Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3029 3030 [3031] 3032 3033 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5131035 times)

Boea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #45450 on: February 27, 2013, 01:12:27 am »

I'd just take her into another room, and sit, and talk, and realize quickly I have no friends that can talk as much as they can, and ruin the enjoyment that I am having from talking to them just as long at a later point own the line.

If anything happens, I could peg it as it escalating quickly, and that'd be about it, and no one would want to listen to the ordeal, since it would probably involve two loquacious people duking it out.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #45451 on: February 27, 2013, 01:24:40 am »

EXPOSITION

NOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOoooo...
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45452 on: February 27, 2013, 01:29:07 am »

Ah, those reactions.  Even Aradia is like, oh shit no.  What a great way to leave the comic hanging for five days.

Anyway, from those Tumblr links, I learned that some people try way harder than anyone has a right to.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #45453 on: February 27, 2013, 01:30:15 am »

If she had actually sprayed with that spraypaint, it'd be a little less silly.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45454 on: February 27, 2013, 01:45:17 am »

I can't interpret most of Aradia's reaction-faces, I feel like I'm missing out.
Aranea is so happy!  I got tired of exposition from the cherubs and alpha kids, but I could read Aranea stories forever 8D

I'm super jealous of all the characters for their amazingly cool afterlife.  Read and chat with alternate timelines for literally as long as I want, then see all my friends again?  So perfect!!  (I still think the dead selves only get double-killed when they're finally finished existing, that seems to be how time works there). 
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45455 on: February 27, 2013, 02:28:46 am »

Anyway, from those Tumblr links, I learned that some people try way harder than anyone has a right to.
Whenever I see Troll cosplay, I always think that their skin is too light a shade of grey, even when it is the perfect shade of grey.
I have no idea why I think this.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #45456 on: February 27, 2013, 03:10:37 am »

Flash photography? Lack of dark outlines?

Boea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45457 on: February 27, 2013, 03:13:14 am »

Whenever I see Troll cosplay, I always think that their skin is too light a shade of grey, even when it is the perfect shade of grey.
I have no idea why I think this.
That  reminds me, Latula, and Kankri need to pork.
Damara, and Kankri are oddly compatible.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45458 on: February 27, 2013, 03:22:50 am »

That Duttle picture reminds me of Kraang for some reason.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45459 on: February 27, 2013, 03:24:18 am »

ARANEA: Once upon a time........

[ S ]Exposition dump

Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #45460 on: February 27, 2013, 07:57:20 am »

Why is Aranea so terrible.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45461 on: February 27, 2013, 08:29:06 am »

Why are you?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

RedWick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45462 on: February 27, 2013, 09:12:46 am »

I've had this notion bouncing around in my head now for a while.  Namely, that the Alpha kid's session is the last link in a long chain of prize/scratch worlds.  That the Alpha troll's session was the prize of another alien race and that that session was either the prize or scratch of a previous session.  And so on.  The original session was Calliope's and the final session was Caliborn's.  Calliope earned the first Prize or forced the first scratch and caused the chain of events that led to the creation of all the other sessions.  Calliborn is working his way backwards down the chain to reach Calliope and her session. 

Boea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45463 on: February 27, 2013, 11:15:24 am »

You do have to keep in mind that The Red Session seems to be a byproduct of the Alternian Sessionmates [plus Dave and Rose] travelling to the Alpha Session. [The Meteor Lab, plus the Old Alpha Earth]

The other alternative is that the Cherubs are just another one of those cancers that infest the Humans' Sessions whose effects can affect the Troll Session directly because the Alpha Session is the Origin of the Trollian's Existence [/Frog].

Anyways, whether Dominant-Guardian!Calliope is based on this hypothetical Calliope, then that'd be pretty probable, it'd be a simple swap of Calliope with Caliborn, and then a variant-doomed session would create the abomination.
But, I thought Dead/Doomed Session bore no Frogs.
So as far as backwards goes, Lord English is just some First Guardian with the Facade of Caliborn, and a personality that is more or less based on Caliborn's [canonically muted] Hate for Calliope.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 11:17:14 am by Boea »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45464 on: February 27, 2013, 11:40:31 am »

There's no reason a universe can't spawn multiple sessions. Honestly, considering the number of void and dead sessions, it should be expected. We STILL don't know how the cherubs got where they did - Does someone end up Paradox cloning Lord English? That would explain their presence in the lab meteor, and it could be that there is some vitally important reason for paradox cloning the guy. And all the main characters are paradox clones - It's what the game system runs on. Paradox clones require ancestors, and I still suspect that Lord English is Caliborn and Calliopes ancestor.

With no lab meteor, it seems unlikely they exist pre-scratch, so there's only one version of them. But they still need an ancestor to be ectocloned from. So who is it?

Lord English is an adult cherub though. From what we've been told, properly becoming an adult cherub involves reconciling your "two halves", and Caliborn ruined that by killing her off. IF he wants to find her, I doubt he wants to double-kill her. I think it's more likely he wants to devour and subsume her so he can become a proper adult. (But I don't think it works that way, even if he suspects it to)

Lord English thinks (or so we have been led to believe), that Calliope is the key to his undoing. I am beginning to suspect that Caliborn might be as well. And that they will somehow become both an Anti-English, in addition to being LORD English. Especially with all the emphasis on ancestors lately, and the lack of any evidence seen of cherub-ancestors (which we know they need to have, as players of the game).... I think it's going to HAVE to play a big role. And it's getting to be a bit late to introduce new major players, but there's plenty of space left to shake out Lord English as something other than Caliborn.

Another question is, knowing as we do that each universe can spawn multiple incipispheres per scratch (humans + cherubs)... can each session be scratched multiple times? What happens if a Caliborn manages to scratch his session - is the human session erased too (unlikely)? Would the result even HAVE humans? (Since they didn't scratch, if their sessions stuck around I don't think it would, necessarily) These questions might not end up getting answered, but I think they are still pretty interesting. It might be that any given Universe gets "scratched" multiple times, with each iteration of the scratch being 'based' around a certain session, and the scratched version guaranteed a leadup to an ancestor-session in a more appropriate success-oriented world (for that particular group). If each scratch can produce multiple new sessions (each of which can scratch), well...

In that case, scratching as many times as possible would be an effective reproduction strategy.
Pages: 1 ... 3029 3030 [3031] 3032 3033 ... 3524