Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should our next direction be? (This vote is in no way binding, the current player can make a million cloaks if he wants)

Fortify the mountain!
Build a bigger-volume magma cannon!
Build a massive jail for stopping the inevitable tantrum spiral.
Construct the city in the cavern!
Start a new megaproject.
Hail Discordia!(fnord)

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 73

Author Topic: SparkGear IV - A New Hope [OVER]  (Read 90022 times)

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SparkGear IV - A New Hope [LIVE | FINAL SIGNUP | 6 SLOTS OPEN]
« Reply #960 on: August 26, 2009, 06:39:39 am »

could i have the 30th place?

That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: August 26, 2009, 12:31:17 pm »

Peculiar...

my royal guard appears to be dying of hunger and thirst, yet my food and booze stockpiles are full...

ArkDelgato

• Bay Watcher
  • ERROR - LOGICAL FALLACY
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 26, 2009, 12:34:10 pm »

Can they reach the food?
The stock pile could be behind locked doors from where the guards are.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: August 26, 2009, 12:35:13 pm »

I disabled health care on many of the dwarves, to prevent spam because of the lack of water. If someone gets wounded they are doomed to die.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: August 26, 2009, 12:40:38 pm »

Well, the guard does spar in the Barracks, but that would explain things, if they are injured. I hope Nil doesn't get mad at me...

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: August 26, 2009, 12:45:51 pm »

Ha, as long as you remember to toss some food down in the pit every once and a while I'm happy.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: August 26, 2009, 02:11:25 pm »

How about an +Elven-Diplomat meat Roat+

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: August 26, 2009, 02:12:42 pm »

...eh, elf flesh is stringy, fit only for cats and fluffy wanblers.

P.S. Vieto you have only another 3 hours, and then it's aldaris's turn.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: August 26, 2009, 03:06:46 pm »

yep, I know.

I'm hurrying, I'm hurrying.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: August 26, 2009, 03:29:55 pm »

So what do we do at the end of the month?  I'm guessing nahkh isn't really into taking the time to start Sparkgear V, but there's definitely still demand for a turn-a-day succession game.  Although I'm definitely down to help find a good site and play a round or two, personally I'm not really the guy to take the lead here.  Anyone else given any thought to this?

Of course people could always keep playing this map, or maybe I'm wrong and nahkh is still looking for an active role...

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: August 26, 2009, 03:41:01 pm »

A major river in a tropical rainforest terrifying biome with sand and magma and flux should be adaquate for SG5. i wouldn't mind leading it, small amounts of dwarves are easy to manage.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: August 26, 2009, 03:51:04 pm »

Leading isn't really about the first turn--that's the fun part, really.  It's about being there to say "yeah the next guy on the list isn't coming, we need to skip" and to just be a cheerleader in general.  Spoon's been doing it lately so if he still wants to continue doing so I'm fine by that.

As far as sites go, it can be hard to find sites with both interesting biomes and lots of features.  If people reach a consensus tho I'd at least be willing to gen a few jungle worlds or tundra worlds or whatever and see if I can get something to work.

That being said I think HFS is pretty crucial too, and it's very difficult to have that co-exist with non-mountain biomes, let alone a major river.  I might gen a few maps this evening, see if I can bring anything up that looks...  appropriate.  I do like the idea of dealing with some skeletal hippos or something...

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: August 26, 2009, 05:24:27 pm »

why am i still a heretic  :'( also a major update needed nahkh. and can some more maps be added. also could everyone make a recording of ambushes and seiges :P i havn't seen much SG carnage recently
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: August 26, 2009, 05:47:04 pm »

aldaris: I might not finish my megaproject by the end of the next 20 minutes. I think I'm going to need, at most, another hour or 2 to finish it. Do I have your permission to use an extra hour to make sure I finish this megaproject?

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1379

I'll post the story in a couple of minutes. Sorry about the lateness.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 09:06:42 pm by Vieto »

Vieto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: August 26, 2009, 09:29:55 pm »

Vieto’s glorious Magmarine

Summer

They told me I’m their new leader. ME! I don’t know if I’m the best person for the leader but – wait, I’m the leader! Mwa-hahaha!

TODAY, I WILL BEGIN MY GLORIOUS MAGMARINE! I just need to get rid of those Orcs, first.

Autumn

Ok, the seige is over. I’m beginning the initial phases of my Magmarine, by digging out a section in the grand city’s north. Being the Consort of the Duchess, I easily got permission to do my evil deed. Why, I might even add a ‘flood the world’ lever! Maybe, if I have time. Ether way, time to open the gates.

Well, I opened the gates in time, just after they opened a Dwarven Caravan from the mountainhomes arrived… as well as an Elvin Diplomat. I’ll see to it that he gets disappointed, unless he gives me a realistic demand. Silly elves.

Well, considering we don’t even have 124 trees, we worked towards a mutual agreement. By we, of course, I mean the lacky I sent to do the talking. In any case, construction has begun outside. The lacky informed me the elf was very smug. Note to self; learn how to use that magma cannon…

The slacker Demonic_spoon finally did his trading! Also, one of our masons has begun a mysterious construction. Must have been secretive or something, I don’t pay attention to these things. My Magmarine has a higher priority.

