Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 989 990 [991] 992 993 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5127775 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Vriska=Aizen?!
« Reply #14850 on: December 15, 2010, 02:22:08 pm »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14851 on: December 15, 2010, 02:26:14 pm »

To those people talking about a possible flash, there will probably be one today. The 612th day of Homestuck from April 13 is December 16th.

Yeah, I'm pretty fucking stupid.  Flash inbound alright.  It'll be the Vriska Climax, probably.

And lest anyone somehow forget, six months and twelve days from June 12th (beginning of Hivebent) is December 24th.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14852 on: December 15, 2010, 02:28:28 pm »

And lest anyone somehow forget, six months and twelve days from June 12th (beginning of Hivebent) is December 24th.
Given that there's going to be a flash soon, I imagine that will be the release date of Volume 6. Then again, given how frequent flashes are becoming...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #14853 on: December 15, 2010, 02:29:28 pm »

To those people talking about a possible flash, there will probably be one today. The 612th day of Homestuck from April 13 is December 16th.

Yeah, I'm pretty fucking stupid.  Flash inbound alright.  It'll be the Vriska Climax, probably.

It's almost as though there's a rigourous plan to when he releases the updates, rather than the mad, rushed, 'up when it's done' approach people had assumed.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Benevolence

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #14854 on: December 15, 2010, 02:33:00 pm »

The two are not necessarily mutually exclusive. He could have a rigorous plan about when certain updates are released while just throwing them out when they're finished when there's nothing super special huge going on.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14855 on: December 15, 2010, 02:35:05 pm »

Vriska isn't a Mary Sue - mostly because none of the other character's in the strip like here aside from the ones that don't know her. In fact, most of the character's seem to treat her like a necessary evil. I doubt most would care if she was killed.

Sollux, despite his somewhat depressing nature, actually seems well liked, AND he gets the girl, all while being super powered! He represents both what so many geeks want to be in addition to being enough like them to be sympathetic.

Vriska is spending a lot of time building herself up, making herself look big... but the bigger they are... and she's. just. so. stupid.

She doesn't plan. She doesn't think ahead at all. And I really believe that she has absolutely no idea what she's getting herself into.

Her success thus far is down almost solely to her endless if pointless ambition and a surplus of extreme luck - and there are plenty of real life, realistic character who got into amazingly important positions in the same exact way. And in the process she has alienated anyone that would care about her enough to help her should that luck ever run out.

Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't say "Mary Sue" to me. It COULD become a Mary Sue, but it isn't there yet (and I don't think it will turn in that direction)

Also, I just totally discovered that konquerer allows you to have two... windows?... I don't even know what to call it anymore. Two somethings open in the same tab, side by side. Crazy.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 02:37:58 pm by GlyphGryph »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14856 on: December 15, 2010, 02:38:54 pm »

Sollux gets the girl?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14857 on: December 15, 2010, 02:41:42 pm »

Sollux gets the girl?

Dude, he can't get Feferi off of him.  He totally won the End of the World lotto, for an awkward self-abusive temperamental recluse.

I think the main reason that Sollux gets a pass where Vriska doesn't is that reactions to neither of them have to do with "power" or possessions or whatever.  It's attitude and exposure.  Sollux is a kinda cool guy under all that melodrama, and he knows when to shut up.  We've been getting Vriska crammed down our throats since she was introduced, and there's nothing she loves more than talking about herself.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14858 on: December 15, 2010, 02:42:58 pm »

Sollux gets the girl?
Dude, he can't get Feferi off of him.  He totally won the End of the World lotto, for an awkward self-abusive temperamental recluse.
As I recall, Feferi is now D-------EAD.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14859 on: December 15, 2010, 02:47:52 pm »

Sollux gets the girl?
As I recall, Feferi is now D-------EAD.

Feferi's dreamself is dead, but I don't think Feferi is actually dead as in you lost your last life, game over. Besides the bit where Feferi said that is probably just Jade having a nightmare.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14860 on: December 15, 2010, 02:48:40 pm »

No, you see, Timey Wimey Stuff.

There's probably lots of dead Feferi's floating around. In the future. Maybe even in the past. And they all go hang out in the Outer Ring. :P

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14861 on: December 15, 2010, 02:51:15 pm »

Timey Wimey? :P

We still don't really know for sure that Feferi is dead in the trolls alpha timeline.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14862 on: December 15, 2010, 02:52:18 pm »

And remember, the most defining aspect of a Mary Sue is that they need to be the center of attention all the time. That is basically what Hussie planned for the character to be, the one who had to be the center of everything and involved in everything. We can't really decide who Hussie likes the most because he is one coy bastard, but all the other signs are there.
 If Vriska goes through an event that is purely negative to her without any advantages given other than the empathy of others or her own personal growth then I'll write her off as a decent character. Otherwise I'm gonna have to defend the Mary Sue standpoint.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14863 on: December 15, 2010, 02:55:57 pm »

Can we not get another term to use?  "Mary Sue" is another one of those titles that was worn out the second time someone said it.  Anyway, I submit that the key is being the center of attention all the time for no good reason.  Vriska is the center of attention for two good reasons: A) because she does crazy shit, and B) because she makes herself such.  And everyone inside and outside the story hates her for it, as opposed to obsequiously stepping out of her way or just ignoring the fact.

There's probably lots of dead Feferi's floating around. In the future. Maybe even in the past. And they all go hang out in the Outer Ring. :P

My theory is, Jade's finally having real dreams, or nightmares rather, for the first time in her life.  Feferi is probably just fine.  Heck, she's practically hanging out with relatives when she sleeps.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14864 on: December 15, 2010, 02:56:21 pm »

I think she's meant to mock Mary Sues.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 989 990 [991] 992 993 ... 3524