Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oh the Irony  (Read 916 times)

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
Oh the Irony
« on: July 29, 2009, 02:03:02 am »

I have a Butcher that absolutely loves animals. He has 5 cats and 2 horses, of which, 3 of the cats have kittens, and both horses have foals. What the hell kind of butcher is an animal lover??
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

AlienChickenPie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oh the Irony
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 02:50:55 am »

The kind that loves them for lunch.

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 05:46:00 am »

Note that you can make him butcher his own pets, and he will be pleased about having work to do, but on the other hand, he just killed his pet. The thoughts might balance out.
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.) 

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 05:47:40 am »

He has meager quarters so that's no good, however, my dining hall is legendary. Hmm.....
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 07:25:52 am »

He has meager quarters so that's no good, however, my dining hall is legendary. Hmm.....

Ah? Meager? All of my dwarfs have legendary rooms- namely because of my legendary smoothers/engravers along with legendary carpentry combined with legendary masonry stacked on top of them stealing random crap of legendary quality >.<. I can put the king and all the nobles in one room that is stacked with offices, dining, bedroom ect and it's still royal. You just gotta train your engravers really. You're dwarfs can have there spouse killed by their child who was eaten by there cat who they butchered in revenge and still be happy as long as they've got a nice carving up cheese on there floor...

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 11:01:42 am »

I have a legendary engraver, a legendary carpenter, and a legendary mason (he's the mayor though so he doesn't do shit, bastard), the only reason not everbody has excellent rooms, is because the main housing district, the slums if you will, are all in the sandy area. You can't smooth out those parts and they were filled with beds when my carpenter was still low level. So the slums are still slums and I'm working on other extremely important mining projects (namely prisoner killing arenas and such) so they are busy for the moment. I'll just leave him with his animals until they get cut by a kobald thief and go unconcious on a weapon trap, like one of my soldiers cat did. Luckily the barracks are all very nice, she had a satisfying training session, and enjoyed a nice slaughter recently.

Dwezeldorf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 05:24:50 pm »

the only reason not everbody has excellent rooms, is because the main housing district, the slums if you will, are all in the sandy area. You can't smooth out those parts and they were filled with beds when my carpenter was still low level.

Why not just dig out the current walls and build some with excess stone?

Eater of Vermin

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 07:18:15 pm »

Can't engrave constructed walls, so all that really does is maybe upgrade from slums to hovels.
Dances with Kobolds

(Mamba in the Magma...  one, two, char-char-char!)

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 08:00:06 pm »

My newest fort has all the rooms in the sandy level; only the mining takes place below the aquifer level. I've been able to jack up room prices by sticking tapestries (pig tail/cave spider ropes) into the rooms; the ones I put a lot of effort into (like moving them from workshop to workshop and only let legendaries work on them) are worth almost 10,000 dwarf bucks, making instant noble rooms. Basic tapestries with a few nice dyes and some leather, cloth and bone decorations are a lot easier to produce are consistently up at 1000 dwarf bucks; I put them in my hovels along with a decent quality bed and wooden cabinet and the dwarves love it.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.