Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should our next direction be? (This vote is in no way binding, the current player can make a million cloaks if he wants)

Fortify the mountain!
Build a bigger-volume magma cannon!
Build a massive jail for stopping the inevitable tantrum spiral.
Construct the city in the cavern!
Start a new megaproject.
Hail Discordia!(fnord)

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 73

Author Topic: SparkGear IV - A New Hope [OVER]  (Read 90137 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: SparkGear IV - A New Hope [LIVE | FINAL SIGNUP | 6 SLOTS OPEN]
« Reply #810 on: August 18, 2009, 11:01:52 pm »

whoops!

well, I'll just finish up this last building and package up the save.

Didn't get as far as I thought I would, but still pretty far.

PS: We're on the brink of a Spiral. One champion went melancholy, but the other 14 are activated and ready to put down any riots that start.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 18, 2009, 11:03:18 pm »

Righty then, nil, you're next.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 18, 2009, 11:37:03 pm »

Here's the save. I had to abandon much of my more recent progress due to the fact that a section of the caver collapsed, slaughtering 10 more dwarves and causing an irreversible tantrum spiral.

MAJOR THINGS -

*Strange mood going on, I think the guy needs another log. To get the first I had to temporarily destroy an axle be a windmill near the pipe. (For some reason my dwarves wouldn't go outside and I really didn't want to mess with the levers)

* Dug a new cavern for the Imperial Palace to be built in (Make it awesome!)

*Finished many buildings (including the mall/apartments!)

*Statue-ified most of the chapel (add a couple more!)

*I didn't get a food, booze, or ammo stockpile set up in the Doomcave. (Do that ASAP!)

NOTES:

*The Doomcave Keep needs a ballistae to be constructed in the 4x3 area beneath the entrance. There's a convenient channel across the way into the keep for easy Bolt Collection.

*Make some bridges to block off all the major buildings, preferably controlled by a single lever in the keep.

*Furniturize the mansions

*Save the dwarf with the possession by any means necessary. He has some awesome items and I'm expecting his artifact to be wonderful. He MUST survive to completion.

*I forgot to make catwalks between the major buildings and the northwest warehouse (needs a roof!)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 19, 2009, 02:19:54 am »

ha I didn't even realize you were taking up MY time, crazy sparkgear time zone.  I'll get some play in tomorrow.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 19, 2009, 09:06:55 am »

I have been really busy and missed pretty much everything up until this point...

Seeing as my turn is drawing near can someone bring me up to speed please?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 19, 2009, 09:35:10 am »

Well, construction of the city inside the Doomcave is almost complete, and DS and I just shared Nahkh's turn due to his inactivity.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 19, 2009, 10:04:55 am »

nahkh picked the site but didn't play, barbarossa was first.

He fucked up and had to reclaim. He made a huge hole in the mountain and some horrible buildings at the top of the building. I was after him.

He had left the save so unplayable that I was forced to also reclaim. I carved out a new fortress and trade depot, making many basic neccesary facilities and making survival possible. I also made things a bit more organized and succsessfully traded with the elves and dwarves.

After that was abculatter who started work on the magma weapon. And savescummed a lot. After him was skaltum

Skaltum sorta finished the pathetic excuse for a magma cannon. Also added some marksmen locations to the entrance to the trade depot. Also got economy and built some shops and workshops and stuff.  And made some expanded stockpile space. Got rid of the cave swallows. Searched for non-existant HFS. Made graffiti using the dig designation. Next was nil.

nil made a magma dump, apparently the chasm isn't good enough for him. Also endured a few sieges. Made some slums along the wall of the giant cave that barbarossa made. Made a secondary entrance. And made a jail tower. after him was Tarquinis.

During Tarquinis's reign I made a artifact ring named after myself, awesome. He also made some new catacombs, a very large dining room, a labyrinth to the catacombs and another workshop complex. Also started a tower and made a barracks.  Next was Nevyn.

Nevyn added a food stockpile to the huge dining hall tarquinis made. Added archery range to barracks. Made peace with the humans. Got sieged by orcs, got some of the items from outside. Made blocks. Next was wilsons.

