Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d13] weird minor graphical glitch  (Read 542 times)

koruth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d13] weird minor graphical glitch
« on: July 29, 2009, 01:50:05 am »

I was channeling some magma across the map so I could move my magma forges closer to the main base, and I ran across a weird graphical glitch as I watched the stone melting (I like watching things melt, it's a bit like staring at a camp fire.)

One of the blotches of andesite that the channel was currently melting through turned into andesite-colored melty squiggles, instead of the normal magma-colored melty squiggles.  The gray molten andesite moved and behaved just like normal melted rock, and disappeared as soon as the magma annihilated it entirely, but it was odd enough that I thought I'd report it.

[img=http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8646/dorfglitch.th.jpg]

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: [40d13] weird minor graphical glitch
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 03:11:30 am »

I believe this is normal behavior as long as there isn't magma sitting in the same tile.  If you 'k' over it, it should just say "Andesite".

koruth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d13] weird minor graphical glitch
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 04:54:14 am »

I believe this is normal behavior as long as there isn't magma sitting in the same tile.  If you 'k' over it, it should just say "Andesite".

If it is normal behaviour, then I've never seen it before.  Still, that's a wonder of this game, that you can always find something new.