Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 699 700 [701] 702 703 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5116268 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: There is always a 'U'pdate!
« Reply #10500 on: October 16, 2010, 03:00:38 am »

Yeah, this is getting a bit tedious.

I take this back. He was just waiting to get to the good stuff.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #10501 on: October 16, 2010, 03:03:59 am »

I wish I could give myself thumbs ups :\

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10502 on: October 16, 2010, 03:30:07 am »

url=http://www.mediafire.com/file/qm4n2vjfmmj/Accelerate.zip]Homebrew game of Dave fighting[/url], in the vein of (S) Dave: Accelerate.  It's a proof-of-concept, with one room and no goal.  What saves it from being an otherwise okay if empty beat-em-up is the Rewind function, which does exactly what it sounds like - let you run around while past versions of yourself do stuff you already did.  It's pretty goddamn mindblowing to actually control fugue-state combat yourself, and will teach you a new level of respect for Strider for handling it so smoothly.  My attempt to fight an Ogre with time copies of myself resulted in getting walloped good.

Regarding updates, that is one chill dude.  I didn't realize that panel had a second Dave in it when it first loaded, and it stopped animating for some reason.  I thought it was just a really long slow animation cycle, set to make another Dave appear in frame after a couple minutes, when the reader gets to the bottom of the log.  Which would have been awesome.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #10503 on: October 16, 2010, 04:43:10 am »

dave is too fucking cool
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10504 on: October 16, 2010, 06:08:18 am »

F1rst, y4y sc4l3m4t3s.

Hmm, looks like it needs a darker background to work nicely...this bright forum area is sunlit and disagrees with pale Alternian skin.

Recreational use, for when the drone isn't around?  Actually, no, I don't want to fuel any more diatribes about Troll psychology.
Pails were not mentioned when this subject came up in the comic.

Yes, it did come up in the comic.
Does anyone else hate when they check this thread and find someone's already posted an analysis of the newest update and spoiled it for you?
>see new posts in MSPA reaction thread
>check MSPA for updates
>read reaction thread
I am now the last person in this thread who hasn't heralded a fake update

fuck all of you
Sorry no.
The perfect crime. Although I wonder why he hasn't amassed more money to not need Johns boondollar now. Just give past Dave all future spoils and tell him where to invest.
He doesn't need it, but it helps.
And the three Daves suggests that yes, that's what he's doing.

Also notice that John!Dave is stealing Our Dave's booncase.
Agreed. Time to clock off.
Our hands are tied, our faces ashen.
Of all the places and things Dave could have been involved with, scamming over a virtual stock-market was not one I expected.  There's something very weird and glorious coming.
It's grist, so it should be commodities, not stock. [The as-yet-nonexistent green Felt grist is on the monitors, btw.]

What's astounding is the sheer quantities of grist he could buy. While Earth currencies have been inflated to levels near that needed to have sums of money like that, you wouldn't be able to buy that many units- several grists appear to have prices in single-digits?
This suddenly hit me like a brick thrown by the guy from that Stephen King book with the psychic zombies at that girl from the same book.

Lord English Hypothesis on the Existence of a Deity

So, since the universe will presumably continue to exist forever, even long after all the matter is gone, and given infinite time all possible events will occur (Infinite Monkeys and all that), presumably that means God would eventually come into being, and since God can presumably manipulate time, once He exists in the future He exists in the past and all possible moments in the timestream.

Bam.
If I was an atheist this would make me a believer.
No. See: Hawking's Time Travelers paradox. [If time travel is eventually possible, why haven't they arrived already?]
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10505 on: October 16, 2010, 09:26:33 am »

This suddenly hit me like a brick thrown by the guy from that Stephen King book with the psychic zombies at that girl from the same book.

Lord English Hypothesis on the Existence of a Deity

So, since the universe will presumably continue to exist forever, even long after all the matter is gone, and given infinite time all possible events will occur (Infinite Monkeys and all that), presumably that means God would eventually come into being, and since God can presumably manipulate time, once He exists in the future He exists in the past and all possible moments in the timestream.

Bam.
If I was an atheist this would make me a believer.
No. See: Hawking's Time Travelers paradox. [If time travel is eventually possible, why haven't they arrived already?]
Two things that make that paradox null (generally. There are still problems with this theory): If you were a time traveler, why would you tell everyone? One of three things would happen- everyone would believe you and subsequently constantly pester you for the use of your time machine, or threaten you , or steal shit from you. Second, nobody would believe you, and as you continued to insist, you would eventually be seen as crazy and thrown into an asylum. Finally, you could be... "taken into protective custody" by the government or a large corporation or a "legitimate business group."

Second: One way of time travel that is the most likely is the use of wormholes. However, it is theorized that you would only be able to go back to the creation of the wormhole. Some believe this extends to any time travel.

And let us not forget that it takes far less energy to travel forward in time than back in time. Simply get into a space ship, launch, accelerate to relativistic speeds, enjoying the time dilation effects which keep you from aging, then simply turn around after you travel forty light years or so, come back to Earth- 80 years have passed for them, while less has passed for you.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 09:28:06 am by Deteramot »
I'm currently making a nice room for my legendary clerk. I always treat my legendaries with the greatest respect, giving them the best rooms and so on. Although the walls are mostly engraved with pictures of my miner starving to death after he fell down a well, so it's not too cheerful.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #10506 on: October 16, 2010, 09:40:18 am »

It's also been theorized that there will be some kind of "thing" that will happen that will prevent time travel beyond it. Most likely this has to do with the "creation of the wormhole" kind of thing. Although there are some other theories with time travel that also go by that. I remember that there was one having to do with lasers. It was a show on the discovery channel or something I think, I mostly can't remember it though.

And in any case, there's something called the Butterfly Effect, and some various multiverse theories. Everything you do creates an alternate timeline, no matter how small the change is. Of course, with someone like Hussie in charge, who knows what's true?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #10507 on: October 16, 2010, 10:20:20 am »

The last theory is that Lord English, being omnipotent, says, "Screw the rules."

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10508 on: October 16, 2010, 10:25:55 am »

Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10509 on: October 16, 2010, 10:27:14 am »

Oh god what is that song.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10510 on: October 16, 2010, 10:31:12 am »

DAMN YOU KARNEWARRIOR, I CANNOT PULL AWAY!

It took me three hours last time, now look what you've done!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10511 on: October 16, 2010, 11:00:53 am »

McAfee says that site is a cesspool of viruses.

Damn you Karnewarrior.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10512 on: October 16, 2010, 11:11:26 am »

Every time I see a chatlog update I read the official forums and I read about people trying not to laugh in class or a library or something, which I never got.

This update made me a believer.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10513 on: October 16, 2010, 11:21:33 am »

Spoiler: 1S TH1S YOU D4V3? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 1S TH1S YOU DUK3? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 11:29:18 am by Willfor »
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10514 on: October 16, 2010, 12:26:12 pm »

Time travel was actually first discovered back in the eleventh century. Alas, the culture that built the first prototype ended up retroactively erasing themselves from history by accident, all the ruins they left behind retconned into having been built by someone else or natural rock formations.

It will be discovered again numerous times in the future, of course. We are simply living at a time where it will not. For about thirty years more, time travel will remain forever impossible, after which Nikola Tesla will have constructed the first prototype from plans he got from the future and casual time travel will have been commonplace since the eighties.
Pages: 1 ... 699 700 [701] 702 703 ... 3524