Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3035 3036 [3037] 3038 3039 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5142138 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #45540 on: February 28, 2013, 05:06:10 pm »

I used to think that LE couldn't be Caliborn, it was just too obvious and there wasn't any explicit in-comic connection, but then the evidence started piling up and the characters started refering to them as the same, so now I'm convinced.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #45541 on: February 28, 2013, 05:08:43 pm »

I used to think that LE couldn't be Caliborn, it was just too obvious and there wasn't any explicit in-comic connection, but then the evidence started piling up and the characters started refering to them as the same, so now I'm convinced.

I'd like to note that Caliborn himself claims to be the master of red herrings. Unless that claim was a red herring itself. Hm...
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45542 on: February 28, 2013, 05:10:12 pm »

I'd like to note that Caliborn himself claims to be the master of red herrings. Unless that claim was a red herring itself. Hm...
That's exactly what I thought!
But now I don't.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45543 on: February 28, 2013, 05:22:04 pm »

Yeah, I'm reminded of the chess game between Calliope and Caliborn, and how he disguised the king and queen as each other.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #45544 on: February 28, 2013, 05:48:17 pm »

While I mostly just enjoy the ride and don't overthink the plot, I must agree with the LE isn't caliborn in the flesh theory.
I don't see how or why caliborn would get the cueball eyes, whereas we've already seen that they signify his mind controle powers. What I would like to know  then though is who or what was LE before he got mind controlled, if he wasn"t at one point. If there are multiple instances of LE spawning from scratch clearly he was somehow planted there, likely on purpose. By whom and for what purpose then.

Why would the Condesce have the Taurus/Scorpio mind control symbols on her here if she was the one doing the mind controlling? Clearly that shows someone else is mind controlling her.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45545 on: February 28, 2013, 06:03:51 pm »

While I mostly just enjoy the ride and don't overthink the plot, I must agree with the LE isn't caliborn in the flesh theory.
I don't see how or why caliborn would get the cueball eyes, whereas we've already seen that they signify his mind controle powers. What I would like to know  then though is who or what was LE before he got mind controlled, if he wasn"t at one point. If there are multiple instances of LE spawning from scratch clearly he was somehow planted there, likely on purpose. By whom and for what purpose then.

Why would the Condesce have the Taurus/Scorpio mind control symbols on her here if she was the one doing the mind controlling? Clearly that shows someone else is mind controlling her.
Because mind control powers are represented that way; some of the time. Like in Make Her Pay.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 06:10:58 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #45546 on: February 28, 2013, 06:06:27 pm »

because it usually represents people using mind control powers that way...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45547 on: February 28, 2013, 06:07:28 pm »

And because it's implied that she hijacked those powers.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #45548 on: February 28, 2013, 07:54:19 pm »

I know, I was sarcastically responding to the "why does LE have LE mind control eyes unless he's being mind controlled". It could be that he's the source of it, therefore he and anyone he's controlling has the eyes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #45549 on: February 28, 2013, 08:13:50 pm »

I know, I was sarcastically responding to the "why does LE have LE mind control eyes unless he's being mind controlled". It could be that he's the source of it, therefore he and anyone he's controlling has the eyes.
Caliborn didn't have the LE eyes when controlling Jack, however. Also, it was shown that Jack stabbed out his own eyes and placed the pool balls in the sockets.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45550 on: February 28, 2013, 08:15:38 pm »

I know that the eye stabbing was in some way related to something that happened before.
I have seen it. I remember the absurdity of something or other with knives in their eyes; and it was Homestuck related. Unfortunately I can't remember what.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #45551 on: February 28, 2013, 08:19:15 pm »

I know that the eye stabbing was in some way related to something that happened before.
I have seen it. I remember the absurdity of something or other with knives in their eyes; and it was Homestuck related. Unfortunately I can't remember what.

http://bladekindeyewear.tumblr.com/

Dr. McNinja also this Homestuck theorizer guy.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #45552 on: February 28, 2013, 09:03:44 pm »

Caliborn didn't have the LE eyes when controlling Jack, however. Also, it was shown that Jack stabbed out his own eyes and placed the pool balls in the sockets.
I'm unconvinced that Caliborn was controlling Jack - there's been no indication that he's setting in motion events to lead to his own ascendance yet, or that he's even aware of enough of the causality involved to do so. He's certainly not insightful enough to figure it out from whatever moments he's observed through his many screens. It's possible that he is, but I feel like that it's likelier that the scene had more to do with emphasizing Caliborn's connection to Cal and the havoc he will one day be able to wreak through Cal than it did with communicating that Caliborn knew enough to know that he needed to make Jack blow up the moon at that particular moment and that he had the powers necessary to do so across timelines. If nothing else, that moon-destroying beam of power was way beyond anything Caliborn's been suggested to be capable of at that point.

What, exactly, happened to Jack, I don't know. I don't know if he's driven into a blind rage or being mind controlled or what, but I'm fairly certain Caliborn, at the point in time we saw him during that scene, wasn't Assuming Direct Control.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45553 on: March 01, 2013, 08:03:40 am »

Random plot revelation #12:

Vriska, the Thief of Light, is about to capture (or destroy) the Green Sun by having Lord English break it out of paradox space.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 10:13:34 am by Solifuge »

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #45554 on: March 01, 2013, 09:31:48 am »

Vriska being the Porky to LE's Giygas? Well, somebody has to be it. Probably the Condesce, though.

(Unserious theory: When Dave breaks Caliborn like a shitty sword, he then wields the corpse as "Excaliborn".)
I want this to happen.

Why are you?
It's a way of life.

Pages: 1 ... 3035 3036 [3037] 3038 3039 ... 3524