Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should our next direction be? (This vote is in no way binding, the current player can make a million cloaks if he wants)

Fortify the mountain!
Build a bigger-volume magma cannon!
Build a massive jail for stopping the inevitable tantrum spiral.
Construct the city in the cavern!
Start a new megaproject.
Hail Discordia!(fnord)

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 73

Author Topic: SparkGear IV - A New Hope [OVER]  (Read 90262 times)

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
Re: SparkGear IV - A New Hope [LIVE | Signup active]
« Reply #645 on: August 08, 2009, 03:01:17 pm »

Lies! I am in perfect physical condition! My physical health is not in any way connected to my spiritual health!

your mental healths a total mess though and your real name is urist ;D
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 08, 2009, 03:04:09 pm »

Damn you!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 08, 2009, 03:16:28 pm »

That's Overlord Urist to you buster!

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 08, 2009, 03:17:39 pm »

That's Overlord Urist to you buster!

overlord of plump helmets ??? lol
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 08, 2009, 03:20:23 pm »

Do not mock the mighty plump helmet!

Tarquinius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 08, 2009, 03:55:26 pm »

Save
I'll upload the map and end-of-turn review in about an hour. To Danneh: The fortress is in good condition. My only warning is to pay close attention to the alcohol supplies - we're starting to run low on barrels. Other than that, everything should be fine.
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Or in other words: shy from the sky. No answer lies there. It cannot care, especially for what it no longer knows. Treat that place as a thing unto itself, independent of all else, and confront it on those terms. You alone must find the way. No one else can help you. Every way is different. And if you do lose yourself at least take solace in the absolute certainty that you will perish.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 08, 2009, 04:21:25 pm »

Did I just tell you to can it with the off-topic shite? There is a thread for that kind of thing. Thank you for spamming this thread with three pages of crap.
As you clearly failed to understand the teachings and authority invested in me by my apparent ascension to god-emperor-hood, I'm excommunicating both of you heretics. The inquisitors will be along shortly to guide you to your racks and burn all your stuff. Have a nice day.

Love, Nahkh

Addendum:
Oh and I've updated the first page.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 04:26:42 pm by nahkh »
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Tarquinius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 08, 2009, 05:05:41 pm »

Map
Starting population: 102. End population: 147. Growth: 45
Starting wealth: 3,097,568. End wealth: 4,457,238. Growth: 1,359,670 (974400, or 72% of the wealth growth was a result of two artifacts, each of which had 3 mithril bars)
The turn went well. The closest thing to a disaster was when I forgot that we had no water source and neglected the alcohol supplies for a bit. No-one died from that, though: two of the three deaths that occurred during the turn were injured and resting dwarves who died of dehydration due to lack of water and one dwarf was hammered for failing to meet a mandate. I ordered the hammerer's hammer dumped to prevent that from happening again.
Housing is the worst part of the fortress: there quite a few rooms for our dwarves, but with almost constant sieging, we can't go outside to get more wood.
Most of my turn was spent building semi-useful, semi-wasteful things like the 24x28 dining room with 240 tables or the tombs which were guarded by a labyrinth. (The labyrinth was actually meant as an homage to Mark Z. Danielewski's wonderful novel "House of Leaves", which involved a massive labyrinth capable of changing its size and shape existing inside one of the main character's house)
Our biggest problem is an excess of stone. I have ten mason's workshops producing blocks full time, and I was in the middle of constructing a tower out of obsidian blocks when the turn ended. I had no plans for the tower other than "I need to get rid of blocks". Future players are free to use it for any purpose they want.
Or in other words: shy from the sky. No answer lies there. It cannot care, especially for what it no longer knows. Treat that place as a thing unto itself, independent of all else, and confront it on those terms. You alone must find the way. No one else can help you. Every way is different. And if you do lose yourself at least take solace in the absolute certainty that you will perish.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 08, 2009, 06:09:00 pm »

My turn tomorrow...
Can't wait...
Gonna be building Walls and Towers outside for a more early defense, anyone against that???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Danneh

• Bay Watcher
  • Witty Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 08, 2009, 06:10:25 pm »

Just got home from work. Time to kick some ass and take some names kick some dwarf and take some magma magma some magma and magma magma.
Quote from:  Forumgoer
Out-of-Context Quote

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 08, 2009, 06:10:59 pm »

magma magma magma

MAGAM LAKE IS WHAT I DO.

Tarquinius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 08, 2009, 06:19:33 pm »

Is Tarquinius the administrator still attending a meeting? He spent about half of my turn trying to attend a meeting, meaning he got close to no work done.

Danneh

• Bay Watcher
  • Witty Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 08, 2009, 07:00:31 pm »

Nah, he's running around.
Question;
Walk in, see Elven and Human diplomat. What do?

Edit; I agreed not to chop down 113 trees, seeing as we don't have that many anyway. I'm not sure what to so with the humans though. Make peace?

Edit; FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I just got a phone call. I gotta get up really early tomorrow and won't be back until really late, no time to play DF. You may as well just use Tar's save, I didn't do much of anything.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 07:38:35 pm by Danneh »
Quote from:  Forumgoer
Out-of-Context Quote

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 08, 2009, 10:19:47 pm »

Sign me up! But please make it a weekend (Australian time)!
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 09, 2009, 12:04:10 am »

The tower. I forget who made it.
That was me!

Also I like that maze, although someone might want to do some traffic designating there to prevent it from being a pathfinding killer.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 12:29:17 am by nil »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 73