Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5132781 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: EoA 3 is OUT
« Reply #1665 on: January 14, 2010, 07:25:56 pm »

Amazing. Awesome. Fantastic. All far too small words to describe how awesome that update was. Perhaps it was the music, which was amazing, or the animation, another great, or even the timing, which was superb. However, I'm sure its all three which makes this probably one of the best things I've seen yet. Amazing. Act four's got a lot to live up to.
...is it just me getting the music ending and then cutting back to somewhere in the middle like four separate times? 'cause that doesn't feel like good timing.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: January 14, 2010, 07:31:22 pm »

Hieroglyphics!

I don't have yonder music problem kobold.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: January 14, 2010, 07:33:06 pm »

I wonder why John abandoned the CosbyTop.  It just goes flying.

That's because he captchalogued his father's fedora after socking that imp in the jaw.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: January 14, 2010, 07:33:20 pm »

My music is smooth through-out aswell.
I like how non-caring Dave is, but we really know he is.

EDIT:

OK, dudes.  I just saw something.  Rose's house is hit by a small meteor before the big one comes.  Let me snap a picture.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 07:38:36 pm by ToonyMan »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: January 14, 2010, 07:41:09 pm »

Now then, no speculation about any of that flowery crap in Jade's temple?

Sure... it's a lotus.  That's a symbol of death and rebirth, as well as purity.

It also confirms the idea that her element is earth.

Okay, I now understand the bottle.  It's the equivalent of the vanishing tree that gave John the apple thing that transportalized him from under the meteor.  Which later became that giant white Skaia tree with the helicopter apple.  Rose's spawns or reveals a giant white bottle, which the rocket can the Mayor rode in was actually the cork of.  I don't really like the ironclad symmetry of everything, but at least it makes stuff easy to discern.

Yup.  Symbolically, both cases are supposed to signify the start of a journey (oddly, they're also attached to the idea of marriage).  John eats from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil and has to leave his childhood Eden with... well, whoever Eve is.  Then Rose breaks a bottle on the roof of her house, which either means "My house is a ship and I'm starting a journey" or "I'm breaking the wine jug and embarking on married life."

Might be reading into it a bit deeply, there.

[PPE]:
7 symbols, repeating in an infinite pattern -> I'm willing to bet that that's just window dressing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: January 14, 2010, 07:46:08 pm »

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I hope, ah, Mom wasn't in that room.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: January 14, 2010, 07:47:18 pm »

She wasn't obviously.  That was the bar/bedroom that blew up after Jade appearified in there, remember?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: January 14, 2010, 07:48:18 pm »

Are you sure it was a meteorite?  The ceiling might have just collapsed due to structural failure.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: January 14, 2010, 07:49:44 pm »

She wasn't obviously.  That was the bar/bedroom that blew up after Jade appearified in there, remember?

Well, I want to know where the hell she is.  She wasn't in the EoA 3.  Where is she?  Rose would have run into her by now.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: January 14, 2010, 07:49:58 pm »

Seven? I count ten, one of which is (not quite) clearly the Skaia logo.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: January 14, 2010, 07:50:34 pm »

People have also speculated that the objects are a symbol of defiance to their parents habits. John eating a healthy apple while his father makes sugary baked goods, and Rose breaking a bottle while her mom is a heavy drinker.
Maybe Dave will get some Shakespeare in defiance against his bro's sleazy puppets.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: January 14, 2010, 08:32:54 pm »

Why can't real installers be like this? It's a cool-looking, changing Spirograph, with awesome music to go with it. Instead we get "Loading... Loading... Loading..." or something similar.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #1677 on: January 14, 2010, 08:33:55 pm »

Protecting diamond boilers.
formalizing immersion joints.
judging chalk adapters.
Transforming soffits.
Advising aggregates.
Exhibiting absolute spigots.
Piloting ash diffusers.
Achieving aluminum trowels
building surface foggers.
Recommending ratchets.
Informing casters.
Inventing rubber hoists.
Jerry-building reflectors.

Actually, I think it is a copy of the earlier one, that someone has (decompiled? Or maybe just manually typed it?) and posted the entire list.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Eh?
Eh!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: January 14, 2010, 08:34:16 pm »

Okay, I now understand the bottle.  It's the equivalent of the vanishing tree that gave John the apple thing that transportalized him from under the meteor.  Which later became that giant white Skaia tree with the helicopter apple.  Rose's spawns or reveals a giant white bottle, which the rocket can the Mayor rode in was actually the cork of.  I don't really like the ironclad symmetry of everything, but at least it makes stuff easy to discern.

Watching Enter again, there's so many little jokes to catch the second time.  I wonder why John abandoned the CosbyTop.  It just goes flying.  And among the tools Strider uses drawing his comic is a "Quality" slider.  He sets it to 0.

It's from GIMP.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: January 14, 2010, 08:34:53 pm »

Oh God yes. This is everything. Absolutely everything I could hope for.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 3524