Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5122969 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: [S] Descend.
« Reply #3480 on: June 04, 2010, 11:05:50 pm »

Or bro save. Or bec. Cause the god dog is near omnipotent after all.

We do see Bec at the end of the flash just watching the exploded tower, though. Whether he's yet to save her and she's still falling or he hasn't saved her at all has yet to be seen.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: June 04, 2010, 11:12:48 pm »

Also, little side note. The fact that Bro fought Jack, at what amounts to his full power, basically means bro can hold his own against the strongest enemy in this entire verse. Which, I must say, comes to no one's surprise.

Edit: Also, the more I look at it, the more I have this feeling something happened. The light coming from where Jade would be, it doesn't seem to me like the collision. Just a little feeling I get the more I watch this flash. There's gotta be something more to it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 11:15:37 pm by tehstefan »
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: June 04, 2010, 11:18:06 pm »

My money's on the Bec-save for Jade. It seems to make the most sense.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: June 04, 2010, 11:31:11 pm »

It seemed kinda like a lightning bolt of energy. Perhaps that's just artistic lisence for a giant striking meteor, but I just don't know. not to mention, perhaps the queen's ring she was wearing did something? I wouldn't be surprised, it is a very powerful artefact.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: June 04, 2010, 11:39:30 pm »

Also, little side note. The fact that Bro fought Jack, at what amounts to his full power, basically means bro can hold his own against the strongest enemy in this entire verse. Which, I must say, comes to no one's surprise.

Well, he did have to abscond in the end...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: June 04, 2010, 11:43:08 pm »

Yeah, he can hold his own.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: June 04, 2010, 11:47:29 pm »

Yeah, but notice how even giant mecha's were no match for him, yet bro didn't even take a scratch?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: June 04, 2010, 11:50:32 pm »

It's the Kamina glasses.

Also, the mechas seem to have the problem's you'd expect from a giant robot - slow moving and useless if someone shows up with a bigger gun that can hit them before they hit back.

But it's mostly the Kamina thing.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: June 04, 2010, 11:57:07 pm »

I saw Bro's absconce as a tactical retreat rather than a pure combat defeat. I think they could've battled a lot longer without either gaining ground, but Bro sabotaged the turntable platform (as far as I could tell) to either damage or delay Jack while he formulates a more effective way to combat him.

Who does Jack still have on his side, anyhow? He's got the not-Midnight Crew, but I don't know how likely it is the remaining Derse folk will be willing to serve Jack, assuming he doesn't just kill them all too.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: June 04, 2010, 11:58:53 pm »

He only killed the rebels. A pawn of his did give him the White Scepter.

Also, yeah, you get the feeling that Bro could have lasted longer if he had to.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: June 04, 2010, 11:59:53 pm »

He only killed the rebels. A pawn of his did give him the White Scepter.

It's CD, actually - he's got the clubs marker on him and everything.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: June 05, 2010, 12:02:19 am »

Is it? Oh. Maybe he wants to start his own faction.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: June 05, 2010, 12:09:16 am »

I was kind of wondering about why Jack was killing the white and black peces, but since he started out pretty pissed at the black monarchy, it seems to make sense that he's just in nihilistic berserker mode now.

Also, little side note. The fact that Bro fought Jack, at what amounts to his full power...

Technically, it was only with 2 scepters and 1 ring, and 3 of 4 possible prototyping combos. Presumably 3/4 of his full power. Or, more likely, x3/x4 of his full power. If that makes any sense. I have a feeling Jack getting his hands on that last artifact will be a plot point.

But yeah, Bro is too awesome to live. He's headed towards a heroic sacrifice, I'd wager.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 12:23:51 am by kinseti »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: June 05, 2010, 01:30:59 am »

In regards to why he was killing both white and black, it's because of the revolution WV led. Two black and white armies were headed to depose the black monarch and no matter whether or not he hates monarchs, that's Jack as of now.

Also, did anyone else see his face that flashed on the screen for a split second? The profile of his face as he's growling or roaring or something?

How fucking scary did that look?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: June 05, 2010, 01:32:42 am »

Also, did anyone else see his face that flashed on the screen for a split second? The profile of his face as he's growling or roaring or something?

How fucking scary did that look?
On a scale of 1 to 10? 100. That face says "That's it, everybody dies!"
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 3524