Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2982 2983 [2984] 2985 2986 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5122015 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #44745 on: January 29, 2013, 08:20:37 pm »

Just found something wonderful!
{S} Little Lion Man

That lovely little video got me thinking about Karkat as a character and in general. What do you guys think of him? Just curious over here.

I get why he's so popular, and I like him too.  He's an excellent foil to the other trolls, and he's the closest thing to a main character for the troll arcs (much like John).  His antics are hilarious and his most unpleasant personality trait is his "hidden" self-reproach, which just makes him more endearing for most people.  He goes from being an amusing internet-troll to a good friend with a hidden heart of gold.

I think he also is the most true to his species of all the trolls.  He embodies what we're told Alternian Troll culture is like: obsession with blood color, and rampant hostility.  His hostility is even insincere, just as the troll race was relatively "nice" before Doc Scratch's meddling.

I feel like the other trolls all stray from this paragon of trollness to various degrees.  My favorite and patron troll, Tavros, for example.  Vriska is right, how is Tavros even alive??  Karkat is a good person shaped by Alternia into a conflicted mess, so yeah, I'd say he's the best-developed troll.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44746 on: January 29, 2013, 08:34:23 pm »

Also, we need a Homestuck version of this. If only a name wasn't actually mentioned. Now we'd have to get someone to do voices.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44747 on: January 29, 2013, 09:02:52 pm »

Also, we need a Homestuck version of this. If only a name wasn't actually mentioned. Now we'd have to get someone to do voices.

If someone wants to animate this and jam files and whatnot together, I would totally help with that. I voice things.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44748 on: January 29, 2013, 10:57:17 pm »

I just noticed you can use the slanted arrows on the left frame to go to the top of the page. Oh, woe is the time spent wasted on scrolling. XD

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44749 on: January 29, 2013, 11:13:42 pm »

You know what is nice? Being able to highlight text again. Straight white on blue is a lot less abuse on the eyes than the colorful logs...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #44750 on: January 29, 2013, 11:15:05 pm »

Is this the end of the drama?

Is it? Is it really?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44751 on: January 29, 2013, 11:16:49 pm »

I'm starting to think that Hussie just writes bad fan fic about homestuck now, but because it is Hussie, it is canon.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #44752 on: January 29, 2013, 11:50:00 pm »

Fefeta dead is canon. This crushes my soul.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44753 on: January 30, 2013, 12:04:16 am »

And so at last we set sail again aboard the Greatest Ship.  The One True Ship.

The Friend Ship.

I'm starting to think that Hussie just writes bad fan fic about homestuck now, but because it is Hussie, it is canon.

I would say that's an inescapable side effect of letting people serially read your work while you produce it, but yeah he is kinda reveling in this.  Act 6 was cursed from the start with too much to tell and not enough room to show, and Hussie went out of his way to make that obvious.  As much as I appreciate these conversations, it smacks of exposition more than feelings.  Then again, when you're brainy and hungover that just kinda happens.

And goddamn it, Dirk and Jane and Jake shut up about Jake.  Nobody should have ever found that attractive in the first place, and as far as I can tell he never really did anything but exist and talk about himself.  Poor Roxy just wanted some attention and quality action and nobody gives a flip about her.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44754 on: January 30, 2013, 12:11:04 am »

I'm honestly surprised Jake was the one that everyone fought over. I mean, Dirk is the Sue in this session. Everyone should be whining about him right now.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #44755 on: January 30, 2013, 12:13:35 am »

Dirk is too obviously flawed and self-loathing to be a plausible romantic interest.

I think the whole Jake thing was supposed to be a joke that isn't actually a joke anymore I guess?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 12:15:08 am by fqllve »
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44756 on: January 30, 2013, 12:17:13 am »

Or maybe it's just teenagers being horrible judges of character.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44757 on: January 30, 2013, 12:28:16 am »

I think the whole Jake thing was supposed to be a joke that isn't actually a joke anymore I guess?
Or maybe it's just teenagers being horrible judges of character.

It's the mark of an excellent story when you can justify lazy characterization as good character development elsewhere and insightful commentary.

Or maybe that's just us being a gullible fanbase.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #44758 on: January 30, 2013, 12:51:05 am »

Character development? No. I just think Hussie forgot it was supposed to be a joke.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44759 on: January 30, 2013, 12:52:22 am »

When I read things, I tend to have a lot of faith in the author as a writer.

But Hussie...

nope, still got plenty of faith for him.
Pages: 1 ... 2982 2983 [2984] 2985 2986 ... 3524