Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1036 1037 [1038] 1039 1040 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5125020 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: [S] JOHN. RISE UP.
« Reply #15555 on: December 21, 2010, 02:27:49 am »

In a reality he is known to have marked for predation,

It couldn't be any clearer what his motives are.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15556 on: December 21, 2010, 02:31:14 am »

I don't remember anything saying Lrd English ate planets, or universes. The phrasing of everything about Lord English is pointedly vague, built to sound nefarious, without actually saying that he wants to kill things or destroy.

Broken Record is go. I reiterate because "a universe he is known to have marked for predation" is a really roundabout way of implying that he wants to destroy or consume the universe, without saying what or how or why he wants this. I leave it for future plot twists to illustrate in what sense Hussie meant "predation".

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #15557 on: December 21, 2010, 02:37:47 am »

I think the supporting evidence suggests that Dave is Lrd English, and Lrd English is not as bad as initially thought.

If you can find conclusive evidence that proves Lrd English is evil, I think you've broken the theory, as it is likely untenable that Dave could just up and turn into a bad guy- a notion I rejected with just a little bit more thought on the matter.

And even if all the evidence suggests that Lrd English is Good and Dave, it doesn't mean that that is how the story will go. I just find it odd that there are so many intersections between (Doomed) Dave's powers/styles and Lrd English's.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 02:39:27 am by TheBroodyMoods »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #15558 on: December 21, 2010, 02:52:01 am »

Broken Record is go. I reiterate because "a universe he is known to have marked for predation" is a really roundabout way of implying that he wants to destroy or consume the universe, without saying what or how or why he wants this. I leave it for future plot twists to illustrate in what sense Hussie meant "predation".

Quote from: Same page
He has the entire cadaver of the expired universe to pick apart at his whim.

Word choice, dude.

Cadaver + Predation = OM NOM NOM NOM

What other motivation is necessary other than he's hungry and universes are the only things that satisfy him?

If you can find conclusive evidence that proves Lord English is evil, I think you've broken the theory,

He eats universes, for fuck's sake! What more could you possibly want?

I mean, come on. There's an entity out there that wants to consume the entirety of creation and you're contemplating him not being evil, and even better, that he's originally one of the heroes of the story, twisted into some weird demon solely based on the suit he's wearing, and then that he might possibly want to be ultimately helpful?

Not only is that ridiculous it's inconsistent with itself. If Lord English is a good guy, and wants to be helpful? Who's he going to be helpful against? Who is he going to fight with his incredible power and talents?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15559 on: December 21, 2010, 03:01:08 am »

Lord English does not eat universes, he eats the corpses of universes.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #15560 on: December 21, 2010, 03:03:01 am »

What do you people want from me?

Either way, Lord English isn't good news.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15561 on: December 21, 2010, 03:06:03 am »

Either side of the argument is based on assumptions. It's good to recognize this. Just supporting an alternate way of looking at things, because it's fun to take guesses at how Mr. Hussie is going to screw with our expectations next.

Regardless, Jim, the only way to settle this is with fisticuffs. Roll up your shirt sleeves; Queensburry rules.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #15562 on: December 21, 2010, 03:10:18 am »

The only thing that will settle is your face in the dirt.

Oh ho!

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15563 on: December 21, 2010, 03:17:34 am »

If you can find conclusive evidence that proves Lord English is evil, I think you've broken the theory,
Blowflies eat humans.

Yet, they are not evil.

Rather than let the corpses of abandoned universes pile up in paradox space, choking out the living ones, Lord English consumes them.  Without his valuable service to the metacology, soon life would become impossible in this and every other universe.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15564 on: December 21, 2010, 03:35:49 am »

Quote from: Same page
He has the entire cadaver of the expired universe to pick apart at his whim.

Word choice, dude.

Cadaver + Predation = OM NOM NOM NOM

What other motivation is necessary other than he's hungry and universes are the only things that satisfy him?

I mean, come on. There's an entity out there that wants to consume the entirety of creation and you're contemplating him not being evil, and even better, that he's originally one of the heroes of the story, twisted into some weird demon solely based on the suit he's wearing, and then that he might possibly want to be ultimately helpful?

