Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 90

Author Topic: Visual Fortress: another 3D visualisation app  (Read 325559 times)

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Visual Fortress: another 3D visualisation app
« Reply #855 on: October 20, 2009, 04:20:21 pm »

Actually there is something you could do for me still, if youve got the time... Since your on a PC maybe you could DL my map and the UP-load it to the DF-Map archive... Ive Never ben able to upload onto that thing and id love to be able to go through my fortress and label things and what not for others to see.
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: October 20, 2009, 04:31:21 pm »

Actually there is something you could do for me still, if youve got the time... Since your on a PC maybe you could DL my map and the UP-load it to the DF-Map archive... Ive Never ben able to upload onto that thing and id love to be able to go through my fortress and label things and what not for others to see.
In order to do what you request... you'd have to share your login ID so they can upload it under your ID in the archive... I'm sure that's not high on your list of things to do.  (I know it wouldn't be on mine!)  There are instructions on the archive site on how the file is created manually (if I recall correctly.)  You may want to try that before handing out your id/password.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: October 20, 2009, 06:03:30 pm »

In order to do what you request... you'd have to share your login ID so they can upload it under your ID in the archive... I'm sure that's not high on your list of things to do.  (I know it wouldn't be on mine!)  There are instructions on the archive site on how the file is created manually (if I recall correctly.)  You may want to try that before handing out your id/password.

You don't have to log in on his username; the Submitter and the Author of the map can be two different people.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Scarpa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: October 20, 2009, 10:52:33 pm »

Here you go: http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/map-7266-canyoncastle

Telcontar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: October 20, 2009, 11:36:22 pm »

I have to add my adulation to the pile. This is incredible. I weep at the beauty of what my dwarves achieve.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: October 21, 2009, 01:01:14 am »

am I the only one that notices that the UVs are messed up on the statues?

Baboonanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: October 21, 2009, 03:29:53 am »

Hmm. Looks ok to me, but then I'm only a programmer :)

Heh, good to see you finally got them. Sorry I bailed on you, but I got distracted by trying to automate the screenshot/crop/upload process.

Maybe when I get it working I'll post it up, except it won't help you as it'll be Windows only.
I wrote the screenshot code for Visual Fortress yesterday. It supports cropping and rescaling of the output, and with FBOs you can also render to a different size than your viewing window (like 1680x512 with a 130 degree FOV). I'd like to add an auto-upload ability but have no idea how to go about it so if you want to supply code or just point me in the right direction I'll add it in.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: October 21, 2009, 04:07:10 am »

the beard texture is on the legs for some reason.

Spoiler: Right (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: So very wrong. (click to show/hide)

U think your texture coords are inverted vertically.

Baboonanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: October 21, 2009, 04:32:07 am »

So it is!

EDIT: The problem is that my texture loading code loads textures upside down *slaps forehead*. I can't believe I'd never noticed, it would explain a lot
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 04:34:32 am by Baboonanza »

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: October 21, 2009, 04:44:29 am »

Wrong? Hell no, that's the most hilarious thing I've seen in weeks.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: October 21, 2009, 09:24:16 am »

Wrong? Hell no, that's the most hilarious thing I've seen in weeks.
So that's what's under the Kilt... wait... Dwarfs wear Kilts?
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #866 on: October 21, 2009, 11:06:11 am »

I thought that was normal. Oddly enough, it still seems statue-like.

But you gotta admit; with it done properly, it does look more badass.

Scarpa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: October 21, 2009, 11:22:28 am »

I wrote the screenshot code for Visual Fortress yesterday. It supports cropping and rescaling of the output, and with FBOs you can also render to a different size than your viewing window (like 1680x512 with a 130 degree FOV). I'd like to add an auto-upload ability but have no idea how to go about it so if you want to supply code or just point me in the right direction I'll add it in.

That sounds awesome on the screenshot feature. As for the auto-uploading I was just going to use Internet Explorer COM automation. It's a technique I've used before for functional test automation but it's not exactly 'friendly' or something you'd want to put into the product as it spawns an IE instance.

I wanted to bypass using a browser altogether but I haven't found a picture sharing site that has a web services API to make that easy.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: October 21, 2009, 12:02:45 pm »

You mean they aren't supposed to have a beard in their crotch?

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: October 21, 2009, 12:10:23 pm »

I never payed to close atention to the crotch or legs before :D I like the way the helmet looked even if it was an error. that face and beard will take some getting used to after becoming used to what they looked like before.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 90