Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 90

Author Topic: Visual Fortress: another 3D visualisation app  (Read 325503 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Visual Fortress: another 3D visualisation app
« Reply #810 on: October 06, 2009, 05:34:15 pm »

Ya, I use 10x10 since the pyramids look (IMO) really stupid with it set at 5x10 or whatever the default was. With 10x10 it is also much easier to get the dimensions of the build right, since in 5x10 the stargate would not be even close to circular. The same goes for the colosseum; I looked it up on wiki (and actually started with plans based on a cutaway section of the colosseum) to find the width, height, and lengths. Then I roughly translated that into the size of area I had to work with.

DF is srs biznis!  ;D

Maw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 08, 2009, 07:43:37 am »

is that a microcline stargate?!

Good Armok, how will you prevent dwarfs from leaping into it?!
Well, once the first one hits you'll get an alert message

"You have struck microcline!"

Thank you - that's the first good ROFL I've had in a long time - might just sig this if you don't mind?
The three stages of information assimilation in bay 12:
1)horror
2)curiosity
3)weaponization

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 09, 2009, 06:14:29 am »

HURRAY!
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 09, 2009, 06:52:42 am »

hurray?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

niaba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: October 11, 2009, 07:53:02 am »

I'm not sure what you have planned for slices but can I make a suggestion? One slider for each axis (probably a given) and modifiers for each slider (NOT, AND, OR, XOR) so virtually any slice shape is possible. I hope you get the idea.
ust pretend this is interesting.

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 11, 2009, 12:41:13 pm »

From another post, I was told to put it here:
Hey, I am trying to use visual fortress to find a magma pipe, it worked fine on one PC that has exactly the same version of DF, but on this PC it doesnt. It is definitely set to reveal it, and I did the mine out/undesignate trick to draw the whole map. It shows everything I can see fine, but the rest is just black space...
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

kenken244

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: October 11, 2009, 01:02:56 pm »

I had this strange but with transparency appearing randomly after constructing clear glass statues.
Here's an image of it:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: October 11, 2009, 01:16:27 pm »

you posted a picture of am artifact rope reed rope...

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: October 11, 2009, 01:29:25 pm »

From another post, I was told to put it here:
Hey, I am trying to use visual fortress to find a magma pipe, it worked fine on one PC that has exactly the same version of DF, but on this PC it doesnt. It is definitely set to reveal it, and I did the mine out/undesignate trick to draw the whole map. It shows everything I can see fine, but the rest is just black space...

An image:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Baboonanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: October 11, 2009, 02:20:51 pm »

Well, that IS strange  :-\ I have no idea what the problem is

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 11, 2009, 04:53:56 pm »

I had that as well, but if you adjust the one of the "slice" sliders to the extent then adjust the other one it seemed to fix it on mine.  It appears to have a problem if one slider isn't "home."  I had it happen after using the slice down button to get to the level I wanted, but accidentally going past it then using the up arrow to go back up one level.  This is what appears to have happened.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Baboonanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 12, 2009, 03:41:38 am »

I had that as well, but if you adjust the one of the "slice" sliders to the extent then adjust the other one it seemed to fix it on mine.  It appears to have a problem if one slider isn't "home."  I had it happen after using the slice down button to get to the level I wanted, but accidentally going past it then using the up arrow to go back up one level.  This is what appears to have happened.
Ah, that information is more helpful. I'll run some tests, but I've fixed some related bugs in my dev version already.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #822 on: October 12, 2009, 10:22:57 am »

It would be even more awesome (and appropriate) if it were built out of "water" (i.e. ice), and it'd even be the same color, though it'd only be possible if the map gets cold enough to freeze. Extra bonus points for constructing the "unstable vortex" out of ice in front of the gate and connecting it to a support.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 10:24:35 am by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: October 12, 2009, 12:31:58 pm »

Hmm, I am getting the same problem when I try 3Dwarf, which means it is something to do with my client. I designated the bottom layer many times, and it worked on a different pc (Which I currently cant access)... I am not getting any errors either..

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: October 12, 2009, 01:08:35 pm »

It would be even more awesome (and appropriate) if it were built out of "water" (i.e. ice), and it'd even be the same color, though it'd only be possible if the map gets cold enough to freeze. Extra bonus points for constructing the "unstable vortex" out of ice in front of the gate and connecting it to a support.
I actually could, but this is a map of many projects, as you probably noticed in the picture, and so I have much else to do; not the least of which is finishing the other 3 sides of the colosseum. And i have yet to even start my biggest project...
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 90