow itself to come into Aranea's hands would mean that she had earned a "Just/Heroic Undeath". Yes, you read me right, she simultaneously earned a Just and heroic Undeath at once. She had outdied her purpose in the Furthest Ring, giving out all the exposition that she knew. Her presence in the Alpha Session would help to perpetuate the Alpha timeline.

And now, to her death. She had just overembraced her Role, and forced healing onto Jake, and basically pretty much jumped off the slippery slope. (This explains it best) So that means she had fulfilled the assumed requisite for a Just death. Her continued presence in the Alpha timeline would cause a Doomed timeline, as Meenah had stated before getting ignored by Aranea. For a Heroic death, she had also did what she had came here for as well, namely turning Jake into an overembraced Page and helped Roxy escape. If she dies, she will die a both Just and Heroic death.

And come to the narrative significance, this is a Death by Irony turned up to Eleven. Aranea came back to life both Just/Heroic, and is going to die both Just/Heroic. In her attempt to derail the Alpha timeline she had unwittingly perpetuated it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48282 on: September 09, 2013, 12:50:30 am »

Jake is being so, oh I dunno...

(stereotypically) English?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #48283 on: September 09, 2013, 12:56:03 am »

The way Jake is drawn here reminds me of Mother 3.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #48284 on: September 09, 2013, 01:39:32 am »

Oh. good. He didn't turn into Lord English.

I kind of expected him to outright turn into Lord English.

Pages: 1 ... 3217 3218 [3219] 3220 3221 ... 3524