Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 90

Author Topic: Visual Fortress: another 3D visualisation app  (Read 325316 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Visual Fortress: another 3D visualisation app
« Reply #555 on: September 12, 2009, 07:04:28 pm »

I thought it was maybe the camera angle?

Edit: What Mike said and I was thinking along the right lines so to speak.

Davion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 12, 2009, 07:26:36 pm »

World of Warcraft was released 5 years ago, and the graphics looked dated then.

If the barrels are never seen very close, then yes, hexagonal is fine, but I think it's possible to keep the Still under 1000 triangles even with up to dodecagonal barrels.

You can get away with a lot by just texturing stuff. And that's just a 256 map on a tweaked hexagonal cylinder. Hopefully down the line support for more advanced shaders is implemented. :)

Venatius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 12, 2009, 09:32:54 pm »

With absolutely all due respect to Volfram, you should probably judge things on how you know them to be meant, not on your own inapplicable "pet" definitions of words. In this case, for instance, even though I said "should", which by this argument means I'm asserting authority, it's in fact obvious I'm just sarcastically goat-getting and would require a deliberate misinterpretation to infer otherwise.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 10:10:43 pm by Venatius »

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 12, 2009, 10:02:00 pm »

We all should end this pointless derailment. if you want to argue, go to 4chan.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

Venatius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 12, 2009, 10:42:37 pm »

Aw, but the quality of the typical poster around here is so much better. But, yes, you're right.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 13, 2009, 12:17:09 am »

Aw, but the quality of the typical poster around here is so much better. But, yes, you're right.
Then do as suggested earlier... take it to the General Discussions Forum
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Kardos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 13, 2009, 10:56:28 am »

Is the tower in back leaning?!  :P
Um, duders, that's perspective+lens distortion, not a leaning tower.
Very fitting to dwarven vision I might add.

Mordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mordae
« Reply #562 on: September 13, 2009, 02:46:08 pm »

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 13, 2009, 04:12:25 pm »

You really know how to use ramps to get them to look exactly like you want them to.

I've made a few experiments that could be interpreted as I wanted, but happen to not be (such as two ramps next to each other, with no walls both showing up as spikes, not as a combined ridge).

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 13, 2009, 05:14:36 pm »

Freaking GORGEOUS.

Volfram

• Bay Watcher
  • hate you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 13, 2009, 05:49:31 pm »

May I recommend that you move your vendetta against the word "should" to a General Discussion thread?

Well I was done with it, but apparently some people can't just drop things after being told the discussion is over.

Second time today someone's brought up something that I'd been finished with and pitched it at me.  I'm reminded, ages ago, of when someone posted a joke review of DF, which everyone here took seriously.(This was before I joined.)

If I'd been a member at the time, I would have commented that I didn't want to be associated with people who took vendettas so seriously.  I'm considering taking this opinion again, if people don't SHUT UP, DROP THE SEMANTIC DISCUSSION, AND GET BACK TO TALKING ABOUT THE VISUALIZER.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 05:53:49 pm by Volfram »
Andir and Roxorius "should" die.

Yes, actually, I am trying to get myself banned.  I wish Toady would quit working on this worthless piece of junk and go back to teaching math.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 13, 2009, 06:26:45 pm »

Around 15 more z-levels to go.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9292/53446742.jpg
You are making me want to create a tower in an extreme cliff area just to make it the only method of transport top to bottom...

If I'd been a member at the time, I would have commented that I didn't want to be associated with people who took vendettas so seriously.  I'm considering taking this opinion again, if people don't SHUT UP, DROP THE SEMANTIC DISCUSSION, AND GET BACK TO TALKING ABOUT THE VISUALIZER.
Pot, meet Kettle...
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 13, 2009, 07:12:40 pm »

May I recommend that you move your vendetta against the word "should" to a General Discussion thread?

Well I was done with it, but apparently some people can't just drop things after being told the discussion is over.

Second time today someone's brought up something that I'd been finished with and pitched it at me.  I'm reminded, ages ago, of when someone posted a joke review of DF, which everyone here took seriously.(This was before I joined.)

What the hell were you guys arguing about anyways? I really don't see a point to whatever the argument was about. It's like arguing about variations of pronouncing tomato.

Back on topic...

That tower definetly goes with the Mordor look that you said you were going for. It just dominates the bleak looking terrain.

Volfram

• Bay Watcher
  • hate you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 13, 2009, 08:21:05 pm »

Pot, meet Kettle...
At least I don't lie about the fact that I'm an incendiary individual.  You waited at least a full page between when Footkerchief said to end the matter and when you decided to start poking the wild animal with sticks.

I'd be happy to drop it as long as you will agree to shut your worthless piehole.
Andir and Roxorius "should" die.

Yes, actually, I am trying to get myself banned.  I wish Toady would quit working on this worthless piece of junk and go back to teaching math.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 13, 2009, 08:28:55 pm »

Goodness gracious.
Find an anger management group.

Anyway, has anyone rendered that one bridge with this software?
You know, that awesome, massive bridge, with all the magma torches.
And the big flat sun-shaped tower at the end of it.
I don't remember what the fortress was called.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 90