Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1601 1602 [1603] 1604 1605 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5118631 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: 2nd Anniversary 4/13/11
« Reply #24030 on: April 17, 2011, 01:48:00 am »

Oh god. Gamzee has Cal.
We're all fucked.
We don't know that Cal doesn't have Gamzee.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #24031 on: April 17, 2011, 01:58:59 am »

... Are there any good Homestuck fanfics folks have to recommend?  I mean actually good and totally awesome, by the way, not just pretty neat.  I'm okay with any characters, subject matter, and pairings, but you of course know some of my favorites <3

I'm checking the list from TVtropes, but I think I trust you guys' judgment a bit better >_>;;
I really like this guy's stuff. Especially this one, which is a kind of surreal imagery heavy thing. Really great.

Would it be inappropriate to pimp myself? I wrote a realist character study of Rose, if you're interested.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24032 on: April 17, 2011, 02:11:02 am »

Spoiler: Oh fuck (click to show/hide)

I have no idea why Stalker: Homestuck fanart is something I wanted, but upon seeing that, I suddenly realize that I do and have.

... Are there any good Homestuck fanfics folks have to recommend?  I mean actually good and totally awesome, by the way, not just pretty neat.  I'm okay with any characters, subject matter, and pairings, but you of course know some of my favorites <3

"Archive of our own" has a few worth reading I guess, but they all come from the MSPAForum proper which kinda... limits the clientele of writers, if you know what I mean.  Searching by word-count produced mostly overly long garbage, but the longest one by a mile is actually kinda good at making some of the more outlandish stuff into sense-like entertainment, on top of actually good dialogue.  It's another one of those "the whole cast is living in the Troll-Lab after the game for no reason" set-ups, which you can take or leave.  To be fair to the concept, it's kinda hard to write continuations of a story when you don't know how the story ends yet, so it's no less pointless and narratively flexible.

There's some old ones on other places I was impressed by, but I wouldn't know how to find them again.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24033 on: April 17, 2011, 02:12:24 am »

I wrote Hellishly creepy stories of The Felt If you want to give that a go. I went up until Quarters because there was nothing I could do with him.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24034 on: April 17, 2011, 02:12:55 am »

OK, I'm confused. Why is the trolls basement Chrono Trigger?
It's a room hussie has used in the past as a Easter egg room for troll flashes.

I did not know that. Upon retrospection, I guess it is entirely appropriate for him to use Chrono Trigger though.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24035 on: April 17, 2011, 02:14:53 am »

Spoiler: Oh fuck (click to show/hide)

I have no idea why Stalker: Homestuck fanart is something I wanted, but upon seeing that, I suddenly realize that I do and have.
I was waiting for somebody to mention this.

Somebody knows us better than we do.

I'm not quite sure I've run across fiction that caters to what Vector wants. The closest would be the terrible ones that imply horrific things in gross detail. Even if they did match what she wanted I wouldn't go back to look for them.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24036 on: April 17, 2011, 02:17:36 am »

I did not know that. Upon retrospection, I guess it is entirely appropriate for him to use Chrono Trigger though.

Am I the only one who owned a Super Nintendo?  The basement room is from Final Fatnasy 3 6, godddam.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24037 on: April 17, 2011, 02:19:18 am »

I knew that too.

Now, I wonder, MORE META?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24038 on: April 17, 2011, 02:21:54 am »

Huh, thanks, dudes.  I actually picked up Hand in Holding Hands myself from the TVtropes list, so it's neat to see a seconding.  I don't I'll freak out too much about the "living in the ectobiology lab together" situation, because it's got to be better than the endless onslaught of "that three years" fic from the Dragonball fandom or "trololololo world meetings" stuff from Hetalia.  Or chain-fic from Death Note, because that got old really fast.

Self-pimping is A-OK ;D

I wrote Hellishly creepy stories of The Felt If you want to give that a go. I went up until Quarters because there was nothing I could do with him.

Coolio, thanks :D  You may see some reviews from me in a while <3

I'm not quite sure I've run across fiction that caters to what Vector wants. The closest would be the terrible ones that imply horrific things in gross detail. Even if they did match what she wanted I wouldn't go back to look for them.

... I have no idea as to what you think I want, but I know what I want is well-written fic that will make me think a little.  Basically, I'm looking for something where I read it and feel something, rather than something I read, then nod and say "okay, that wasn't terrible."

And yeah, if you didn't bookmark 'em or hold on to them, I'm probably not interested.  There's a reason why I'm not heading over the kink meme, because that just looks like it would be an exercise in hurt =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #24039 on: April 17, 2011, 02:28:18 am »

You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24040 on: April 17, 2011, 02:45:46 am »

... I have no idea as to what you think I want, but I know what I want is well-written fic that will make me think a little.  Basically, I'm looking for something where I read it and feel something, rather than something I read, then nod and say "okay, that wasn't terrible."
That's a bit of a tricky thing to hit due to different tastes. One thing I would be captivated by might bore you, where as one thing you find wonderfully complex with a good deal of double and triple meanings(which isn't too hard with this story) may bore me. I was simply working under the assumption of what you said in the happy thread of seeing how things really would play out. Unfortunately that line of thinking gets you Jades First Period, so I'm at a loss.

There was one I liked, but only Aqizzar would be able to find that one for you. A pesterlog account of Terezi right after she was blinded and those who took care of her while she learned how to 'see' again. Perhaps that could fill the feel something requirement.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #24041 on: April 17, 2011, 03:28:30 am »

... Are there any good Homestuck fanfics folks have to recommend?  I mean actually good and totally awesome, by the way, not just pretty neat.

I hope my list satisfies your incredibly vague expectations.

I skewed it mostly towards thrilling series because that's what I'm personally interested in. There are lots of high quality one shots that pop up frequently in the thread, but I can't remember what their names are and I can't be arsed to find them. If that's the sort of thing you're looking for, I'll recommend this author and this one and this one, who are probably the best at writing awesome one shots.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24042 on: April 17, 2011, 07:54:10 am »

Am I the only one who owned a Super Nintendo?  The basement room is from Final Fatnasy 3 6, godddam.

You are not, wished i came earlier to correct them kids. How will they grow if they never played the good rpgs ?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24043 on: April 17, 2011, 08:41:19 am »

As Heat isn't alone on the poll, I obviously had to pick 'Japa' who is second best.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24044 on: April 17, 2011, 08:57:24 am »

Yeah, what's up with the poll options? Why does the number of choices keep shrinking?
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery
Pages: 1 ... 1601 1602 [1603] 1604 1605 ... 3524