Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5133049 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: EoA 3 is OUT
« Reply #1695 on: January 14, 2010, 10:40:56 pm »

Is the cat avatar male or female?  Because it's made of a Princess doll and a cat named Jasper.

The Harlequin was male, but we ended up with a female Nannaquin from the ashes. So it seems reasonable to assume the 'mind' prototype is what sets the gender.

Plus it's a tentacle monster; they're always male.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: January 14, 2010, 10:52:30 pm »

I'm reminded of the loading bar in Auto Assault.

"Hiding secret of the universe..."
"Do Not Trust The Antelope..."
"Stamen has a slow car..." (Stamen was an admin)
"Wiping elf paste from tires..."
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: January 14, 2010, 10:57:03 pm »

I think its a reference to sim cities loading bar.

Sburb seems kind of like a reference to that game anyway.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: January 14, 2010, 11:36:29 pm »

I don't know why everybody doesn't like my perfectly good name of Eldritch Pussycat.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: January 15, 2010, 01:46:46 am »

It implies things.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: January 15, 2010, 03:21:28 am »

OH GOD GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: January 15, 2010, 04:43:23 am »

It implies things.

...not before you said that.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: January 15, 2010, 04:44:13 am »

It implies things.

Meeeaooowhh.

Also; Act 3 officially ends. It would appear that John is on a heavily industrialised blue city world wreathed in gray clouds.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: January 15, 2010, 04:59:09 am »

Is the cat avatar male or female?  Because it's made of a Princess doll and a cat named Jasper.

The Harlequin was male, but we ended up with a female Nannaquin from the ashes. So it seems reasonable to assume the 'mind' prototype is what sets the gender.

This confuses me a little.  Is "mind" prototype the one that's made of living (at some point) material?  What if you put in two organic things?  Or is it the second prototyping that determines the "mind"?  Because the Nannaquin was just a harlequin first, and it was trying to communicate.

And for that matter, the Eldritch Pussycat is made of two things that never talked.  Yes I know Jasper told Rose his secrets and such, but when I was four years old my cats could talk too.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: January 15, 2010, 05:09:33 am »

Oh, you too?

It implies things.

Your cunning has uncovered my plot.

EDIT: SO, as unlikely as this is to have not been mentioned yet, is it possible that Nannaquin cannot predict the future, and is simply retroactively planting notes and clues via time travel? The note to John explained nothing that she and John didn't already know, but did hint at things to come, and of course she only just wrote the note then chucked it into the void, into a possible state of TIME MACHINE OF SOME SORT POSSIBLY PERHAPS? Things she can find out and then tell him?

SHENANIGANS.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 05:30:59 am by Jackrabbit »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: January 15, 2010, 05:34:08 am »

This confuses me a little.  Is "mind" prototype the one that's made of living (at some point) material?  What if you put in two organic things?  Or is it the second prototyping that determines the "mind"?  Because the Nannaquin was just a harlequin first, and it was trying to communicate.

And for that matter, the Eldritch Pussycat is made of two things that never talked.  Yes I know Jasper told Rose his secrets and such, but when I was four years old my cats could talk too.

I would imagine the 'mind' prototype is the living one yes.

Ovbiously we'll find out when Andrew posts moar, but based on trends and observation so far, the 'body' prototype delinates overall physical shape, while the 'mind' prototype delinates mentality. Ovbiously there's a bit of bleeding (nana head, cat head, nana is kind of clowny now, although she may have been that way in the past, who knows.)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: January 15, 2010, 05:36:28 am »

It could be that the thing defining the 'mind' prototype is that which has the most intelligence, because it seems that the 'body' and 'mind' can be done either with the mind first or the body.

But that's just a guess. We'll have to wait and see.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: January 15, 2010, 05:40:48 am »

Maybe it's the insomnia talking, but while I was sitting here pondering that, I was looking around my bedroom at things that could qualify as prototyping material.  I'd hope it'd be my giant Knuckles plushie or Cobra Commander action figure or a Lego man or something.  Knowing my luck it would hit the Camel cigarettes lamp.  But the only things in my house that would qualify for vaguely living would be an old pork chop or a dead cockroach.  Good thing I didn't get in on the beta.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: January 15, 2010, 05:44:49 am »

I would throw in a Space Marine Dreadnought model and then my dog, living or no.

I know how Space Wolves that would be, but it's a desperate situation and I'm not foregoing firepower like that (okay, let's just assume it'd work that way here) because of some deep seated hatred of a fictional faction.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: January 15, 2010, 05:52:22 am »

Probably end up with a box containing my cats ashes, and then a warhammer dwarf bezerker. Desperate times call for awesome measures, after all.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 3524