Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5126581 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Act 3 is almost over guys
« Reply #1290 on: December 31, 2009, 06:01:44 pm »

Also, he captchalogued (to 0) Muppet Rump Pile. back on Ascend to Highest. Surely he can get rid of that!

Else, equip the skateboard, as equipped items don't take space.
1. Cherrybombs 2. Swordcollection 3. throwingstars 4. trophy? 5. Box o' Fireworks 6. Nunchaku 7. Skateboard 8. Phone 9. ...what's that again?
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: December 31, 2009, 08:45:25 pm »

Or Dave can just drop all that shit.

Update.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: December 31, 2009, 10:01:39 pm »

Update.
And casually do a SWEET CATCH.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: December 31, 2009, 10:03:28 pm »

Update.
And casually do a SWEET CATCH.

At first I didn't know what you were talking about, so I went back to look.

Dave is so cool.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: January 01, 2010, 03:50:20 am »

Quite randomly, I thought about the elementalism relations involved with the four Homestuck characters.
  • John: I find it obvious that John is Earth. He is slow to change, and sticks to his habits. He is slow to anger, but when he does, he really does (earthquake analogy). He is also slow to solve his problems, he is earnest and at least generally follows the established order.
  • Rose: Not as obvious, but when compared to the other options, I think Rose is Water. She is adaptive to her circumstances, and can be violent or calm. She interacts with John by helping him change, and to some extent wearing him down. She "puts out" Dave and generally interacts poorly with him, and he frustrates her in return.
  • Dave: The bright and burning Fire is Dave's element, I think this is obvious to everyone, in all regards. Although I wonder about his interaction with John, as I'd expect it would be more negative (Earth fuels fire in some respect, but Earth may smother fire, much like water). Dave does need the attention of both John and Jade for fuel.
  • Jade: Flighty and random, Jade has her head in the clouds with Air, this is suggested heavily by the environment as well. Considering their elements, I would not expect Jade and John to interact much, as Air and Earth generally ignore each other except for slow erosion. The interaction between Jade and Dave fits well; Air fueling Fire, and Fire transmuting Air [C3H8 + 5O2 → 3CO2 + 4H2O]. Although I guess that would mean Jade can get tired of Dave. Not much interaction between Jade and Rose yet though, usually wind gives power to water (hurricanes/tsunami).
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #1295 on: January 01, 2010, 05:01:54 am »

You guuuuys

Another update

You guuuuuys

Seriously though this update schedule is absurd. It's 5 AM here on the east coast. There's been a sort of trickle-y stream of updates all day. Well technically I suppose it's been two separate days, but still.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: January 01, 2010, 05:30:22 am »

Well, this is intruiging. It only strengthens my Idea/Theory that the trolls come from the dark kingdom!\!
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: January 01, 2010, 05:32:46 am »

I wouldn't be surprised if Andrew pulled out some absurd travesty/parody of Aristotle's elements, possibly not even being analogous to earth, air, fire and water (since it's too obvious).

Ninja'd edit: I thought there was no question they were from the dark kingdom. It seemed implied.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #1298 on: January 01, 2010, 05:39:02 am »

I surmise he's referring to the Pesterchum trolls, not the ogres or the imps.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: January 01, 2010, 01:48:44 pm »

Quite randomly, I thought about the elementalism relations involved with the four Homestuck characters.
  • John: I find it obvious that John is Earth. He is slow to change, and sticks to his habits. He is slow to anger, but when he does, he really does (earthquake analogy). He is also slow to solve his problems, he is earnest and at least generally follows the established order.
  • Rose: Not as obvious, but when compared to the other options, I think Rose is Water. She is adaptive to her circumstances, and can be violent or calm. She interacts with John by helping him change, and to some extent wearing him down. She "puts out" Dave and generally interacts poorly with him, and he frustrates her in return.
  • Dave: The bright and burning Fire is Dave's element, I think this is obvious to everyone, in all regards. Although I wonder about his interaction with John, as I'd expect it would be more negative (Earth fuels fire in some respect, but Earth may smother fire, much like water). Dave does need the attention of both John and Jade for fuel.
  • Jade: Flighty and random, Jade has her head in the clouds with Air, this is suggested heavily by the environment as well. Considering their elements, I would not expect Jade and John to interact much, as Air and Earth generally ignore each other except for slow erosion. The interaction between Jade and Dave fits well; Air fueling Fire, and Fire transmuting Air [C3H8 + 5O2 → 3CO2 + 4H2O]. Although I guess that would mean Jade can get tired of Dave. Not much interaction between Jade and Rose yet though, usually wind gives power to water (hurricanes/tsunami).

I can tell you right here.
John is Earth
Rose is Water
Dave is Fire
Jade is Air

You are correct, what bugs me though is that John color is blue, but wears a green shirt.  Green is Jade's color, and she wears a blue shirt.  This is obviously referencing that John is 'Air'.  At first I argued with others earlier in this thread, but now I know why.  Everything about John and Jade is switched.  At least, their shirt colors and landscape description.  (Jade doesn't have hers yet, but she will soon and I bet $100000000 that it's going to describe Earth, even though her element is Air.)

And yes, Andrew's updating schedule is UNPREDICTABLE.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: January 01, 2010, 03:31:49 pm »

Aww, they just want to be friends.  :)
Tilesets

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: January 01, 2010, 04:09:36 pm »

I know this has been said before, but John has three buck-teeth.  So does Jade's deceased Grandpa.
Jade has two buck-teeth.  So does John's deceased Grandma(Nanna).

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: January 01, 2010, 04:17:33 pm »

Holy time traveling incest, Batman!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: January 01, 2010, 04:23:37 pm »

I know this has been said before, but John has three buck-teeth.  So does Jade's deceased Grandpa.
You omitted Grandpa's rectangular glasses.
Tilesets

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: January 01, 2010, 04:27:47 pm »

You omitted Grandpa's rectangular glasses.
You omitted Grandma's round glasses.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 3524