Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should our next direction be? (This vote is in no way binding, the current player can make a million cloaks if he wants)

Fortify the mountain!
Build a bigger-volume magma cannon!
Build a massive jail for stopping the inevitable tantrum spiral.
Construct the city in the cavern!
Start a new megaproject.
Hail Discordia!(fnord)

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 73

Author Topic: SparkGear IV - A New Hope [OVER]  (Read 90091 times)

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
Re: SparkGear IV - A New Hope [LIVE | Next signup on August 8th]
« Reply #300 on: August 04, 2009, 07:02:32 am »

No clue about windmills, but water wheels are better.

Yes, but you seem to have forgotten the lack of water on this map.

I guess I'll find out soon enough.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 04, 2009, 07:05:32 am »

right i've just loaded my map with the magma maze of doom which is powered by windmills

1z is 40

3z is 40
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Kamrusepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 04, 2009, 07:07:14 am »

Yes, but you seem to have forgotten the lack of water on this map.

So create it using nahkh water...thing? use the power to create the power using pumps!

Edit: I dont think theses things through :)

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 04, 2009, 07:17:06 am »

right i've just loaded my map with the magma maze of doom which is powered by windmills

1z is 40

3z is 40

Is this on the map I'm playing right now? Windmill power output varies from area to area.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 04, 2009, 07:19:05 am »

1z is 40

3z is 40

Is this on the map I'm playing right now? Windmill power output varies from area to area.

no it isn't it's on one of my hardcore digdeeper forts where orcs breathe fire.

i havn't really used windmills on mountinous regions so i duno what power will be like for SG4
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 04, 2009, 07:37:18 am »

The power output of a windmill is pretty much random. I think 40 is the maximum.
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 04, 2009, 07:48:14 am »

Why do you want to get everyone killed abcul? Also, you can toss all our mugs at them, we'll have more than enough by spring to trade out the elves and the humans.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 07:54:22 am by Demonic Spoon »

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 04, 2009, 07:54:32 am »

Why do you want to get everyone killed abcul? Also, you can toss all our mugs at them, we'll have more tyhan enough by spring to trade out the elves and the humans.

I don't WANT to get everyone killed, I just know they're all doomed.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 04, 2009, 07:57:30 am »

You're planning to actually let them outside, and it would appear that you left the entrance unsealed allowing kobolds to enter... Also we've been living off the wood the caravans have been bringing every now and then, I remember asking for wood and barrels form the dwarves so they should have some of both. I would have done the same for the humans but their liasion died in a unfortunate accident. Also, the first dwarven caravan took care of the two GCS at the cost of a few of their guards.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 07:59:52 am by Demonic Spoon »

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 04, 2009, 08:26:23 am »

The wyrvens killed all the dwarves I sent at them, including several of our legendaries...
A wizard once taught me of this thing he called "savescumming"... I wonder if now would be a good time to use it...

So, should I savescum? It's been a long time since my last save...

I've never seen a tantrum spiral before, but I think I'm about to... though I could be wrong...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 08:41:45 am by abculatter_2 »

Kamrusepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 04, 2009, 08:46:51 am »

The wyrvens killed all the dwarves I sent at them, including several of our legendaries...
A wizard once taught me of this thing he called "savescumming"... I wonder if now would be a good time to use it...

I've never seen a tantrum spiral before, but I think I'm about to... though I could be wrong...

Tantrum spirals are the 2nd most epic thing that can happen; if you watch carefully you can see how one dwarf causes another one, that causes 2 more to have tantrums etc.

More random babble - Yesterday my fort of 300 dwarves decided that it was a good time to have a tantrum spiral, so in slow motion they all decided to completely screw up the fortress and run around pulling levers and other random/crazy things. <- In other words, its worth making huge fortress just to watch them emo themselves to death.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 08:53:54 am by Kamrusepas »

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 04, 2009, 08:48:55 am »

Tantrum spirals are the 2rd most epic thing that can happen; if you watch carefully you can see how one dwarf causes another one, that causes 2 more to have tantrums etc.

More useless infomation - Yesterday my fort of 300 dwarves decided that it was a good time to have a tantrum spiral, so in slow motion they all decided to completely screw up the fortress and run around pulling levers and other random/crazy things. <- In other words, its worth making huge fortress just to watch them emo themselves to death.

Yeah well, I'm supposed to give the next person a PLAYABLE map...

Also, 2rd?

Kamrusepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 04, 2009, 08:51:23 am »

This is sparkgear, you dont have to give them a playable map. you should, but you dont have to...

Also, 2nd?

Everybody knows that magma is the 1st, watching it slowly flood your fortress and peak into the outside world...

« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 08:53:35 am by Kamrusepas »

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 04, 2009, 08:52:08 am »

This is sparkgear, you dont have to give them a playable map. you should, but you dont have to...

Also, 2rd?

What?

u said 2rd earlier. surely you meant 2nd or 3rd

Kamrusepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 04, 2009, 08:55:33 am »

u said 2rd earlier. surely you meant 2nd or 3rd

Oops, fixed.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 73