Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1175 1176 [1177] 1178 1179 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5122185 times)

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: [S] Wake.
« Reply #17640 on: January 17, 2011, 01:39:03 am »

This is where you are all wrong. The first death is the good southern gentleman Colonel Sassacre.
How can you forget the death of the most ironically named character in the comic?

Despite his name, he certainly was not.

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17641 on: January 17, 2011, 02:13:44 am »

Alas, poor safe. At least he is now in the wonderful land of Vaulthalla.

Also, to rarborman, Homestuck is best described as what would happen if you took pure, uncut Awesome, then cut it with equal parts Humor and Nightmare Fuel, then ground it up and sacrificed it to the God of Awesomeness, and then took the gift he gave you and used it to kill a bronze colossus. I lost track of my metaphor in there somewhere, but suffice to say, you should read it. You probably won't regret it unless you get far too invested in it like Breadbocks did.
I'm currently making a nice room for my legendary clerk. I always treat my legendaries with the greatest respect, giving them the best rooms and so on. Although the walls are mostly engraved with pictures of my miner starving to death after he fell down a well, so it's not too cheerful.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17642 on: January 17, 2011, 02:15:44 am »

This is where you are all wrong. The first death is the good southern gentleman Colonel Sassacre.
How can you forget the death of the most ironically named character in the comic?

Despite his name, he certainly was not.
I mean in-universe timeline. O'l Safe wasn't even smelted yet.

Those were better days.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #17643 on: January 17, 2011, 02:28:00 am »

But the piano got killed first.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17644 on: January 17, 2011, 02:39:30 am »

Oh snap, Qmarx, taken out by the new reader. How does that feel? You want some ice for that burn?
I'm currently making a nice room for my legendary clerk. I always treat my legendaries with the greatest respect, giving them the best rooms and so on. Although the walls are mostly engraved with pictures of my miner starving to death after he fell down a well, so it's not too cheerful.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17645 on: January 17, 2011, 03:57:09 am »

Jade once again proves to be smarter than she looks.  And vulgar.  It's not that unique of an idea, since the password is basically just drilling for bracketed information like Kanaya and Rose were doing before.  But it's much more direct and funny.  I can only imagine what her passwords are going to be like.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

everyone is a winner
except you, you continue to be dead and disappointing
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #17646 on: January 17, 2011, 06:01:15 am »

I just want to take a moment to offer Serious Props to everyone who is able to keep all this straight. I've read through every single page of this comic, some parts more than once, and I still can never keep track of more than a couple of the most important characters. As for the plot, It's just running around my head in tight, fast circles, spinning me into a dizziness from which I will never recover. I'm pretty sure I'd have to go all the way back through the entire comic with a notebook and some flowcharts and graphs in order to have any idea what's going on right now. And by the time I finished with that, there'd be another ten thousand pages to catch up on...

Even still, it's pretty awesome. I showed some of the flashes to a friend who'd never even heard of the comic and although he had no idea what was going on, he was well aware that he was watching something exceptionally awesome. So I guess I don't really *have* to understand everything that's going on.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #17647 on: January 17, 2011, 06:12:53 am »

I agree Sappho, I just got done reading the entire thing from the start and as soon as I hit certain parts my head went WTF am I reading, but I've got it worked out to the point that I can grasp the plot and story of the characters individually but it is so damn convoluted that it hurts, and makes me laugh.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #17648 on: January 17, 2011, 06:26:57 am »

I tend to just read the story and go along with it, ignoring anything I don't understand. Any gaps in my understanding are easily filled by other readers.

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17649 on: January 17, 2011, 12:11:25 pm »

Gamzee is Lord English. Calling it now.  8)

edit: s...sorry...I...I've been playing Ultima...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 12:28:22 pm by Chutney »

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17650 on: January 17, 2011, 12:17:52 pm »

Lord English.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #17651 on: January 17, 2011, 12:18:25 pm »

Gamzee is Lord British. Calling it now.  8)

So Richard Garriot is Lord English?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17652 on: January 17, 2011, 02:52:25 pm »

I feel like I only read updates so I don't get left behind, even though it's not like I actually make discussion with anything that happens.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17653 on: January 17, 2011, 04:54:48 pm »

Why is the matriorb important now? I wonder why my beloved Kanaya has it out of her modus.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #17654 on: January 17, 2011, 04:58:48 pm »

Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 1175 1176 [1177] 1178 1179 ... 3524