Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2277 2278 [2279] 2280 2281 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5133280 times)

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: Majorly Ostensible Carrot Katastrophe
« Reply #34170 on: January 22, 2012, 04:52:28 pm »

MOTHER FUCKING SHIT FANDOM

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34171 on: January 22, 2012, 05:06:22 pm »

Ah, why? Pre-scratch, they weren't related anyway. The only siblings were John+Jade and Rose+Dave. The new kids were just standard paradox clones of themselves, and Dirk+Roxy and Jane+Jake were bred to produce the siblings.

I had to go look that up again, but you are correct. My qualms are now totally averted.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34172 on: January 22, 2012, 06:35:17 pm »

Ah, why? Pre-scratch, they weren't related anyway. The only siblings were John+Jade and Rose+Dave. The new kids were just standard paradox clones of themselves, and Dirk+Roxy and Jane+Jake were bred to produce the siblings.
I had to go look that up again, but you are correct. My qualms are now totally averted.
Unless of course the Alpha universe's ectobiology does the same thing as the Beta's, which would mean that Poppop, Grandma, RoseMom and GuardianDave would be unrelated while two pairs of the Alpha kids would be ectosiblings.

We don't know yet.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #34173 on: January 22, 2012, 06:47:42 pm »

The reason I rule that out is because postScratch John had the same book he did preScratch, and it's flat-out impossible for that to happen in the postScratch universe. Nannasprite can't exist to write a note. That implies that these are copies of the people created way back in that ectobiology session before Descend. How that happened, I don't know, but I expect it's the same process as affected the troll session after their Scratch, but in a sort of reverse (the preScratch trolls weren't spawned in their universe, and it's strongly implied they were created by Karkat, but here the postScratch kids weren't spawned in their universe). Not that we know what that process actually is.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #34174 on: January 22, 2012, 07:38:59 pm »

After looking at these two pages, I'm pretty sure it's actually the exact same book in both universes.  The book must have somehow made its way to the Alpha session ectobiology lab, where it was sent back with Alpha John.  It's hard to tell though, because either way it would be older than the one sent back with Beta John.

Edit: Derp, forgot the links
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 07:48:21 pm by Derekristow »
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34175 on: January 22, 2012, 08:42:54 pm »

After looking at these two pages, I'm pretty sure it's actually the exact same book in both universes.  The book must have somehow made its way to the Alpha session ectobiology lab, where it was sent back with Alpha John.  It's hard to tell though, because either way it would be older than the one sent back with Beta John.

Edit: Derp, forgot the links

It wouldn't be the first time an artifact of one universe showed up in another. Among other things, Dad's hat made it into Aradia's possession before the troll session even started.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34176 on: January 22, 2012, 09:03:44 pm »

So, is this new update, or am I late? No one seems to have commented on it yet.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #34178 on: January 22, 2012, 09:07:54 pm »

13, motherfuckers.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34179 on: January 22, 2012, 09:08:07 pm »

Now that THAT is out of the way.

Man, VirtuaDirk gets more action that RealDirk, it sounds like. Hah!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #34181 on: January 22, 2012, 09:14:33 pm »

Dirk really is no fun.

How the hell is Bro this serious. This is the guy who threw a baby to train him in ninja arts.

Where the fuck is the irresponsible guardian I used to know.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34182 on: January 22, 2012, 09:17:49 pm »

Well, Bro never really said much, so we got to see his actions but we never really understood his motives, and just sort of filled in the blanks with his personality, assuming he was irresponsible.
He sent Jake a potentially deadly robot to train him, so it seems Dirk is more than willing to go Olympic hammer throw on a baby, but he would take it deadly serious.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34183 on: January 22, 2012, 09:25:47 pm »

Dirk really is no fun.

How the hell is Bro this serious. This is the guy who threw a baby to train him in ninja arts.

TG: hes 13yo dirk
TG: why did than not occur to me that is so cute
TG: and makes me feel kinda skeevy 4 sayin anything lascivious @ him
TG: dammit you ruin everything!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remember how Hussie once said Dave was the character most natural for him to write?  He said that when he hadn't decided to make this guy a real character yet.  You read his Tumblr and such right?  This is what you have in store.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34184 on: January 22, 2012, 09:26:57 pm »

Dirk really is no fun.

Where the fuck is the irresponsible guardian I used to know.
The irresponsible guardian you used to know is dead.
He's dead and you'll never get him back.

...I made myself sad...
Pages: 1 ... 2277 2278 [2279] 2280 2281 ... 3524