Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2438 2439 [2440] 2441 2442 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5119026 times)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: romance and dating are dumb and boring.
« Reply #36585 on: March 25, 2012, 09:32:00 am »

I think the fact that you are over-thinking this is the reason why you are a brony and Hussie and Dirk are not.

Are you implying that if I was to not over-think this, if I was to accept your position as correct and never question it again, that would make me not a brony? Despite the Rainbow Dash posters on my wall and the cartoons I'm watching for "studious purposes", my willingness to take everything Hussie says at face value would forever separate me from the actual fandom?

...Does this mean that Karkat is a brony?

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36586 on: March 25, 2012, 09:41:31 am »

Now I just want to know how the fuck you got to this Conclusion.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36587 on: March 25, 2012, 10:02:03 am »

Isn't that kind of what "brony" means, though? I'm not sure if I'm following what Hussie is saying here. Dirk watches MLP. There is a pony he likes. It's not like there's a Noble Circle of Bronies he needs to be inducted into to become a true fan. Or do you need to unironically like a minimum of two ponies before it counts? A minimum of three ponies? What's next? Terezi isn't really into dragons because she only PRETENDS to believe that all her scalemates are alive, and only does the furry roleplaying with nepeta IRONICALLY?

I figured the reason Dirk isn't a brony is because he isn't really a fan of the show. He does watch it and does actually like Rainbow Dash, but that doesn't make him a fan. This is mainly my opinion, but for him to really be a fan of the show he has to be watching it because he actually likes the show, not because he wants to evaluate its impact on pop culture.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36588 on: March 25, 2012, 10:14:14 am »

He does watch it and does actually like Rainbow Dash, but that doesn't make him a fan.
This is exactly what Hussie said. He watches the show ironically but likes Rainbow Dash genuinely.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #36589 on: March 25, 2012, 10:43:26 am »

He does watch it and does actually like Rainbow Dash, but that doesn't make him a fan.
This is exactly what Hussie said. He watches the show ironically but likes Rainbow Dash genuinely.

I didn't know this was such a sore topic >_>

I just figured it would be humorous to accuse Dirk of being a Brony, given how 'cool' he is.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36590 on: March 25, 2012, 11:07:27 am »

I didn't know this was such a sore topic >_>

I just figured it would be humorous to accuse Dirk of being a Brony, given how 'cool' he is.
You have sorely underestimated how unironically cool it is for a smooth operator like Dirk to be a Brony... He downplays the fact though, because let's face it, you don't just shove your cool credentials in people's faces, that's just not how you roll.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36591 on: March 25, 2012, 11:14:07 am »

Now I just want to know how the fuck you got to this Conclusion.

Extrapolating from the assumption that a brony is someone who argues? I thought it obvious. :P

I figured the reason Dirk isn't a brony is because he isn't really a fan of the show. He does watch it and does actually like Rainbow Dash, but that doesn't make him a fan. This is mainly my opinion, but for him to really be a fan of the show he has to be watching it because he actually likes the show, not because he wants to evaluate its impact on pop culture.

Eh, I guess I can accept that. I've just found it a tad difficult to believe in the "irony" excuse after Bro turned out to like his puppets for realsies.

> Implying that it is implausible for bronies to be cool

OH SNAP!
But yeah, did you miss the page where Dirk examines the Rainbow Dash poster next to the Ben Stiller poster, or haven't you reached it yet? It's like eight pages after the one linked.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36592 on: March 25, 2012, 11:35:26 am »

Hussie really is taking that "Kill John again!" line too seriously...

Don't forget, Terezi promised to kill him if she ever met him in person.  Too bad the doofus just has to be a hero all the time.

Man I don't remember this. Was she serious? I'm just trying to remember when this happened cause I don't remember at all.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36593 on: March 25, 2012, 11:39:32 am »

Even if she was serious and still means it, she could just sucker-stab him, which has no effect on him.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #36594 on: March 25, 2012, 12:03:04 pm »

Didn't she think he was Dave at the time or something? And she already cut Dave's throat, through the whole Schrödinger's Dave incident. I could be totally wrong though.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36595 on: March 25, 2012, 01:29:53 pm »

She did say she was going to kill him. Probably as vengeance for wrecking the troll session, back when she still cared about that. And kill John she did, by persuading him to sequence break to the Denizen.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36596 on: March 25, 2012, 01:57:14 pm »

Speak of the devil. Yesssss dream Vriska.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36597 on: March 25, 2012, 04:37:38 pm »

She did say she was going to kill him. Probably as vengeance for wrecking the troll session, back when she still cared about that. And kill John she did, by persuading him to sequence break to the Denizen.

Possibly also due to her ability to see alternate futures - she may have known doing that would cause a doomed timeline that would set the current timeline on its correct course. (For one thing, by causing Davesprite instead of Calsprite.)

On a completely unrelated note, I'm waiting for the point where Kanaya realizes that she can just use Trollian to observe her earlier self, back when she was keeping the Mother Grub in her sylladex, and get the alchemiter code off the back of the card to make another one.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36598 on: March 25, 2012, 04:42:14 pm »

Possibly also due to her ability to see alternate futures - she may have known doing that would cause a doomed timeline that would set the current timeline on its correct course. (For one thing, by causing Davesprite instead of Calsprite.)

On a completely unrelated note, I'm waiting for the point where Kanaya realizes that she can just use Trollian to observe her earlier self, back when she was keeping the Mother Grub in her sylladex, and get the alchemiter code off the back of the card to make another one.

Didn't she say that she already had a code, but that the Mother Grub was ludicrously expensive to make?

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36599 on: March 25, 2012, 04:54:08 pm »

Didn't she say that she already had a code, but that the Mother Grub was ludicrously expensive to make?

*Looks it up* Huh. Yep. I really am getting bad at keeping track of everything that's happened by this point.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."
Pages: 1 ... 2438 2439 [2440] 2441 2442 ... 3524