Wilsons made a new shopping district and got rid of a siege, next was samus and skid, however I decided to ignore their saves and go with wilsons's.

I made a massive execution tower in honour of armok, repelled a few sieges, traded with some traders, made some masterwork items, readied our fortress for the king, claimed some items from outside, completed a few mandates, engraved some stuff, increased safety slighty, made quite some food, moved some dining halls, mined out some metal and generally lived the good life.

After me was barbarossa, who killed several poeple with cave ins, made a few more towers in the giant cave, sorta maybe started a tantrum spiral, and made a bunker in case of the appocalypse.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 10:23:23 am by Demonic Spoon »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 19, 2009, 10:17:07 am »

They were houses, not towers.

Also, the anti-apocalypse system needs some work (needs food, booze, and ammo stockpiles) and the buildings need access to each other and a way to block intruders with bridges.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wanna know the hilarious part of the tantrum spiral? Every single dwarf was ecstatic (except for a couple quite contents) until our incompetent mayor (Nish) had a meeting with the only 'unhappy' dwarf in the fort. (They had lost a kid, so what?) Nish gets sad for being yelled at and temporarily tantrums, punching the guy he was meeting with and bruising his upper body. he calmed down, but the other guy was saddened by his injuries and GOES BERSERK. The champions go to put him down, (as well as the other tantrummer in the room, a stoneworker who got pissed at having a rough blue garnet chucked at him.) and they slaughter him in a hilarious fashion. Soon afterwards, I found out that the dwarf who went berserk was one of the Champ's (Atis) BROTHERS! Atis goes melancholy, and in the save I had to give up he was throwing himself down the staircase that opens up into the ceiling of the cavern repeatedly.

Stupid incompetent mayor.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 19, 2009, 12:14:50 pm »

this place has become far too decadent time to harden up

also if you wanted me to save that moody dwarf you shouldn't have used all the bone and butched all the animals.  he's dead, jim misread the stocks menus see you have plenty of orc bones lying around

people hatin' on my magma dump, using a giant pile right next to the chasm instead, madness
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 12:49:06 pm by nil »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 19, 2009, 12:54:19 pm »

Well I knew you poeple would want to throw all that precious stone away, and I just couldn't allow that.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 01:04:47 pm by Demonic Spoon »

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 19, 2009, 01:05:42 pm »

there's all kinds of good stuff in there, blocks bags, even some exceptional obsidian furnature.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 19, 2009, 01:06:54 pm »

See what I mean? Poeple dump all kinds of crazy things, I make a garbage dump next to the chams so I can dump that stuff that really needs dumping when my turn comes around.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 19, 2009, 01:20:23 pm »

that's what the magma dump is for dude, you check to make sure nothing good is in there then you pull the lever.

really gaining a new appreciation for how much difference personality makes.  I got tantrums up the wazzoo, but I noticed there was one woodworker/mechanic that has been miserable forever, but hasn't done a thing about it.  I check his personality--he has a very calm demeanor, great willpower, and can handle stress.  If only we had a hundred dwarves like you, Ast!

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 19, 2009, 02:32:18 pm »

unrefined notes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Save is here.  I'll put up a map and a couple movies in a couple hours.  It wasn't a long turn, mostly I was focused on corpse disposal duty, trying to prevent them rotting and worsening the tantrum spiral.  I think the worst is past, we lost maybe 20 or so dwarves, but I could be wrong; I'm certainly still getting tantrums.  I reinstated justice; prolly did as much good as harm, as being jailed is basically the only way to get injured dwarves to drink alcohol and there's a huge happiness bost when they're released.

map here

bring out your dead!

Demonic Spoon, ex-con
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 03:40:14 pm by nil »

Blast

• Bay Watcher
  • Deadliest Dwarf Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 19, 2009, 03:44:09 pm »

So, is it my turn now?

Get ready to feel the awsome power of spark gear (half of the dwarfs getting killed and the other half on a tantrum spiral)...

Yes, I'm sort of new on DF. Any tips on what to do first on the fortress?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 73