Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1085 1086 [1087] 1088 1089 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5128701 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Rise up, Thief of Light!
« Reply #16290 on: December 31, 2010, 06:45:53 am »

Well, I honestly didn't expect that one. When they went upstairs I figured it was going to be Halleysprite. This is pretty equally weird.

Also, Troll Andrew Hussie is watching you.

Who happens to be mind-controlled by Vriska.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16291 on: December 31, 2010, 06:56:41 am »

So, uh... Does this mean that when she's asleep, she'll become a magic teleporting dog? What if she killed her real!self? Would dreamjadebecsprite ascend to the god tiers?

Well, most likely we'll never find out because she sends the sprite to fight Jack and it dies. >:[

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16292 on: December 31, 2010, 07:07:12 am »

You have to love the blended up metaphors at work here.  The author has stated repeatedly that "growing up" and "coming of age" motifs are littered all over the story.  Instead of the classic award-bait novel trope of the beloved dog dieing, it's pretty much everything else.  After all the early teasing about Jade putting down her devilbeast dog, first the dog unwittingly puts the old man out of his befuddlement, saving Jade's life.  Then Jade "kills" her beloved dog, by overwriting his essence within the sprite with her own transdimensional corpse.  Shit be getting twisted.

But this really answers a lot of other questions too.  It's now become abundantly clear what Karkat was so pissed off about since we first met him last year.  Through a series of unfortunate shenanigans, Jack is teleporting around murdering people.  Rose, with some possible assistance, came up with the brilliant plan of taking a suicide sailing trip across nonspace to destroy the probable source of his power, if the histrionic physics even works that way.  She needs more time than Jack is going to give her.

Jade is going to buy that time by creating the Scratch, and dumping Jack into the Trolls' session, where he's already on a rampage and may even acquire another ring or something.  Jade is going to arrive at this idea by asking her sprite about it.  I was half-expecting that Becsprite would just remain as such forever, but obviously Jade had to do something to make it speak intelligibly.  What she winds up doing is creating a being guided by: A) the hardcoded sprite-essence that wants her to play the broken game as it was meant to be, B) a bemusedly omniscient dog made from the combined DNA of Lassie and the whispering of sky-monsters, and C) her own self, complete with all the doofiness she's struck by when asleep.

And she wants to ask that thing for its advice on how to deal with Jack and facilitate Rose's already dangerous plan.  The game really was doomed from the start.  The greatest danger of two universes was created by the very objects that were supposed to stop him, and two universes will probably be destroyed in the process of really stopping him, and it's anyone's guess what lies on the other side of that desperate plan.  No wonder Karkat's been so enraged this whole time, all this doom will be Jade's fault in one way or another.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16293 on: December 31, 2010, 08:21:59 am »

I want to say something about the update, I really do.

But motherfuck, the fanart thread is still filled with at least one godmode Vriska a page. I have enough to make another hate-dump at this rate.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16294 on: December 31, 2010, 08:30:42 am »

HOOOOOLYYY SHIT THAT LOOKS FREAKY!

seriously that is the freakiest thing i have seen this YEAR, including the duttle. I have no idea why i think that but i really mean it.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16295 on: December 31, 2010, 08:34:18 am »

You mean Jadesprite or the horrible fanart from the past few pages? Or my freakish hate that'll one day manifest into a physical form and fight some stupid-looking kids at the end of a JRPG for no reason?
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16296 on: December 31, 2010, 08:37:49 am »

Jadesprite
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 10:59:15 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16297 on: December 31, 2010, 08:38:27 am »

What she winds up doing is creating a being guided by: A) the hardcoded sprite-essence that wants her to play the broken game as it was meant to be, B) a bemusedly omniscient dog made from the combined DNA of Lassie and the whispering of sky-monsters, and C) her own self, complete with all the doofiness she's struck by when asleep.

Don't forget the corruptive influence of Draconian Dignitary, who was guided by Vriska while making the dog. Yeah, the universe is in great hands. ::)

Well, Karkat seemed to have calmed down a bit in the future. I think he was collaborating with the humans on the Rift. I'm confident that once these silly children get the weird time shit out of the way and start cooperating, they'll have no trouble defeating the boss and saving paradox space. Of course, they'll first have to defeat Vriska's machinations and whatever Eridan's subplot turns out to be, find out why Aradia exploded, get Karkat to calm down, resolve all the unresolved romantic tension and find the fountain of cute. All the while evading the insanely powerful teleporting dog trying to murder everyone.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #16298 on: December 31, 2010, 08:44:13 am »

I wonder how much fanart Becjadefurrysprite is going to generate. And did anybody not see this coming? At all? We were probably predicting this from the time Dream Jade was killed ::)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16299 on: December 31, 2010, 08:46:03 am »

All I know is, there is a furry thread on the MSPA art forums, and I have had the honor of never entering it. And I never will.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16300 on: December 31, 2010, 08:48:20 am »

This is one of the things I figured might happen, but I wasn't really expecting this specifically.

Man, I love the furry thread. I have it open in a tab right now. :P

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16301 on: December 31, 2010, 09:13:49 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ye gods.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16302 on: December 31, 2010, 09:14:23 am »

Sweet Sis and Hella Jane?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16303 on: December 31, 2010, 11:13:06 am »

Jadequerel? Jadesprite? Becade? The hell do we call this thing?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16304 on: December 31, 2010, 11:16:29 am »

Becade sounds like some MSPA-themed soft drink.

Jadesprite sounds the best, really.
Pages: 1 ... 1085 1086 [1087] 1088 1089 ... 3524