Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: SHAD0W's Mafia(CANCELED)  (Read 3954 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
SHAD0W's Mafia(CANCELED)
« on: July 29, 2009, 11:33:41 am »

I decided it would be interesting to try hosting my own mafia,yes I tried hosting the 'make your own mafia' but in jumping right in I had no idea what I was doing.

Rules:
-Only Mafia,Masons,and Cultists may PM.
-You must send a copy of your PM to me.
-There are no roleflips,nor alignment flips.(Roleflip=when a person dies their role is revealed,webadict,add this to your glossary.)
-That's it,roles are below.

Roles:
(All roles possible are here,any combination is possible and multiples may be used. Also,yes I'm stealing a bunch from webadict's list,I'm too lazy to come up with all the roles I'll want.)
Town:
  • Townie,basic no frills town member.
  • Doctor,may protect one person from death at night.
  • Cop,Can determine a individual's alignment once a night.
  • Paranoid Cop,same as cop except This Cop gets mafia for ALL inspections.
  • Naive Cop,same as cop except This role gets town for ALL inspections.
  • Insane Cop,same as cop except All inspections are the opposite. i.e. Townie gets mafia inspection.
  • Vigilante,can kill once a night.
  • Hobo With a Gun,can kill once in the game at night.
  • Mason,knows all the other masons,at night the mason grouping can convert a person into a new mason,that person loses all abilities he had before becoming a mason.If the converted is a mafia,the entire group dies.If that person is a cultist,he/she is killed.

Mafia:
(All mafia will know the other members of their group,the mafia may refrain from killing at night)
  • basic mafia,no frills mafia guy.
  • Assassin,in addition to the standard mafia nightkill,this member can kill at night.
  • Abductor,can steal a person at night,during the day that person disappears and cannot speak,the next day he/she is released. If the person abducted is a cop,the abductor will be identified upon release.
  • Expensive Hitman,In addition to the standard mafia nightkill,this member can kill once in the game at night.
  • Framer,in addition to the standard mafia nightkill,this member may kill a person and set it up to look like another person killed him/her.
  • Godfather,when inspected by a cop,appears town.This applies to all cops.

3rd parties:
(All third parties are on their own,except the cult,which can work together)
  • Cultist,knows all other members of the cult,at night the cult can convert a person into a new cultist,that person loses all abilities he had before becoming a cultist,if the converted person is a mafia,that person is killed.If that person is a mason,all cultists die.
  • Murderous loon,Wins if he/she is lynched(but does not end the game ok?),may once in the game kill someone at night and set it up to look like he/she killed that person.
  • Underpants Theif,at night,can steal a person's underpants and through crafty tricks,get that person to use their role ability on another person.This overrides any targets that person had.
  • Hive Mentalist,at night can tie someone's mind into the hivemind,when a person from the hivemind is killed,the entire group dies.The mentalist is also part of the hivemind.Wins when everyone is part of the hivemind.

Player list(10 slots):
-Pandarsenic
-Toonyman
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

GAME CANCELED
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 02:10:38 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: SHAD0W's Mafia
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 06:34:54 pm »

Nobody at all?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 01:15:29 am »

Moo.
Joining.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 09:23:00 am »

Bark.
Joining.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 10:01:27 am »

Nice...
Some comments and suggestions:

- assassin seems really unbalanced... 2 kills for the mafia suck in a game.
- Abduct blocks wich night action? If it doesnt... what's the point?  It basically clears someone from being mafia and doesnt benefit scum.
- Framer... mmm... too many killing roles... Framer would be better if he could change a person's allignment so that if the cop checks that person they will find mafia.
- Why would the Godfather show town to the paranoid? That goes against the mafia and doesn't make much sense in terms of role name...
- a game with 3rd parties like cultists (and masons) will be probably very swingy but it might be fun.
- Murderous loon sucks.  It's basically a Jester.  Jesters suck and spoil the game.  I STRONGLY RECOMMEND removing that role from any game.
- Underpants Theif:  Develop on this one.  Is he a redirecter or does he get to know what ability is used.  What's his goal?
- Hive Mentalist:  What do you mean "Wins when everyone is dead simultaneously."???  He should try to wait and hive 2 people that will survive and then be left in a 3 p night so one of them dies... or something like that... very hard...

Oh, I forgot... NO ROLEFLIPS SUCKS.  You'll find few people that enjoy that kind of informationless game...  People can easyly bullshit throughout the day without consequences...
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 12:21:31 pm »

Hive Mentalist,at night can tie someone's mind into the hivemind,when a person from the hivemind is killed,the entire group dies.The mentalist is also part of the hivemind.Wins when everyone is dead simultaneously.

I'd change this to victory when everyone living is part of the hivemind, and killing everyone when the mentalist dies. Otherwise, as Alexhans pointed out, you're going to be losing two people per day that can't be hivemind. Too difficult. In addition, I'd tell people that they were part of the hivemind, but not who else is.

I hope you aren't planning to throw all of the roles in, since that would be entirely too many. Given the number of potential mafia kills, you may want to throw in some town protection roles (like Doctor variants), otherwise most of the town is going to die in the first few nights.

And lack of roleflips, or at least alignment-flips, is bad. You need some way to get information. An alternative would be a role that does secret, public roleflips during the day (or night), similar to the vote counter in the Vote Mafia.

Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 02:02:05 pm »

I'd change this to victory when everyone living is part of the hivemind, and killing everyone when the mentalist dies. Otherwise, as Alexhans pointed out, you're going to be losing two people per day that can't be hivemind. Too difficult. In addition, I'd tell people that they were part of the hivemind, but not who else is.
Sounds good.

I hope you aren't planning to throw all of the roles in, since that would be entirely too many. Given the number of potential mafia kills, you may want to throw in some town protection roles (like Doctor variants), otherwise most of the town is going to die in the first few nights.
(All roles possible are here,any combination is possible and multiples may be used.

And lack of roleflips, or at least alignment-flips, is bad. You need some way to get information. An alternative would be a role that does secret, public roleflips during the day (or night), similar to the vote counter in the Vote Mafia.
Well at least no roleflips for the first round.I have a reason for this,just bear with me.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 02:07:49 pm »

Yeah... I imagine you're gonna devise a historic setup that may be easyly spoiled with a RC... anyway... it's going to be a massacre... The problem will be getting players to play this too... And I mean play, not sign up...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 02:09:14 pm »

Well fuck it then,I guess I can't make something quite possibly interesting without people having to pick it apart.

GAME CANCELED

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: SHAD0W's Mafia(CANCELED)
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 02:11:15 pm »

It's Alexhans, he's just a jerk.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 02:13:00 pm »

Well maybe he will be less of a jerk next time,as it stands the game is ruined.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 02:14:24 pm »

Pandarsenic is scum!

Vote Pandarsenic.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 09:54:36 pm »

dude... do what you want... I was just throwing some pointers... For you to make an enjoyable game... chaoticjosh's mind & magic mafia had no flips... people didnt play much...

It's Alexhans, he's just a jerk.
Why dont you keep your opinions to yourself...?  It's really easy to insult someone when you dont have to face them... it's pretty cowardly...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 05:16:02 am »

dude... do what you want... I was just throwing some pointers... For you to make an enjoyable game... chaoticjosh's mind & magic mafia had no flips... people didnt play much...
The pointers were fine.
 However,inadvertently or not,you basically ruined the point. Dodge the blame as much as you want but I'm still pretty pissed off.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 05:56:45 am »

Ok.    1 lone guy in the interenet ruined your project with 2 posts...

I take full blame for the intense power I have over people...  ::)
Pages: [1] 2