Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5123901 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Vote Your Favorite Kid!!!
« Reply #3435 on: June 04, 2010, 08:48:30 am »

BRO IS THE BEST FUCKING CHARACTER OUT OF ALL OF THEM, THE FUCKING BEST
Yes. First, Jack takes out an entire army alone(how did WV survive? He was in charge, but apparently avoided Jack's wrath) then Bro fights him to a standstill. On a giant timetable.

Looks like Jack is being set up as The Chessmaster, sending all the meteors and setting off this whole paradoxical chain of events... also it just occurred to me that that's probably the best name for his new level of power, considering everything is linked to chess.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: June 04, 2010, 09:35:40 am »

I think WV gave Jack the staff of the White King, and was thus spared. Jack then used the staff to send the meteors floating around Derse flying towards Skaia. These are joined by the falling ruins of Prospit, the smaller bits being 'ported away while the big chunks impact the surface.

Wait, if Dave landed on the rocket board when he first entered the medium then wouldn't he have it? And thus not need to make Unreal Air?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: June 04, 2010, 09:49:00 am »

BRO IS THE BEST FUCKING CHARACTER OUT OF ALL OF THEM, THE FUCKING BEST

Yes this.

I need to watch that a few more times. I might try making notes. And yeah, it's DD that created Bec, not a random Derse goonie; caught that the first time around.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #3438 on: June 04, 2010, 09:54:01 am »

I think WV gave Jack the staff of the White King, and was thus spared.
It was CD, by the ♣ on his shirt...
Eh?
Eh!

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: June 04, 2010, 10:00:35 am »

Wait, if Dave landed on the rocket board when he first entered the medium then wouldn't he have it? And thus not need to make Unreal Air?
Maybe he did?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: June 04, 2010, 10:07:39 am »

Also, was it just me, or was the young Dave Strider sent on his asteroid along with Maplehoof, the Pretty Pink Pony? Because that's freaking hilarious.
He and bro got lil cal and maplehoof. It's almost impossible to tell which is which, but either way it's hilarious.

I need to watch that a few more times. I might try making notes. And yeah, it's DD that created Bec, not a random Derse goonie; caught that the first time around.
Not quite. DD is reading the MEOW code then it cuts to Bec being created, with a random minion cowering behind a nearby console. Also, Bec seems to be made from Harley alchemized with... nothing. The second slot is empty.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: June 04, 2010, 10:10:21 am »

Huh.

There are those four kids on that poll...

...who are they? :o
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #3442 on: June 04, 2010, 10:22:01 am »

The Squiddles break was awesome.. can anyone decipher what the Squiddles were saying though, when they tanglebuddied the sailor guy?

Halve the speed. There are two vocal tracks. The background one seems to be
"Squiddely-dee. Squiddely-dumm. Everyone thinks a squiddely{cut off here}" (or it could be "only one thing" instead of "Everyone thinks"
The other one seems to be saying something like
"I just dubbed onchabetterin" (The last word isn't clear, but I suspect that it is the name of a product with a commercial that sounds *very* similar to that clip)
Eh?
Eh!

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: June 04, 2010, 10:30:18 am »

Those babies are all riding meteors.
You know, the same type of meteors that killed off Jade in round one?
And survive, of course.

Jade can apparently avoid the fate she sees in her dreams, even now.
Through the power of time-travel of course.

All of Jade's problems will be solved indirectly by time travel.

The technology of (skaia?) appears to grow to improbable levels.

Those soldiers are all wielding rifles at the end.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 10:48:20 am by eerr »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: June 04, 2010, 11:27:27 am »

Also, was it just me, or was the young Dave Strider sent on his asteroid along with Maplehoof, the Pretty Pink Pony? Because that's freaking hilarious.
He and bro got lil cal and maplehoof. It's almost impossible to tell which is which, but either way it's hilarious.

Not quite. DD is reading the MEOW code then it cuts to Bec being created, with a random minion cowering behind a nearby console. Also, Bec seems to be made from Harley alchemized with... nothing. The second slot is empty.
The minion is no random minion. It is the Authority Regulator. AR.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: June 04, 2010, 11:49:35 am »

All right, gave it another few listens, and I've got almost all the music and the whole plot save the very end. The whole first half up to the Squddles interlude uses Dave Fucking Owns At This Game's drum track and the main piano bassline of Sburban Jungle, so those are always assumed. If I mention them, it's because their main musical parts got especially noticeable. If I don't mention anything, it's an original addition as best I can tell.

