Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5122940 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: How I Learned to Stop Complaining and Love the Trolls
« Reply #4755 on: August 04, 2010, 11:26:56 pm »

Um, Andrew? Servers can't move objects if they move the player in the process. Remember?
It's an older version of Skaia. Perhaps the game updated itself to remove that exploit.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: August 04, 2010, 11:33:14 pm »

Perhaps this is the reason the ability was removed. Sollux, wake up and get in here already and patch this.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: August 05, 2010, 12:01:28 am »

Wow, what a bitch.  I've actually lost any sympathy whatsoever for Vriska.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: August 05, 2010, 12:04:35 am »

Vriska is yeah, but hey, she's fun to hate. I have to admit, Andrew is very good at characterizing characters.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: August 05, 2010, 12:32:35 am »

Vriska is yeah, but hey, she's fun to hate. I have to admit, Andrew is very good at characterizing characters.

Agreed--I'm just kind of shocked, because she's making me angrier than almost any other fictional character has managed.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: August 05, 2010, 12:46:18 am »

Agreed--I'm just kind of shocked, because she's making me angrier than almost any other fictional character has managed.
Yeah, there are only two or three villains I can think of that are worse than her. This update is pretty much Kick The Dog incarnate.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: August 05, 2010, 01:29:19 am »

Maybe it's the whole FLARP thing with the lance, maybe it's the windmill motiff... but for some reason, I'm starting to get a Don Quixote vibe from Tavros. Also, I'm pretty sure Vriska will get hers in due time... she's basically the troll's troll, with a twist of histrionics and sociopathy.

P.S. The Black Queen's dislike of Frogs has apparently been longer established than I'd noticed. I wonder if there was some sort of amphibious precursor race, or if the ruins just hold some key to "winning" the game, at the expense of the warring kingdoms? Here's hoping we get to see what the ruins are all about soon.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: August 05, 2010, 03:46:47 am »

HUGE BITCH BLUH BLUH

Huh, Tavros actually refuses to apologise to Vriska for being a cripple. Maybe Vriska's technique for forcing him to stand up for himself is working, whether or not she is actually trying to do that.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: August 05, 2010, 03:52:13 am »

HUGE BITCH BLUH BLUH

Huh, Tavros actually refuses to apologise to Vriska for being a cripple. Maybe Vriska's technique for forcing him to stand up for himself is working, whether or not she is actually trying to do that.
I'm betting Hussie was planning on this wording being used.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: August 05, 2010, 04:07:59 am »

By the way, I'm sure there was fan art of Tavros' house being built of nothing but stairs like weeks ago, but no one on the fan art thread is digging it up for me. They're all "oooooh, I request a picture of Vriska being mutilated even more", as if there was some other scenario that could have take place when she was made Tavros' server player. >:(

Wait, let me count out eight of these things >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: August 05, 2010, 04:12:22 am »

Yes, it was incredibly obvious, even before Vriska was actually declared his server.  It was just too good a goldmine to pass up, and I'm sure Hussie had it planned from wherever this all began.

I'm betting Hussie was planning on this wording being used.

It's going to be incredibly sad if an upcoming command is "AT: Stand up for yourself." and he then falls on his face.  It will be very very sad.  At least he's trying.

Also, yeah.  I'm genuinely wondering exactly what's going on in Vriska's head.  Does she genuinely think she's being put upon as Tavros' server because he's crippled, and that she's responsible for that doesn't enter the equation?  Or is she really just that huge a bitch to throw around statements like that to watch Tavros squirm?  Laughing at him as she rolls his chair around and building the stairs in that ridiculous pattern suggests to me the later.

Of course, there's also Karkat's romcom explanation that she's being a huge bitch to Tavros in particular because she actually loves/pities him and doesn't know another way to show it.  I'm not ready to put any stock in that one.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: August 05, 2010, 04:21:42 am »

I guess Tavros wil combine the wheelchair and some sort of legged thing to help him. Result? Awesome. Tavros? Dragging himself across the mud. Vriska? BLUH BLUH HUGE BITCH
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: August 05, 2010, 04:31:03 am »

I guess Tavros wil combine the wheelchair and some sort of legged thing to help him. Result? Awesome. Tavros? Dragging himself across the mud. Vriska? BLUH BLUH HUGE BITCH

How? Does he not need to climb up to combine things?

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: August 05, 2010, 04:44:12 am »

It's only a ramp. Well, it's that or he rides that horse thing.

> RIDE THE HORSEY
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: August 05, 2010, 05:03:38 am »

Of course, there's also Karkat's romcom explanation that she's being a huge bitch to Tavros in particular because she actually loves/pities him and doesn't know another way to show it.  I'm not ready to put any stock in that one.
No, no. Pity is the driving emotion behind moiralliance and mating lust. Vriska hates Tavros from the bottom of her black soul, and would like nothing more than Tavros to hate her back, so that they could be archenemies. Alas, Tavros seems to be more or less incapable of feeling hate, meaning that they will never have a proper kismesissitude, or whatever that word was. I think it's supposed to be something like this.
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 3524