Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1981 1982 [1983] 1984 1985 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5116165 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: It's at 40% now!!!
« Reply #29730 on: September 24, 2011, 10:44:57 pm »

Everything else that Andrew Hussie has written, including the sentence immediately following the "hatedick" comment, has pointed to external fertilization. Some kind of synthesis of external fertilization and arachnid copulation could, in theory reconcile the two explanations with each other... perhaps if the palpal bulbs became vestigial at some point in their evolution as a result of symbiosis with the mother grubs...

Your response it exactly the kind of things I was talking about. I don't doubt how canonical your explanations are, but man... is this the only break-subject we can come up with? Why not, for example, just why Aradia's dad in fandom is represented often by a (usually human) Midnight Crew member? I never understood that.

Hey! I've brought up other, more appropriate, things. I tried to start a discussion of thematically related literature, starting HERE, but no one seemed to care...

Here's another topic that bears discussion: Is Ace Dick from MSPA Problem Sleuth gay?
He claims that his lady counterpart (which "deep seated mythology ... dictates that any man secretly wishes to have sex with a female version of himself") is actually male because he lacks imagination, but I still think he's gay...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 10:47:33 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29731 on: September 24, 2011, 10:51:43 pm »

Everything else that Andrew Hussie has written, including the sentence immediately following the "hatedick" comment, has pointed to external fertilization. Some kind of synthesis of external fertilization and arachnid copulation could, in theory reconcile the two explanations with each other... perhaps if the palpal bulbs became vestigial at some point in their evolution as a result of symbiosis with the mother grubs...

Your response it exactly the kind of things I was talking about. I don't doubt how canonical your explanations are, but man... is this the only break-subject we can come up with? Why not, for example, just why Aradia's dad in fandom is represented often by a (usually human) Midnight Crew member? I never understood that.

DO you mean a Midnight Crew member from the human game session? Because none of the Midnight Crew members are human in any session; they're mutant chessmen.

No, I mean human interpretations of the Midnight Crew. Which usually turn out to be angry, scruffy middle-aged men.

But yeah, I got no idea what to discuss. I guess it's no big deal to let the thread die until it turns to 42% several days from now.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29732 on: September 24, 2011, 10:52:05 pm »

You know what Bohandas, I think you need to take a quick break, okay?  You're kinda driving this stuff into the ground.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29733 on: September 24, 2011, 10:52:12 pm »

Here's another topic that bears discussion: Is Ace Dick from MSPA Problem Sleuth gay?
Dude, Wifehearst.

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29734 on: September 24, 2011, 10:54:21 pm »

But yeah, I got no idea what to discuss. I guess it's no big deal to let the thread die until it turns to 42% several days from now.
It's hapened more times that one could count. It hasn't killed us off yet.

Why not, for example, just why Aradia's dad in fandom is represented often by a (usually human) Midnight Crew member? I never understood that.
DO you mean a Midnight Crew member from the human game session? Because none of the Midnight Crew members are human in any session; they're mutant chessmen.
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the startlingly prevalent trend in fanart where Diamonds Droog is basically Aradia's surrogate father.
Spoiler: Observe: (click to show/hide)
This trend has evolved to include other pairs; for example, Tavros and Hearts Boxcars.
In fact, here is a good paradigmatic image of the trend in question.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 10:57:55 pm by applesauce machine »
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #29735 on: September 24, 2011, 10:55:57 pm »

Dude, Wifehearst.

Dude, Beardhearst
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29736 on: September 24, 2011, 11:09:09 pm »

I could be evidence that the other two are and he's the only straight one, completely secure with his own masculinity to not need a female analogue. Or it could be a road that will not lead to any good.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 11:20:09 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29737 on: September 24, 2011, 11:11:58 pm »

Dave as the Doc improved my day.

That was a great artdump.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29738 on: September 24, 2011, 11:15:55 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:50:52 am by Ogdibus »

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29739 on: September 24, 2011, 11:32:26 pm »

Well Coach-z is the new voice of Doc Scratch,
I think it would be just ignorant to argue against this/
Thank you based dwarf.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29740 on: September 24, 2011, 11:47:08 pm »

Also new SPAHJ.

And the progress bar is now at 35%

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29741 on: September 24, 2011, 11:58:08 pm »

Also new SPAHJ.
Am I the only one who was reminded of that SBAHJ nonsense that occurred at some point in this thread?

HUSSIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETC.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 12:03:14 am by applesauce machine »
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29742 on: September 25, 2011, 12:02:46 am »

Also new SPAHJ.

Why are Jeff and Bro trolls in the first couple panels, I wonder...  And how ironic that he's asking why anyone gives a shit about gray mutant penises.  It's almost like Hussie is...

Here.

My God he's going backwards in hey wait a cottonpicking minute it doesn't say that.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29743 on: September 25, 2011, 12:04:08 am »

My God he's going backwards in hey wait a cottonpicking minute it doesn't say that.

http://twitter.com/#!/andrewhussie/status/117821625210122240

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29744 on: September 25, 2011, 12:34:35 am »

YES! A NEW SBAHJ!
Time to pick it apart for symbolism.

Clearly, Andrew himself is the squirrel. We are Hella Jeff, mindlessly offering him our money.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 1981 1982 [1983] 1984 1985 ... 3524