Not only is that ridiculous it's inconsistent with itself. If Lord English is a good guy, and wants to be helpful? Who's he going to be helpful against? Who is he going to fight with his incredible power and talents?

Why would Doc Scratch work for someone who wants to eat his planet that he's protecting? Also, why were his men fighting Alternia Jack Noir.

As Solifuge pointed out, these words sound sinister but only by implication. There are no specifics. This comic has been all about themes, recursion, hiding fun hints in previous posts. You're hinged on the shady wording of a single panel.

Predation:
1: the act of preying or plundering : depredation.
2: a mode of life in which food is primarily obtained by the killing and consuming of animals.

There is plenty of wiggle room in this one word; it does not mean, exclusively, that he plans to eat it. And he doesn't kill the universe, he only shows up at the end.

Supporting Evidence:

1. Recursion of themes and powers: Dave's lime suit, and his powers. Also, the Midnight Crew MSPA comic that Dave was following, which possibly served as the motivation there of. He is also sleeping on his Quest Bed, which gives him his God Tier, whilst in the Kiwi Suit.
2. The Felt fought Alternian Session Noir; it means they were the good guys (possibly, but keep in mind Noir would have usurped the throne and killed the Trolls).
3. Doc Scratch is working for Lord English, who if he ate planets would be totally contrary to purpose.
4. Rose wants to help the Outer Gods, who are being massacred, Explained here and they had been guiding her in her goal in deconstructing the game. I had assumed earlier something about trying to attack Skaia, and I will search for where those suspicions came from in the first place at some other time.
5. DAVESPRITE is proof that a tangent Dave doesn't just up and die. Doomed Dave is not Doomed Dave just because Terzei says so.
6. The controller that released Lord English is the exact same one as Rose's GameFAQs server, just a different color. Which activates on the condition that the Universe Dies, doesn't cause it to die. In fact, through the Exiled Black Queen, Snowman recruited by Doc Scratch, helped keep The Midnight Crew from doing the same to the Alternian session.
7. The Demon is already here; the Demon has time travel powers.
8. The true nature of just about everything in this comic has been previously hidden from us as viewers, and Andrew Hussie ups and hands us a definitive villain with vague, nefarious wordings? I don't buy that. This is Meta evidence, and should be ignored.
9. There are overlapping themes to suggest that The Hivebent and Homestuck sessions created one another mutually; this is a seperate theory I have called the MOBIUS DOUBLE REACHAROUND theory. I think, that God Tier Dave/Lord English helps the Trolls by alerting them to Noir's schemes.

Outside of the single panel you've sighted, tell me where it EXPLICITLY says Lord English is evil, or nefarious- as I maintain that the source you sited is vague, and a rouse to make us suspect Lord English of being a villain without saying he is one. Where does it ever say that Lord English has done anything nefarious?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 03:44:14 am by TheBroodyMoods »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #15565 on: December 21, 2010, 03:39:03 am »

I don't care.

Hey, look, funny update.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15566 on: December 21, 2010, 03:44:54 am »

Even near-death Vriska manages to be murderously terrifying. Well, to Tavros, at least.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15567 on: December 21, 2010, 03:47:50 am »

I don't care.

Hey, look, funny update.

I CARE! >:0

... and I saw it. :)

But no, I'm not convinced I am right; I'm just have yet to be convinced I am wrong. So, if I am right, you all owe me Taco Bell. If I am wrong, Sushi for everyone*!

*= for everyone within the immediate tri-room area.

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15568 on: December 21, 2010, 05:33:25 am »

Huh. so Vriska mind-controlled Tavros' arm? Why didn't she just manipulate him into picking her up in the first place?

United Forenia Forever!

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15569 on: December 21, 2010, 08:58:13 am »

Dave is Lord English? Well, between Jack Noir, Peregrine Mendicant, Vriska Serket, Grandpa Harley and Falkor, I guess it's possible. I really don't see Dave employing the Felt, though.

As for the recent updates, Terezi is terrifying and Vriska is badass. :o
What do you think that little thing Tavros couldn't do for her was? She ascended, so that means he successfully located the Quest Bed. Maybe she asked him to kill her, and he refused, and she had to either fully mind control him or just wait and bleed to death?
Pages: 1 ... 1036 1037 [1038] 1039 1040 ... 3524