Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5122987 times)

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: [S] Descend.
« Reply #3555 on: June 07, 2010, 10:33:24 pm »

It looks like Jade really did pull a heroic sacrifice. :'(

I think it is safe to say that I don't really have to foggiest idea where Andrew is taking this now.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: June 07, 2010, 10:38:46 pm »

I've had a thought for awhile: I don't think Jade is going Ascend.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: June 07, 2010, 10:48:13 pm »

Jack isn't ever going to ascend. Hussie can afford to let Jack dwell in Complete Monster territory the rest of the adventure without losing dramatic opportunity - he does have a morally-dark-grey counterpart in Spades Slick. e- whoops, misread last post as 'Jack' not 'Jade'.

I find the core story very interesting as a whole (to-date) right now. The players are given a very interesting and unique (not to mention cryptic) game to play, that you only learn more about as you play. However, through interaction with the trolls we begin to see that this particular session isn't going to be played normally (and in fact cannot be). The players have virtually unlimited power, or the means to create said power, so long as they're smart enough, even to break the game's boundaries. So we get an interesting "the game can't be beaten traditionally" story while still discovering through all the side info we know how Sburb is supposed to play.

It reminds me of Portal. If it was just 'a computer with a really dark sense of humour guides you through a death course' it'd be pretty cool, mostly because of the mechanics. But you get to see the Rat Man holes, and begin to think about what kind of a facility would make such a test in the first place, and why this computer is so messed up, and how you ended up there, and all this other stuff that may never have crossed your mind. Rose's last GameFAQs message gives me the same "fuck yeah time to break the rules" vibe that breaking out of the facility and hunting down GLaDOS did.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: June 07, 2010, 11:11:12 pm »

Well it's official. Jade's Dream Self is dead. Time for the roaring rampage of righteous revenge from everyone's least favourite boy wonder.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: June 07, 2010, 11:13:43 pm »

So WV is a secret wizard? Behold his robes!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: June 07, 2010, 11:18:49 pm »

Least favorite? Paaah! John would not be my least favorite character. He's the most ah, ordinary. Everyman you could say. Also, yeah, dead body means she's dead, its a rule.

Also, I know whats going on, however, I have no clue whatsoever why its going on, or what it might mean.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: June 07, 2010, 11:32:23 pm »

I was referring to the poll. The only other boy wonder listed was Dave, who is far in front.  ;)
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: June 07, 2010, 11:33:46 pm »

To be fair, if I could vote for Bro...

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: June 08, 2010, 12:00:27 am »

^ truth.

In any case, I did have to vote for Dave, but he is my favorite. He's the most collected. John's freaking out understandably, but then again, I would be too.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: June 08, 2010, 12:19:19 am »

I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: June 08, 2010, 01:09:50 am »

http://www.formspring.me/prospit

Also http://www.formspring.me/dstrider (Dave), http://www.formspring.me/ohnoooooooooooo (Jade, in the middle of being updated right this moment). There are a whole bunch of others, including trolls, all linked from one profile to another.

e- Actually, can't comment on the Jade one because I've passed like ten now. But dstrider is definitely Hussie's. And he refers to a few profiles as who they actually are supposed to be, including multiple Jades, so... I dunno.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 01:14:33 am by Retro »

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: June 08, 2010, 04:14:15 am »

Well, it's official, PM is a badass. One black torso down, three left.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: June 08, 2010, 05:07:47 am »

So okay.

I've let this go for a while: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=pony

And now I can't get that damn song out of my head D:

Any tips so I can forget the... *whistle whistle*
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #3568 on: June 08, 2010, 06:59:45 am »

So okay.

I've let this go for a while: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=pony

And now I can't get that damn song out of my head D:

Any tips so I can forget the... *whistle whistle*

Go to http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/album/homestuck-vol-3.
Pick any other album. (vol. 3 is okay if you stop it before the last song)
Listen to it. (You don't have to buy it, unless you want to download it)
Eh?
Eh!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: June 08, 2010, 08:13:51 am »

Oh I already been there, and I already have some of those.

Legally of course *coughs*

YAY PONY CHORALE *listens*
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 3524