Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1045 1046 [1047] 1048 1049 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5126587 times)

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: KILL ME
« Reply #15690 on: December 22, 2010, 02:27:58 pm »

Well, I've been looking over some of Andrew's posts about what's happening over at the MSPA forums. Judging by what he's said, fatal injuries to the physical body also effect the dreamself, the quest bed has nothing to do with it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 02:29:32 pm by Diablous »
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #15691 on: December 22, 2010, 02:47:19 pm »

Everyone knows that the Secret Wizard is Lord English.

Don't you mean Serket wizard?
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15692 on: December 22, 2010, 02:48:41 pm »

It looks like realself-injuries slowly bleed over into the dreamself, but with a slight time delay (hence why Vriska's dreamself is steadily getting bloodier and bloodier after her realself was beaten almost to death).  However, if the injuries do not match with your personal desires, and are not lethal, the dreamself can EVENTUALLY recover from said injuries (Tavros and Vriska both woke up in unharmed dreamselves after a significant amount of time had passed from their initial, nonlethal injuries, but Terezi is still blind because she wants to be).  Once "resurrection" is triggered, either by dying on a Quest Bed or through Witch of Life style shenanigans, the dreamself's injuries are wiped clean and the dreamself "officially" becomes the new body. 

Of course, Andrew also explicitly stated that he wanted to keep the mechanics fairly vague, but this looks like the explanation that's most consistent with the explanatory posts he made. 
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: [S] JOHN. RISE UP.
« Reply #15693 on: December 22, 2010, 02:50:16 pm »

This would have been more ossum if you hadn't copy-pasted the thing to make it longer.

Wouldn't have emphasized the continuing paradox nature of the whole shebang as well :P The eternal cycle of some things in this damn comic is nuts.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: K8LL M8
« Reply #15694 on: December 22, 2010, 03:02:18 pm »

I don't care if my theory on real!self-dream!self injury propagation is true or not.

It's true for me.

:|

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #15695 on: December 22, 2010, 03:10:19 pm »

I think injuries only transfer if your dreamself is awake.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #15696 on: December 22, 2010, 03:17:45 pm »

Perhaps the reason Vriska won't manipul8 Tavros into killing her is because she can't. My thoughts on Ascension requirements:

Die on Quest Sleeping Device (Vriska needed to be moved)
-Killing blow dealt on Quest Sleeping Device (Vriska doesn't want to bleed out)
-Killing blow dealt by someone else (Vriska doesn't commit suicide on the quest bed earlier/Dave can't kill alternate Dave on Quest Bed)
-Decision to kill is made by killer without psychic influence (Vriska can't Manipul8 Tavros into killing her)
Living and awake dreamself (Just a guess here)

Why the hell would Vriska give Tavros a choice unless to serve herself? It's unlike her to do that.

Also, it would be so Hussnasty to build up to this and then not reveal the result; when he finally does so, it won't be Vriska.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #15697 on: December 22, 2010, 03:49:12 pm »

Kinda off topic, but the top banner ads are now going for apparently 152 dollars. My god.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #15698 on: December 22, 2010, 03:53:16 pm »

Why the hell would Vriska give Tavros a choice unless to serve herself? It's unlike her to do that.

Not necessarily. Vriska's been a horrible, manipulative person all her life, but this is in the middle of the troll arc, when it at least appeared like she was willing to change.

She doesn't want to manipulate Tavros to do anything, because, for one, how does that help Tavros? and two, she wants friends who will do things for her willingly and freely, instead of having to resort to mind control to get what she wants.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15699 on: December 22, 2010, 03:56:39 pm »

Is there something ambiguous about the result? Quoth Vriska:
I won't make you do it. This is up to you. Here's your chance!
8ut do it fast, ok? Please don't make me 8leed to death slowly.

And we saw earlier that she later says to Tavros:
You couldn't even do the one little thing I asked you to! The one thing that would have made you man up once and for all.
So instead you flew away and cried, and decided to sleep away your sorrow for the rest of the adventure.

It seems pretty obvious to me that Tavros will fly away and cry and Vriska will 8leed to death slowly.

Then again, it also seemed pretty obvious to me that the indestructible demon that messed up the troll session was the indestructible demon known as Lord English, and that has been confirmed as deliberately left unconfirmed.

As for why she doesn't just force Tavros into stabbing her, well, I think having a crush on him is reason enough. She wants Tavros to man up, be strong, and commit his own murders.

EDIT: DAWNING REALIZATION
Which is kind of what he's doing in the future. ._.
I know she's since moved on to John, and then moved on to Nick Cage, but I can't shake the feeling that if Tavros ever gets to Vriska's lair, there's going to be more kissing.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 04:00:49 pm by Soadreqm »

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile
« Reply #15700 on: December 22, 2010, 04:02:02 pm »

And we saw earlier that she later says to Tavros:
You couldn't even do the one little thing I asked you to! The one thing that would have made you man up once and for all.
So instead you flew away and cried, and decided to sleep away your sorrow for the rest of the adventure.

It seems pretty obvious to me that Tavros will fly away and cry and Vriska will 8leed to death slowly.
I had assumed the one little thing she asked him to do was to kiss her, or at least do something, when she was in her weird fairy outfit. This makes more sense though, I suppose, since here she's actually asking him to do something.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15701 on: December 22, 2010, 04:22:28 pm »

EDIT: DAWNING REALIZATION
Which is kind of what he's doing in the future. ._.
I know she's since moved on to John, and then moved on to Nick Cage, but I can't shake the feeling that if Tavros ever gets to Vriska's lair, there's going to be more kissing.
Your theory is my theory.
Together, we shall be theory brothers.
No exceptions.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15702 on: December 22, 2010, 04:39:42 pm »

The proxy war with the humans is to get at eachother.
 It is also to make their boyfriends jealous/interesting.

Edit: Vriska never had a choice on whether to attain the god-tiers or not. Aradia decided for her, as Vriska would never have decided to do it herself. Thus Make Her Pay, forcing her to go through this even if she didn't want to.
 Similarly Vriska forced John to go through with it. While he did have a choice to go on the bed, she misled him and never told him that he had to die to go through with it. And where Aradia likely did this to Vriska because they needed somebody in the God-Tiers to defeat the Black King, Vriska did this for their proxy-war, and to be the center of everything.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 04:52:23 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #15703 on: December 22, 2010, 05:49:22 pm »

The proxy war with the humans is to get at eachother.

Edit: Vriska never had a choice on whether to attain the god-tiers or not. Aradia decided for her, as Vriska would never have decided to do it herself. Thus Make Her Pay, forcing her to go through this even if she didn't want to.
 Similarly Vriska forced John to go through with it. While he did have a choice to go on the bed, she misled him and never told him that he had to die to go through with it. And where Aradia likely did this to Vriska because they needed somebody in the God-Tiers to defeat the Black King, Vriska did this for their proxy-war, and to be the center of everything.

The grammar gods would laugh at you.
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15704 on: December 22, 2010, 05:55:45 pm »

Are you implying that Vriska created Bec Noir to make Tavros pay attention to him? This is the best theory ever. :D
Pages: 1 ... 1045 1046 [1047] 1048 1049 ... 3524