Progress is going well on the wall surrounding where the Magmarine will go. We had a slight cave in; no unjuries, but Demonic_Spoon got knocked unconscious. He wasn’t injured, thankfully, as I have no water with which to treat injuries, and the sole source of water is a plumbing disaster.

Almost done the outer walls… gah! I heard reports of a Macauque attack. I’m sending some military dwarves to make short work of them.

And they finished the job.

Finally, the Sub Pen is secure from all possible seiges and ambushes. Currently, it has a fresh coat of green on it, but that will soon be washed away… with magma. Also, someone began acting weird, claiming a mason shop and all. Peasants, what could he be possibly be doing?

Winter

Digging out the pen now, and a Human diplomat appeared over the horizon. What could he possibly want in the middle of winter?

On the other hand, he does appear to have Melancholy. That might have something to do with it.

Some goblins ambushed… our front entrance. They never had a chance. They missed their window of opportunity by about a month.

Another goblin ambush, no harm done – hey, is that a child out there? EVERYONE, BATTLE STATIONS! SAVE THAT KID!

We’re too late… the kid is dead. I hope he wasn’t the son of anyone important. He wasn’t my kid, so I’ll get right back to work on my Magmarine. In fact, I better close the gates now, before any more children leave. I’ve heard about tantrum spirals, not pretty. Definitely not good for someone with a megaproject.

The Human is speaking to us. Its kind of creepy, he’s saying things like ‘Its such a pleasant place you’ve carved yourself’ to the Duchess. I’m getting bad vibes from him. Anyways; back to the subpen!

It has suddenly occurred to me that I haven’t made anything to power the magma pumps that will be filling the sub-pen. Hmmm…

It is a sad day today. Nil, captain of the Guard, died of starvation, despite our massive foodstocks. From now on, the 1st of Obsidian will be called ‘Nil years day’ because it was the day he died.

Speaking of death, the human died. I hope this doesn’t end badly… I knew he had Melancholy!

Spring

Another royal guard has died of thirst… considering we have over 2000 units of booze, the peasants must be revolting! I must finish my Magmarine before they get me!

I’ve begun filling up a small tunnel with magma. I hope we will be able to lift all the magma to the Sub-pen eventally… My Dwarf senses are tingling… ELVES!

Oh, phew, they are just a hippy caravan. Time to open the gates, and see if the hypocrites brought and wood, exotic animals, or sunberries. Now where is Demonspoon?

As I was walking about the Magmarine, I saw a splattering of blood among the vomit. It was at this time that the Elven ‘diplomat’ appeared. Holding his disgust back, we agreed not to cut down over 100 trees. These elves are persistant. Smug little bastards, err, little where it counts ;) In other news, DS finally showed up to trade with the elves.

After trading, DS looked rather Smug. He claimed he bought us a grizzly. A female Grizzly. Now we just need a male one to wander on the map, and we could easily have a Grizzly Armada. Right here is the sole reason I tolerate the elves; They give us grizzlies.

Well, we really need to reset the traps by the entrance; an ambush sprung there, killing the mechanic who was loading a cage trap. 6 deaths thus far. Thankfully, nobody knew him better than a long-term aquaintance.

Gah! There is a full fledged war going on outside! They nearly got DemonSpoon, but he managed to get inside before he was injured.

After the brief combat session, I’m now stationing my men at the entrance so all the goods can be brought inside safely.

Today, We have been granted a baby girl. In other news, a child has been kidnapped! And a bone carver has just became possessed. Also, 2 more layers to clear before construction of the actual Submarine can begin! I have organised a party to celebrate the first of these… Wait a second; everyone, stop slacking!

Well, the possessed guy came out with a cave lobster shell bugle, with 24k. Also, Our entrance may as well be flowing with vomit; that should keep the goblins and Orcs away!

It finally rained! Now our dwarves are rushing to get what little water the cistern has collected. Also, we have a dungeon master. This is great news, as now we can tame that Wyvern we happen to have.

Immigrant wave! 24 new men immediately going into the military or making my Magmarine! Population now 134.

I heard my leadership on this project has an encroaching time limit; mutinous peasants! I’m speeding up the digging.

Summer

We have cleared out the Subpen. Now its time to start building the sub! And, of course, finish the magma pump system.

As we begin this, the humans have declared war on us, and there are several humans waiting.

Autumn

We have progress on the first 2 decks. I hope the next leader will allow me to finish the rest of the sub.

Winter

THE MAGMARINE IS COMPLETE!

Or at least just a skeleton, I trust my successor will furnish it with rooms, and finish the magma pump. In the mean time, its time for me to relax a bit. What, with the seige and all. Death count: 9. Oh, and its almost Nil years eve! Got to prepare for festivities.

- The Duke

-ps: finish the Magmarine, FOR THE DUKE!

------------------------------------

The mega-project (except in green, and magma hasn't been added yet): THE MAGMARINE!

---

Ok, so I’ve built a magmarine, which is a submarine that will be submerged in magma. The next person may do whatever they like with the Magmarine, but if they want to complete it, it needs rooms, and it needs the windmills to be built and hooked up; the latter needs about 200 wood. Once connected, only a lever needs to be pushed for the whole contraption to fill the pen. Just make sure you don’t push the wrong lever ;P

-
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 73