Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Awesome site, anyone want?  (Read 4484 times)

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome site, anyone want?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 10:41:14 am »

so would I just paste this in the world_gen .txt file?

The easiest way is to copy and past into your world_gen.txt and rename the title of the generation to something else (like "features" or something).  Then you just generate a world with paramaters and select the new entry you created.  It should generate the world as seen.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Stormrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 06:39:41 pm »

How come no magnetite in Dolomite?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 01:30:02 pm »

That rhymed

Oh sweet dolomite
you make steel for me, but where's
all your magnetite
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 01:46:06 pm by forsaken1111 »

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2009, 06:20:43 pm »

Bah. Water equals death. I "discovered" the UG river and my FPS went from 50 to about 15.

Later, I uncovered the HFS and all the smoke made my FPS drop to about 6. I watched as my dwarves got cut down, in bullet time.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2009, 09:57:00 pm »

Bah. Water equals death. I "discovered" the UG river and my FPS went from 50 to about 15.

Later, I uncovered the HFS and all the smoke made my FPS drop to about 6. I watched as my dwarves got cut down, in bullet time.

What are you running the game on, out of curiousity.

buzz killington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2009, 12:28:47 pm »

More like the bureacrat at the Central Bureacracy in Futurama that very slowly crashes into a pile of boxes.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2009, 06:29:39 pm »

What are you running the game on, out of curiousity.

I have a 2006 Gateway notebook. Pentium 2.0GHz Duo processor, 1Gb RAM, Windows Vista Home Premium. VISTA IS A MEMORY HOG.  >:(

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2009, 09:44:08 pm »

ya thats your problem Vista take 1gb of ram to run and you only have one to start with.... NO RAM FOR YOU!!!!!
Nom nom nom

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2009, 10:08:58 pm »

Its a chemistry thing.

Dolomite is a sedimentary stone that is formed as silt (and lots of other stuff) settles out of sea water on the bottom of the ocean. As it gets really thick, it presses itself into stone. There arn't pockets of magnetite in it, as those pockets would have to have fallen into it while it was mud on the ocean floor.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

Stormrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2009, 04:47:54 am »

Its a chemistry thing.

Dolomite is a sedimentary stone that is formed as silt (and lots of other stuff) settles out of sea water on the bottom of the ocean. As it gets really thick, it presses itself into stone. There arn't pockets of magnetite in it, as those pockets would have to have fallen into it while it was mud on the ocean floor.

Dwarf Fortress is not like RL(yet). There should be magnetite in every sedimentary stone but sometimes there are maps with limestone,dolomite,mudstone..etc. without it.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2009, 05:19:25 am »

Like everything, mineral nodes are randomised. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2009, 05:18:53 pm »

ya thats your problem Vista take 1gb of ram to run and you only have one to start with.... NO RAM FOR YOU!!!!!

Yeah no kidding. I bought it right before the American economy tanked, so the particular model that I bought dropped about $300 in price in the month after I bought it. [/FML]

Oh, well. I'm going to get a MacBook Pro next year for college. Hopefully I'll have the self-control to study instead of playing DF all day.  :P

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2009, 09:17:08 pm »

I've modded my game to have 4 races that siege every season within a year of embarking. Then I don't use weapon traps, but I do sort of cheat and make walls around my big ass forts until I can finish a mega-trap (huge, beautiful drowning chambers are what I've been trying to make recently), and I don't find marksdwarves overpowered since they still need ammo, and one bolt can only hit one body.
Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2009, 11:45:34 am »

Its a chemistry thing.

Dwarf Fortress is not like RL(yet). There should be magnetite in every sedimentary stone but sometimes there are maps with limestone,dolomite,mudstone..etc. without it.

from past experience, Chalk, Flint, and occasionally Chert are guarunteed both Bauxite and magnetite. A winning magma forge combo :D

Stormrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2009, 02:32:08 pm »

Its a chemistry thing.

from past experience, Chalk, Flint, and occasionally Chert are guarunteed both Bauxite and magnetite. A winning magma forge combo :D
check this site. plenty of bauxite but no magnetite.

By the way: chalk only appears in dolomite, no?
Pages: 1 [2] 3