Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5126510 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: MSPA: Act 4 coming shortly
« Reply #2205 on: February 11, 2010, 05:56:09 am »

The grist types were defined about a year ago.
All of them? Because I think I missed that.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: February 11, 2010, 01:17:42 pm »

Hmm, I thought he wrote down all the types for Christmas, but I know it was definately when Eggbert was exploring the Alchemiter menus.

Or maybe he just showed us what the future types of grist look like...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: February 11, 2010, 02:28:59 pm »

Hmm, I thought he wrote down all the types for Christmas, but I know it was definately when Eggbert was exploring the Alchemiter menus.

Or maybe he just showed us what the future types of grist look like...

Yeah, there was a menu with a lot of grist symbols, but none of the ones were labeled unless John had already gotten some.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: February 11, 2010, 04:41:01 pm »

Anyway, i decided to write up a plot guide for beginning of act 4 for whoever says the page isn't working for them.

As far as i know, there are three major plot points introduced.

1: John is the heir of breath. Nanna basically says it outright.

2: The way the postal system of the salamander/frog denizens of the Land works. Basically there are these stone plates called mini-tablets. you chisel a picture on their and drop it in a mail tube. You can open any mail tube you like and if something is in there, it's yours to keep. If you find a mini-tablet then it's considered polite to drop the item pictured on the tablet into the mail tube.

3: The Slumbering One. This guy is causing all kinds of trouble for the Land. He and a bunch of imps showed up and clogged their stupid and primitive mail tube pipe system thingy. Then the slumbering one cast a spell trapping the fireflies in the clouds so they can't go home. The fireflies may or may not be important.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: February 11, 2010, 04:53:54 pm »

HOO HOO HOO HOO!

HOO HOO!

HOO!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: February 11, 2010, 05:08:44 pm »

The imps are much more varied now, a cross between the nannaquin, and... whatever rose's sprite is called. So that at least answers whether the kid's sprites influence only their own game, or all of them.

HOO HOO HOO HOO!

HOO HOO!

HOO!
That's about as outright as she gets...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: February 11, 2010, 05:12:15 pm »

Nanna was prototyped after the imps got a piece of John's kernalsprite, so they don't have her characteristics.

I managed to find a PIECE OF AMBER, a ILLEGAL CONTRABAND (frog, apparently), a blank MINITABLET, a CHISEL, and some SEEMINGLY USELESS OBJECTS (all but the last were actual items, the last referring to some weird rocks and mushrooms).  I couldn't do anything with the minitablet and chisel, so I'm guessing John does so later.

I killed an imp with Sylladex weaponization.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: February 11, 2010, 05:44:44 pm »

I killed an imp with Sylladex weaponization.
"Wise Guy" "Sassacre" combo for the win.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: February 12, 2010, 09:27:35 pm »

I don't know if you lot have noticed, but since that slightly crap flash game there have been a lot of updates.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: February 12, 2010, 09:41:55 pm »

I don't know if you lot have noticed, but since that slightly crap flash game there have been a lot of updates.

yeahbutitsjade

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: February 12, 2010, 10:03:28 pm »

yeahbutitsjade
This explains why we really don't care. There could have been a chance of her doing something in those ruins, but she just played around wither her Stylladex.

Dammit Jade!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: February 12, 2010, 10:12:07 pm »

The wind drives your windmill when it wants.

Also, can I have spoilers about what was in the flash game? I can't look at it, so all I know is that John is controlled and the map looks odd. Was John teleported to that landscape when he entered the portal?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: February 12, 2010, 10:13:23 pm »

yeahbutitsjade
This explains why we really don't care. There could have been a chance of her doing something in those ruins, but she just played around wither her Stylladex.

Dammit Jade!

Jade needed to dump all her shit in the ruins so that AR could find it in the future.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: February 12, 2010, 10:15:46 pm »

yeahbutitsjade

Dammit Jade!
Jade needed to dump all her shit in the ruins so that AR could find it in the future.

That could have been established faaar more succinctly.  I know screwing with the reader is part of what makes Hussie a genius, but at some point aggravation is just aggravation.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: February 12, 2010, 10:25:43 pm »

The wind drives your windmill when it wants.

Also, can I have spoilers about what was in the flash game? I can't look at it, so all I know is that John is controlled and the map looks odd. Was John teleported to that landscape when he entered the portal?

When you go through the first gate you actually descend to the planets surface first.  Then I guess the next gate will be upwards.

The second gate is somewhere on the surface of the planet.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 3524