Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3030 3031 [3032] 3033 3034 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5131134 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #45465 on: February 27, 2013, 12:08:42 pm »

For the record, the ancestor of Caliborn and Calliope is most likely... Caliborn. In case you forgot, Dirk and Roxy are literally just clones of Bro and Mom, who are in and of themselves clones of Bro and Mom.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #45466 on: February 27, 2013, 01:16:27 pm »

No, Dirk and Roxy are[/] Bro and Mom. The only difference is the time they ended up in.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45467 on: February 27, 2013, 01:20:23 pm »

The main point is that Bro and Mom are paradox clones of themselves, and thus so could Cal be a paradox clone of LE.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #45468 on: February 27, 2013, 03:00:42 pm »

Right. Ectobiology does not necessitate that there be more than one Cherub body (IE two Cherubs, Caliborn and Calliope).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Boea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45469 on: February 27, 2013, 04:41:23 pm »

The main point is that Bro and Mom are paradox clones of themselves, and thus so could Cal be a paradox clone of LE.
Paradox Cloning Cast Members is a biconditional relation, which means LE [and his hypothetical other half] has to be the paradox clones of Calliborn, and Calliope for LE to be an actual paradox clone.

Most notably, LE has no discernible other half, unless you count Doc Scratch.
And LE is the ectobiological product of a Cue Ball, Felt!Cal, and 4 manuals, and a Tome.

Strider1 && Lalonde1 <==> Strider2 && Lalonde2 [as far as I recalled in that subarc]

Regardless that fact, the Calliope in question that later inspired her respective First Guardian!Self was from a doomed session, disregarding how strangely draconian the Comic Proper's Alpha Timeline is. [That is not to say that it wouldn't be a stone's throw to say that the Alpha Timeline is the only Timeline, considering how strangely exact it has to be to avoid dooming]
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 04:44:49 pm by Boea »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45470 on: February 27, 2013, 05:03:01 pm »

He could be. Or maybe I've been thinking of this the wrong way. For the cherub cloning session (which there has to be at some point for cherubs to exist) we have two options:

Lord English is paradox cloned to produce Caliborn/Calliope, who then becomes LE. I don't see this as likely.

Lord English, the adult form, is a breeding clone, specifically the type that involves a code in addition to it's paradox sample. We know that Doc Scratch was, but we aren't sure whether or not Lord English was - he could have merely used Doc as a gateway to entering the universe, rather than having actually been created inside him. Still, it's possible.

Lord English is a mutant clone. He's not actually involved in the Paradox process directly. Like a breeding clone, but only requires one source. He could be a mutant clone of Caliborn/Calliope, assuming they only have one genetic code anyway.

Lord English is a proper breeding clone. He is what you get when you mix a paradox clone from Calliope and Caliborn.

Alternatively, Lord English could be a paradox clone of Lord English. The whole Calliope/Caliborn thing is a big ol' Red Herring. Rather, Calliope and Caliborn are breeding clones created from Lord English... somehow. Of course, there's nothing to mix Lord English WITH, so this doesn't seem to make much sense.

Regardless, we are going to need to have a Cherub ecto-biology session.

From what we've seen of his nature and abilities, I'm  leaning on him being a breeding clone of one sort or the other. Despite him clearly being dominated by a Caliborn-specific brand of behaviour....

Oh.

Oh fuck.

I think I fucking figured it out.

Guys, what do English's eyes look like?

Who else has now had eyes that looked like that?

What did it mean?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:10:59 pm by GlyphGryph »

Boea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45471 on: February 27, 2013, 05:20:17 pm »

Spoiler: More or less it (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:38:15 pm by Boea »

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45472 on: February 27, 2013, 05:38:20 pm »

I'm wondering if the Muse of Time makes all paths lead to the same victory, as long as she stays alive in the originally destined main timeline.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #45473 on: February 27, 2013, 05:47:34 pm »

I don't think Caliborn/LE has anything to do with paradox clones.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #45474 on: February 27, 2013, 05:51:15 pm »

I'm pretty sure that the Cherubs were ecto'd from themself (they share a body, remember?)  and LE is Caliborn.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45475 on: February 27, 2013, 05:54:52 pm »

What he DOES have is the ability to make ectoclones of himself and calliope...
and the ability to possess people, through his juju.
Cal wasn't even his juju
He was going to make Cal his juju.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Boea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45476 on: February 27, 2013, 06:29:37 pm »

He traded Cal for Sebastian, so the point would be moot, at best.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45477 on: February 27, 2013, 06:38:01 pm »

Wait what no he didn't.

Boea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45478 on: February 27, 2013, 06:44:25 pm »

Now which Cal is that?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 06:47:50 pm by Boea »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #45479 on: February 27, 2013, 06:50:29 pm »

Lil' Cal. He has both. Seb is just kinda... there, Caliborn's never really done anything with him.
Pages: 1 ... 3030 3031 [3032] 3033 3034 ... 3524