Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 768 769 [770] 771 772 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5134327 times)

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: THE INTERNET CAN'T HANDLE ME
« Reply #11535 on: October 29, 2010, 08:07:22 am »

I really hope he quits with this ugly-ass art.  It's ridiculous and it makes me want to punch him in the neck and stop reading the comic.  The Earthbound thing was cool but come on, man.
Quote from: Andrew
As if every dumb comment I read about this isn't just encouraging me to use it a lot more than I was already planning to.

HUUUSSSIIIEEEEE!

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11536 on: October 29, 2010, 09:52:32 am »

It seems like the new art is only applied to Rose for some reason.
We've only seen Rose, so the distinction is moot.
Actually...

I like the new art. It's not all that bad. I don't know if I care for the video game graphics though. They make her look too happy.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11537 on: October 29, 2010, 09:59:47 am »

Just walked around talking to people in the flash again.  I'm going to say it - poor Vriska.  She's being reasonable and relatively friendly, if crazy and irritable, and everyone treats her like shit.  As far is knowable, since the game began, she hasn't done anything antagonistic or otherwise harmful to anyone (except freaking out Tavros on day 1).  She got killed by a vengeful robot ghost that everyone thinks is creepy anyway.  And yet, every conversation with her is just a litany of how much they fear and loathe her.

Okay, yeah, she was a horrible bitch for years.  But surely stepping up the plate once everyone's lives depend on each other, and relatively mellowing out, has to count for something, right?

Well, she did kind of threated to mind control Tavros into taking on some stairs if he didn't do it voluntarily. And she did have a few barbed comments about how the dead girl she killed was dead. I think people might fear her less if she wasn't so frightening. See, for example, her chat with Nepeta. I'm going to go load up the flash myself and read it again and quote it here.

NEPETA: :33 < *Nepeta giggles at the spidergir's googly eye. She just can't s33m to get used to it!*
VRISKA: *Marquise Mindfang shares the innocent young catgirl's giggle, as she surreptitiously reaches for an orn8 dagger hidden in her 8oot!*
NEPETA: :33 < noooooo dont roleplay as mindfang! :((
NEPETA: :33 < you only do terrible things when you are her
NEPETA: :33 < why dont you pretend to be something cute for a change?
VRISKA: How about my spidersona? It's adora8le!
NEPETA: :33 < no its not! you only do terrible things as your spidersona too
NEPETA: :33 < i changed my mind, why dont we just not do any roleplaying instead
VRISKA: ::::(

Yeah, I think the problem is mainly that Vriska hasn't really changed. She is, as always, an evil bitch with some serial killing tendencies and absolutely no people skills. Her interactions with the other trolls reflect this.

She's still badass, though.

I mean just listen to her leitmotif.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 10:21:21 am by Soadreqm »

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11538 on: October 29, 2010, 12:57:18 pm »

While we're waiting for Aradia to succumb to temporal predestination, can someone explain to me why this doesn't cause a paradox? Apparently, since Dave decides not to travel back in time, won't that render the dead Dave non-existent, since the sequence of events leading up to it are not longer true?

United Forenia Forever!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11539 on: October 29, 2010, 12:59:00 pm »

No, it just means the timeline split. Dead-Dave was part of an alternate failed timeline due to his time-travel causing an unstable time loop.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11540 on: October 29, 2010, 01:04:30 pm »

Which is why he is taking care to creatw only stable time loops.
Can't have dead Daves popping up everywhere, right?

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11541 on: October 29, 2010, 01:07:48 pm »

So I mean, Rose has a Scouter. Will she know her enemies power level?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11542 on: October 29, 2010, 01:10:20 pm »

So I mean, Rose has a Scouter. Will she know her enemies power level?
It's-five. It's fucking five, alright? Not nine thousand, five. What did you expect from the imps?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11543 on: October 29, 2010, 01:12:21 pm »

The only correct answer is "less than hers."
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11544 on: October 29, 2010, 01:18:35 pm »

Where did Princess Jaspers go?
Haven't seen him in a while.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11545 on: October 29, 2010, 01:20:34 pm »

Rose isn't near her house.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11546 on: October 29, 2010, 01:24:28 pm »

Quit reading Cthulhu, Homestuck just isn't good.

Anyway, my favorite part was this,
AA: ribbit ribbit ribbit
AA: WILL YOU LOOK AT THAT
AA: I JUST CONTROLLED THE RIBBITS AND I DID IT DELIBERATELY

Haha, acting like this just makes you sound crazy I tried it.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11547 on: October 29, 2010, 02:35:55 pm »

While we're waiting for Aradia to succumb to temporal predestination, can someone explain to me why this doesn't cause a paradox? Apparently, since Dave decides not to travel back in time, won't that render the dead Dave non-existent, since the sequence of events leading up to it are not longer true?

Short answer: it does.

There's a reason they use the phrase "paradox space" so often. That reason is that paradoxes happen all the time, with little effect. And the dead Dave doesn't disappear or anything, because time travel doesn't work like that. :P

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11548 on: October 29, 2010, 02:57:43 pm »

Short answer: it does.

There's a reason they use the phrase "paradox space" so often. That reason is that paradoxes happen all the time, with little effect. And the dead Dave doesn't disappear or anything, because time travel doesn't work like that. :P

So by that logic, if exploded Aradia is from a dead end timeline, then she should be seeing an exploded Aradia shortly. Alternatively, if Prime Aradia is doomed, she will explode and that will be the end of it.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11549 on: October 29, 2010, 03:29:22 pm »

This is where Duke comes in and tells us she's the devil and can never be redeemed.
Yeah, I think the problem is mainly that Vriska hasn't really changed. She is, as always, an evil bitch with some serial killing tendencies and absolutely no people skills. Her interactions with the other trolls reflect this.

She's still badass, though.

I mean just listen to her leitmotif.
No need, people got the message.
She can be redeemed and if she ever made steps towards doing that I would like her. She just doesn't care.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 03:33:02 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 768 769 [770] 771 772 ... 3524