Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2713 2714 [2715] 2716 2717 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5134491 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Hiatustuck: [KICKS] Make Them Pay
« Reply #40710 on: September 06, 2012, 11:43:38 pm »

Hmmm, I've been looking at merchandise everywhere and I can't seem to find squiddles or scalemates or any plushies at all. Am I the only one that finds this a business oversight on their part?
I'm pretty sure that was intentional so that they could add scalemates as a reward tier for the Kickstarter for extra money. Presumably they'll be added to the store later but right now, you're right.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #40711 on: September 06, 2012, 11:47:40 pm »

Hmmm, I've been looking at merchandise everywhere and I can't seem to find squiddles or scalemates or any plushies at all. Am I the only one that finds this a business oversight on their part?
I'm pretty sure that was intentional so that they could add scalemates as a reward tier for the Kickstarter for extra money. Presumably they'll be added to the store later but right now, you're right.

Shit. Even as a straight male that generally conforms to societal norms I would have my room filled with them. Hell, they'd be sold out the first day and it'd be because of me. I'd buy all the plushies. All of them.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40712 on: September 06, 2012, 11:51:32 pm »

Shit. Even as a straight male that generally conforms to societal norms I would have my room filled with them. Hell, they'd be sold out the first day and it'd be because of me. I'd buy all the plushies. All of them.

Okay, we need to stop accepting that men not being allowed to have tons of plush critters is normal or good. Plushies are bitchin, and I should be able to have as many as I want without society training folk to look down their noses at me because of it. PLUSH REVOLUTION!

...Once I get my con stuff worked out, I'm gonna get some felt and make my own scalemate. So adorable.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40713 on: September 07, 2012, 12:44:15 am »

Your Dave avatar has never been more appropriate.  Except that it means you're lying through your teeth about actually liking the things.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #40714 on: September 07, 2012, 01:55:49 am »

I was about to judge everyone who was willing to pay $100 for a scalemate when I realized I'd pay more than that for a squiddle.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40715 on: September 07, 2012, 07:31:45 am »

Update?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40716 on: September 07, 2012, 07:41:27 am »

You're x posts too late.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40717 on: September 07, 2012, 08:09:46 am »

My poor RSS feed feels like updating half an hour after it gains an Internet connection :U

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40718 on: September 07, 2012, 09:09:24 am »

Gravity isn't a force in the medium.
Yes it is. It's just one that's ignored whenever convenient for plot purposes.

If there was a mutual attraction between objects of mass, the Incipisphere wouldn't be stable. Prospit would pull the player planets out of alignment and things would start crashing into each other. Also those giant PROSPIT and DERSE labels would crash into the planets or moons. Also Derse's moon couldn't have escaped Skaia's gravity well. Also the Horrorterrors would collapse under their own mass. Gravity is a thing, but it's very different from your puny human earth gravity.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40719 on: September 07, 2012, 09:36:26 am »

It's called orbit for a reason. *doing the scientist :V*

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40720 on: September 07, 2012, 11:29:11 am »

Gravity exists only as a gaming abstraction.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #40721 on: September 07, 2012, 11:31:21 am »

SBURB just doesn't have a physics engine. They used all the space they saved by just arbitrarily coding things to fall at 9.8 m/s toward arbitrary points to fit in time shenanigans. An acceptable trade, I'd wager.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40722 on: September 07, 2012, 11:47:02 am »

The many flagellating tentathorns of the noble circle of Horrorterrors guide the celestial bodies into alignment and bind beings to their will. Nobody escapes their flailing reach.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40723 on: September 07, 2012, 12:06:01 pm »

SBURB just doesn't have a physics engine. They used all the space they saved by just arbitrarily coding things to fall at 9.8 m/s toward arbitrary points to fit in time shenanigans. An acceptable trade, I'd wager.

I never would have imagined that the universe's way of propagating itself could be accused of lazy programming.

And then I read Homestuck.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #40724 on: September 07, 2012, 01:32:58 pm »

The many flagellating tentathorns of the noble circle of Horrorterrors guide the celestial bodies into alignment and bind beings to their will. Nobody escapes their flailing reach.

I think you just implied that the Medium works by way of tentacle demons molesting the laws of physics.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.
Pages: 1 ... 2713 2714 [2715] 2716 2717 ... 3524