Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2924 2925 [2926] 2927 2928 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5124207 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #43875 on: January 04, 2013, 02:58:45 am »

We're in one long, drawn out denouement. Some people may not like that.

I know I do :3

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43876 on: January 04, 2013, 03:13:30 pm »

The story has been going pretty slow lately. It's still pretty good, but not really as great as it's been before. The characters who have great dialogue and aren't too serious, like Dave and Karkat, are still great but the relationship drama tends to bog the story down a bit when it rears its ugly head. It can be pretty interesting, but I prefer the old cast more than the new mainly because the new cast has a lot more of this drama.

I keep thinking there's going to be some revelation about how and why a joke character is suddenly traveling time and space to facilitate an elaborate and pointless plot apparently just for the sake of doing so, but I can't shake the feeling that it's not going to happen and that will be exactly the point.

I don't think Hussie's going to reveal some sensible reason for what Gamzee does. He outright stated in comic that Gamzee's a crazy clown that does weird shit for reasons that make no sense. Convenient how that allows Gamzee to do whatever is needed to move the plot forward, huh? The only way Hussie could be less transparent is if he actually states that Gamzee just does shit so that the plot moves in the direction Hussie wants. This could be some meta-commentary on some character type like Vriska was on self-inserts and mary sues, but I'm too busy hating the plot device pretending to be a character to figure that out.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #43877 on: January 04, 2013, 03:43:48 pm »

I was somewhat annoyed by the damn mystery surrounding Gamzee, but Caliborn beating the everloving shit out of him made up for it.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43878 on: January 04, 2013, 04:12:03 pm »

update :(

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #43879 on: January 04, 2013, 05:05:32 pm »

This makes me very sad.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #43880 on: January 04, 2013, 05:33:45 pm »

I still enjoy reading Homestuck... but I have to agree to most of the points Aqizzar, fqllve, Jim Groovester and other people made: The plot is as aimlessly meandering and weirdly paced as it was on day(act) one, and for every bit of payoff there are one to three bits of, for the moment, pointless distraction.

I also can't take Homestuck's teen drama ironically anymore since Hivebent.
Hussie used up his ironic teen drama credit and is far, far in the red now. The red being genuinely expecting me to care for the lovelife of imaginary teenagers.

And there are other problems I have with it all, but I bored you with that in the past already. Heh. Time sure is weird.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43881 on: January 04, 2013, 06:55:59 pm »

ONE SIMPLE SOLUTION: ALL of the worlds BLOW UP INCREDIBLY before the final act is even reached.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43882 on: January 04, 2013, 07:52:23 pm »

That's why Calmasis is the true hero. He will free us all from annoying teen drama and pointless characters.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #43883 on: January 05, 2013, 02:23:47 am »

I actually kind of enjoy the teen drama as a contrast to the life-and-death drama of previous acts, although it's starting to get laid on a bit thick. Jane/Jake needs to be resolved this act. The current update worries me on this matter. Anyway, it also is kind of mandatory in the sort of coming-of-age story that Homestuck is trying to be (among the many other things that it is trying to be), though I'd be surprised if this drama isn't there specifically to be compared to the rest of the plot as a "Yeah, this relationship stuff does matter to you, but you can't let it take over your whole life, because there's other stuff that you have to worry about" thing. It kind of seems like the direction Hussie would go, or else he could go for Maximum Trolling (Aqizzar, if you would?) and dismiss its value entirely and have the entire plotline fizzle out.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #43884 on: January 05, 2013, 04:05:17 am »

So update.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #43885 on: January 05, 2013, 12:19:59 pm »

You know, at this point I'm like 90% sure Jake actually has brain damage from all those blows to the head that never got treated or even worried about by anyone at all, Jake himself included.
くコ:彡

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43886 on: January 05, 2013, 01:29:41 pm »

Jake. How can you not know that ouroboros is an actual word? Then again, uROBuROS is spelt weird...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43887 on: January 05, 2013, 01:35:49 pm »

Jake. How can you not know that ouroboros is an actual word?

Kid never went to school. Okay, granted, that wouldn't've helped, as schools rarely teach you relevant things.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43888 on: January 05, 2013, 01:46:21 pm »

Jake. How can you not know that ouroboros is an actual word?

Kid never went to school. Okay, granted, that wouldn't've helped, as schools rarely teach you relevant things.

I can't imagine any scenario outside of dealing with magic puzzle shit that recognizing the spelling of ouroboros would ever be relevant.  Which I guess means that he probably would have learned something that irrelevant in a school.

But yeah, he's a bonehead and I can total sympathize.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #43889 on: January 05, 2013, 03:16:43 pm »

You know, the fact that Jake has the ability to look back at his own chatlogs makes his failure even more astoundingly awful.
Pages: 1 ... 2924 2925 [2926] 2927 2928 ... 3524