Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2370 2371 [2372] 2373 2374 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5115719 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: Badass of the Dead
« Reply #35565 on: March 08, 2012, 02:06:25 pm »

Relevant? At least after reading that tumblr post.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35566 on: March 08, 2012, 04:05:08 pm »

My brain is full of fuck. Jane and Jake are in the past? And Dirk and Roxy in a condesce ruled future? And thanks to GCat, Jane's going in without prototyping. That kinda fucks them over, as without all pre-entry prototyped sprites, the battlefield can't grow to the form where it can hold the universe to grow. But their rings and scepters don't have orbs, and Jade's bringing a battlefield so they don't need prototyping? I suddenly understand jack shit.

But then... how long can the reckoning actually last if the person controlling it wants it to? Probably quite a while. The world might still be, indefinitely, pre-reckoning. Meaning the others can be years in the future and still technically enter the game.

Well, we know that the Reckoning lasts for 24 hours in the incipisphere, but we don't know if the being initiating it can prolong it. If so, a day is probably the minimum, as Jack is not the type to try to prolong Skaia's destruction. On the player's world, however, it probably lasts as long as Skaia wants it to. And how knows what the hell it is planning.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35567 on: March 08, 2012, 04:35:42 pm »

My brain is full of fuck. Jane and Jake are in the past? And Dirk and Roxy in a condesce ruled future? And thanks to GCat, Jane's going in without prototyping. That kinda fucks them over, as without all pre-entry prototyped sprites, the battlefield can't grow to the form where it can hold the universe to grow. But their rings and scepters don't have orbs, and Jade's bringing a battlefield so they don't need prototyping? I suddenly understand jack shit.
The thing is, I don't think Jane entered the Medium. Just creating the Entry item isn't enough. She needed to complete some sort of task with it in order to enter the Medium. But Jane didn't do anything with her Entry Item, so its impossible that shes in the Medium. And more importantly, As Jane dissapered, she and her house just glowed blue. When you enter the Medium, you don't glow at all. You just kinda "Arrive". For all we know, She could've been teleported aboard the Betty Crocker's (And by extension, the Imperial Condence's) Ship.

Which actually makes more sense, because Jane's kinda the heir to the Betty Crocker's/Imperial Condence's entire Empire.

Edit: Also if you look real closely at the sun in the moments before Jane's Meteor Impacts you can see it still has Homestuck next to it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 04:39:35 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35568 on: March 08, 2012, 04:39:01 pm »

And more importantly, As Jane dissapered, she and her house just glowed blue. When you enter the Medium, you don't glow at all. You just kinda "Arrive". For all we know, She could've been teleported aboard the Betty Crocker's (And by extension, the Imperial Condence's) Ship.
I think in all the enter flashes the house glowed for a second before entering.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35569 on: March 08, 2012, 04:39:59 pm »

She could've been teleported aboard the Betty Crocker's (And by extension, the Imperial Condence's) Ship.

I actually think this is going to happen. It would certainly make for an interesting scene.

Or maybe not, considering the IC tried to blow her up.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35570 on: March 08, 2012, 04:42:14 pm »

So.. how about that music? The first song feels like Sburban Jungle, but different, of course. The second one is, I'm pretty sure, a remix of Dissension, and the last bit kind of felt like Warhammer of Zillyhoo to me.

Also I can't get over the single white pixel on Dirk's leg when he's walking up the stairs.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35571 on: March 08, 2012, 04:44:42 pm »

And more importantly, As Jane dissapered, she and her house just glowed blue. When you enter the Medium, you don't glow at all. You just kinda "Arrive". For all we know, She could've been teleported aboard the Betty Crocker's (And by extension, the Imperial Condence's) Ship.

Yeah, Jade's entire island turned green/white when she entered.  It was ambiguous whether that was Bec's doing or the game's, but it wouldn't be weird to think players and whatever spit of land they take with them would glow their color upon entry.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35572 on: March 08, 2012, 04:52:27 pm »

Is the color it flashes associated with the associated color of the person entering?

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35573 on: March 08, 2012, 04:55:12 pm »

Yeah, Jade's entire island turned green/white when she entered.  It was ambiguous whether that was Bec's doing or the game's, but it wouldn't be weird to think players and whatever spit of land they take with them would glow their color upon entry.
You realize Jade didn't even have an Island when she Entered, right?

Reguardless, I think I should check. Looking for every Kid's Entry Animation now, and so far John's doesn't have any such glow.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35574 on: March 08, 2012, 05:00:01 pm »

"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35575 on: March 08, 2012, 05:06:59 pm »

Then again, it may be a matter of perspective. Depending upon watching the Entry from an outside source or from the kid's perspective.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35576 on: March 08, 2012, 05:11:02 pm »

John's entry was a "oh my god he died" gimmick with the actual entry moment skipped in favour of drama. So of course it didn't glow.

And note that Jane's entry item was the tree - what did she actually need to even do to it?

John's was actually the apple.

I'm not sure we know enough to be sure she didn't do... whatever she needed to do.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35577 on: March 08, 2012, 05:12:15 pm »

Nope, it was just a white flash for John, Rose, Dave, and Jade. Theres no way that Jane was entering the Medium, unless Hussie decided to retcon that.

I dunno, this looks like an island to me.
I know she lived on an island, but Bec also teleported Jade a while before she entered to save her from what I believe were meteors. There was no island to speak of when she was entering, as you can see from my eariler links.

Edit: Also I was right for once. This is either cause for Celebration or a sgin of the end of the Universe as we know it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 05:15:08 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35578 on: March 08, 2012, 05:13:10 pm »

I dunno, this looks like an island to me.

And suddenly this reminds me of how, back before and right Jade was introduced, and she had all that crazy stuff in her house and seemed to be in a different timescale than the other players (time zones, how do they work), a lot of people (including myself) speculated that she was actually in the future.  It's cataloged in the first few pages of this thread even.

I have to wonder if Hussie didn't see a rebooted universe as an opportunity to drag that misconception back from the dustbin, or if it's just a crazy coincidence.

Nope, it was just a white flash for John, Rose, Dave, and Jade. Theres no way that Jane was entering the Medium, unless Hussie decided to change something.

Well, what do I know anyway.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35579 on: March 08, 2012, 05:14:46 pm »

And note that Jane's entry item was the tree - what did she actually need to even do to it?

John's was actually the apple.

I'm not sure we know enough to be sure she didn't do... whatever she needed to do.
John's item made a tree that made an apple. Presumably because nothing was prototyped the apple never fell.

Theres no way
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 2370 2371 [2372] 2373 2374 ... 3524