- (DFOATG, then a bit of SJ) Dave is trying to get to the medium and failing because seppucrow knocks him down.
- (Beatdown) Bro CUTS THE METEOR IN HALF WHILE FUCKING STANDING ON IT, thus saving Dave...
- (Mutiny) ...who catches the egg and lands on the hoverboard (he enters the medium AFTER the meteors hit, weirdly).
- (Showtime) Present Dave is surrounded in the medium with all his sweet gear, the gate above him and enemies around him.
- (Contention) Mom and Dad (and presumably Gramps) are on a ship heading for Skaia, preparing to fight with guns and cake.
- (Black) Jack kills everyone but WV...
- (Sburban Jungle) ...then uses his ring to kill everyone else too. (purple body might be a badly wounded WV)
- (Explore) The Reckoning starts, and all the babies are packed away onto meteors (yes Dave is on Maplehoof)
- Jack kills a bunch of planes and stuff, then CD gives him the white staff...
- (Hardlyquinn, I think) which he uses to send the asteroids
- (no idea to either of these, might be original) DD creates Bec from the MEOW code, but doesn't appear to send him back right away. AR watches nervously.
- (a whole lot of stuff, see below) Jade sleeps while Dream Jade roams Prospit. The White Queen prepares to leave.
- (the high bits are reminiscent of Doctor) Jack shows up. Everyone dies, and he cuts the satellite loose.
- (Atomyk Ebonpyre) Jack and Bro fight on a giant turntable above The Land of Heat and Clockwork. It's a standstill, so Bro smashes his sword down and jumps off as Jack takes one last swing at him. The platform looks like it is about to explode with Jack on it (who we don't see again in the flash)
- SQUIDDLE-E-EEEE, SQUIDDLE-E-EEE, I JUST HAD A BRAIN SHOCK ANEURYSM (??)
- (Dave Fucking Owns At This Game in full + Beatdown from here on out) Dream John is falling towards Skaia, still asleep. Everything is falling too. Jade catches him and wakes him up with difficulty, but her Dream self is killed.
- The dreambot explodes atop Jade's tower's secondary tower bit. Jade falls from the tower. Bec does not appear to catch her, judging by the end bit.
- Portals open up all over Skaia to deflect the meteors as Prospit continues to fall
- Rose and Dave are fighting, and look to their portals (I think they change from receiving to spewing?). Rose blows something up at the portal (a meteor? dunno?) then flies off. Looks like Dave goes through his.
- Bec watches as the massivest meteor falls towards Jade Island

I never found a spot for where Dissension, Aggreive, or Harlequin fit in, though I could've easily made a mistake. The Prospit bit before Jack shows up reminds me of Ballad of Awakening, Skies of Skaia, and Endless Climb. Not sure exactly what it is.

So some stuff I'm curious about: If Bec is basically made of epic magicks, and Jade prototyped Bec, would Jack then become epic magicks? Or if Jade prototyped something weaksauce, would that weaken Jack? Because he appears to be the only thing left standing that can be prototyped, assuming Jade's ring is destroyed.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: June 04, 2010, 12:19:17 pm »

Well, that was undeniably epic. He never fails to top himself each time. Which makes one wonder, what's the last one going to be like?

also, Bro is still awesome. A meteor. wow.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 12:20:51 pm by tehstefan »
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: June 04, 2010, 12:59:02 pm »

I have no idea what's been happening over the last couple of months and I don't really want to know because if I do I'll step back and thing "what the fuck, that's pants-on-head retarded how does this even work?"

But that was a pretty damn sweet medley.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: June 04, 2010, 01:15:30 pm »

Fucking Hussie. Glorious.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: June 04, 2010, 01:25:19 pm »

I am probably just going to rewatch this all day. That, and read the wiki, so I can actually make sense of it. Oh, and turn this into an avatar :

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Why would he even make something that awesome when it's only on the screen for like half a second?

So yeah. The medley, bro, and SQUIDDLES were grand. Becquerel...is a matter of confusion, now as always. The Gods from the Furthest Ring wanted to prevent his creation, putting two apparently helpful (?) forces at odds. And just...god, too much awesome to even absorb. Must rewatch again.
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 3524